Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 01:06:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  League of Legends  |  Topic: Patch v1.0.0.98 08/10 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Patch v1.0.0.98 08/10  (Read 7703 times)
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

on: July 27, 2010, 10:31:05 AM

PVP.net 1.15.10
Fixed a bug where Champion Select music would turn back on sometimes even when it was muted
Fixed a bug where ratings were not appearing in buddy tooltips correctly for high rated players
Fixed a freeze that would happen sometimes when buddies logged on or off
Fixed a freeze that would happen sometimes when choosing a Champion.
Fixed a bug where Champion Selection leavers were always identified as "Summoner 1"
Fixed a bug with rune page tooltips in the Summoner screen where they were not always showing all of the stats

League of Legends v1.0.0.97

Vladimir, The Crimson Reaper
Transfusion: Vladimir drains the lifeforce of his target, dealing magic damage and healing himself for 25% of that amount.
Sanguine Pool: Vladimir sinks into a pool of blood for 2.5 seconds, becoming untargetable and slowing enemies above him. Vladmir deals magic damage to targets above him and heals himself for 15% of that amount.
Tides of Blood: Vladimir unleashes a torrent of blood, damaging surrounding enemies. Additionally, multiple Tides of Blood in a short period of time cause them to cost additional health and deal additional damage, and increases his healing and regeneration by 8%.
(Ultimate) Hemoplague: Vladimir infects the target area with a virulent plague that increases the damage they take for 5 seconds. After 5 seconds, infected enemies take magic damage.
(Passive) Crimson Pact: Bonus health gives Vladimir bonus ability power, and every bonus ability power gives Vladimir bonus health (does not stack with itself).

Ashe
Focus (passive) will now display a buff showing how much extra crit chance Ashe has

Blitzcrank
Fixed a bug with Rocket Grab that allowed instant cast teleport spells to teleport people out of a grab after it had already hit and they were in the process of being pulled.

Ezreal
Fixed a discrepancy in Essence Flux's level-up tooltip that incorrectly mentioned a heal

Garen
Garen can now cast all of his spells while using Judgment instead of just Courage.
Slightly increased the range of Judgment

Heimerdinger
CH1 Concussion Grenade ability power ratio reduced to .55 from .7
CH1 Concussion Grenade range reduced to 925 from 1000
Fixed a bug with H28G Evolutionary Turret in which level 2 and level 3 turrets were dealing full damage to towers.

Katarina
Bouncing Blades cooldown increased to 10/9.5/9/8.5/8 from 8 at all ranks
Voracity (Passive) gold gain on kills and assists reduced to 25 from 50

Kayle
Righteous Fury tooltip adjusted to indicate the buff duration and attack range increase
Divine Blessing
Movement speed bonus reduced to a flat 12% from 10/12/14/16/18%
Mana cost increased to 60/65/70/75/80from 50/55/60/65/70
Ability power ratio reduced to .5 from .6

Kog'Maw
Base attack range increased to 500 from 450.
Caustic Spittle range increased to 625 from 600.
Bio Arcane Barrage bonus range reduced to 130/160/190/220/250 from 140/180/220/260/300

Mordekaiser
Fixed a bug with Children of the Grave where it was granting permanent ability power and damage in some circumstances

Shaco
Deceive cooldown increased to 10 seconds from 8.5
Hallucinate’s clone will now take 150% increased damage at all ranks instead of 200/165/135%. The tooltip inaccurately stated that Shaco's clone would take 135% increased damage at all ranks.

Shen
Fixed a bug with Shadow Dash where it would play the Taunt sound when dashing over Null Zone

Twisted Fate
Fixed a bug where using Pick a Card versus inhibitors would cause the queued up effect to play the sound and particle during each attack

Xin Zhao
Base attack speed reduced to .658 from .679. This will also lower his attack speed gain from items and abilities by a similar percentage
Attack speed per level reduced to 2.6% from 2.8%
Audacious Charge
Area of effect radius reduced to 225 from 350
Slow percentage reduced to 20/25/30/35/40% from 40% at all levels
Slow duration reduced to 1.7 seconds from 2 seconds
Fixed a bug where Xin Zhao could appear to slow down during his charge if he attempted to move too much
Crescent Sweep base damage lowered to 125/250/375 from 150/275/400
Crescent Sweep percentage of current health damage lowered to 20% from 25% at all levels

Zilean
Chronoshift's buff icon will now display a timer for when the buff will fade.

Items
Guardian Angel will now display a timer showing how long until the effect is ready again
Zhonya's Ring no longer removes stealth upon activation
Wriggles Lantern no longer removes stealth when used
Executioner's Calling will no longer remove stealth when used
Fixed a bug with Trinity Force that was causing the proc on spell cast to do less damage than intended.
Fixed a bug with Randuin's Omen where the activation effect was not unique
Fixed a bug where Ignite could be cast while in stasis from Zhonya's Ring

Summoner Spells
Exhaust, Teleport, Flash, Heal, Clarity, Rally, Ignite, and Smite now remove stealth when used
Cleanse, Fortify, Clairvoyance, Ghost, and Revive can be used without breaking stealth

General
Added new targeting reticules for skill shots. These can be turned off in the options menu.
Global turret experience on Summoner's Rift (Summer/Winter) decreased to 60/100/140 from 140/190/240
Global turret experience on Twisted Treeline decreased to 60/100 from 140/190
Mouse wheel scrolling on the minimap is now disabled by default
Fixed a bug where Champions would move through walls when taking certain paths
Fixed a bug with Death Recap where it was not displaying damage from abilities like Jack in the Box or H28G Evolution Turrets
Fixed a bug where the Scoreboard was not properly updating enemy items when they came into visibility
Fixed a bug where destroyed Inhibitors would display a debug string when pinged

Kat got nerfed early game, which means she got nerfed across the board.

On the brighter side, new hero looks like tons of fun to play.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2010, 06:34:19 AM by MrHat »
Prospero
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: July 27, 2010, 10:43:45 AM

That's a pretty harsh nerf for Kat. I don't play her, but that seems pretty undeserved. It's good to see Xin Zhao and Heimer get a readjustment.
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: August 10, 2010, 06:33:59 AM

Holy crap.  Ryze got buffed ^_^

Also the new tank looks incredible.  I can't believe that a 3s group taunt won't change the game completely.  I mean, just duo around with him and Nunu for easy group kills.
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #3 on: August 10, 2010, 09:28:16 AM

Still no Singed skin?

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Nonentity
Terracotta Army

2009 Demon's Souls Fantasy League Champion

Reply #4 on: August 10, 2010, 01:11:57 PM

Played around a bit with Galio today.

He doesn't AP scale very well, so trying to build an AP Galio would be kind of pointless. You could probably do some AP/Tank hybrid and have decent results.

I went pure tank, though. His ulti can be quite good, except you have to make sure you catch all the stunners and silencers with your ult, otherwise they can pop you out of it. Cho'gath popped me out of mine more than once. His slow is projectile based (think Heimer's grenade), and can hit about as well as Rammus' powerball does. His targeted shield is nice too - throw it on yourself and wade into creep aggro to get health back.

He feels like the caster version of Rammus, but his ult is super tricky. Whereas Rammus is pretty hard to screw up with the reliability of his abilities, I'm gonna have to fart around with Galio more to get used to his intricacies.

But that Captain's salami tray was tight, yo. You plump for the roast pork loin, dogg?

[20:42:41] You are halted on the way to the netherworld by a dark spirit, demanding knowledge.
[20:42:41] The spirit touches you and you feel drained.
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #5 on: August 10, 2010, 02:36:22 PM

Rune pages for sale, at long last!

The biggest balance change I see are Malth's boost and the Heimer turret changes which hopefully bring them a bit more into line. I'm glad they are starting to improve Olaf, that is a big increase to his slow, I wonder if this is the start of a series of buffs or if its all he is getting in the near term?

That and item changes to two items I've always wanted to use but felt were overcosted in the Gunblade and Lantern are exciting for me personally.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: August 10, 2010, 02:44:28 PM

Rune pages for sale, at long last!

The biggest balance change I see are Malth's boost and the Heimer turret changes which hopefully bring them a bit more into line. I'm glad they are starting to improve Olaf, that is a big increase to his slow, I wonder if this is the start of a series of buffs or if its all he is getting in the near term?

That and item changes to two items I've always wanted to use but felt were overcosted in the Gunblade and Lantern are exciting for me personally.

Olaf with a little support behind him will destroy lives.  He's damn fun to play, always on the edge.

But w/ the big Garens-everywhere week, he can't spend time at low health.
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: August 10, 2010, 03:53:31 PM

KogMaw - 6300 IP
Malzahar - 6300 IP (lawl)
Vlad - 6300 IP
Galio - 6300 IP

Sigh..I think the only champion they've released since beta thats less than 3150 IP is Poppy.  I wonder how long before they release better runes that can be bought with IP or RP.

But fucking yay for having 9 rune pages.  I'd be more excited about it though if it wasn't something that should of been included since launch and didn't cost a ton of RP.  A third page at least should of just been a free addition since thats really the ideal number if you can't have more.  (AD, AP and Tank)
« Last Edit: August 10, 2010, 04:17:29 PM by Thrawn »

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
Typhon
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: August 10, 2010, 05:04:39 PM

I have no sympathy for bitching about the IP (FREE!!!!!) price for champions in a FREE game that has no advertising.

A 6300 IP / 975 RP champion is $7 (if you buy $10 of RP).  Seven dollars.  You get to try all the champions for free for a period of time, so it's not even like you are spending $7 for something you might not like.  You like a champion a lot, you shell out $7 and keep your IP for runes.  You don't like them, wait for a new champion.

They need to make money to stay in business, I'm pretty much wondering how they are managing as is.  I just don't see the problem. 
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: August 10, 2010, 05:18:44 PM

I have more then enough IP to buy champs when they come out, so it's not a personal issue.  It just bugs me how the pricing seems totaly random, they should just have every new champ be the same price and maybe drop the price on older champs over time.  For a free game it really is a great product.

I would guess Riot is having no trouble making money.  Just the RP that will be spent on the extra rune pages will be big bucks I'm sure.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2010, 05:29:08 PM by Thrawn »

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #10 on: August 10, 2010, 06:02:34 PM

They fucked up the pricing originally on champions, the supposed intent was good but if they were really intending to price to lead new players through easy champs into harder ones they fucked up completely none of the pricing makes sense on that level really. I'm not sure why they don't price new champs the same way they said they were going to price the original cast.

Start them at 6300 and after X time move the champ to an appropriate level of ip based on how difficult he/she is to play.

You really have to give them credit for releasing additional rune pages for IP, considering the for sure customers (hardcore tryhard players) have a shitton of IP from all the games they have played and almost all bought every champ at release via the bundles. I really am pleased and impressed that they stuck to their word and aren't selling any game advantages for RP only.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2010, 06:04:16 PM by Hoax »

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Kail
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: August 10, 2010, 06:39:07 PM

I have no sympathy for bitching about the IP (FREE!!!!!) price for champions in a FREE game that has no advertising.

"Free" doesn't excuse grind.  Runescape is free, that doesn't automatically make it a fun game.  It's stlil a grind in LoL to get 6k points.  That's something like thirty hours of play for me.  RP is not free, and even on the rare occasion that they do release a champ that only costs 3k IP, they still price him at 975 IP, which is $10.00.  Skins are just as much, or more, so I have no idea why they don't release a few cheap champs to get people to buy the skins.

I bought the last one with money because I was getting sick of grinding the same map over and over again for six months, and I haven't played him yet because the goddamn practice matches have been jacked for like two fucking weeks now.  So, yes, I am a bit sore that they keep coming out with new champions and skins every two weeks like clockwork but can't be arsed to fix server problems they've had since launch, or maybe add a new map once every other month or so.
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #12 on: August 10, 2010, 09:51:04 PM

Then don't grind and play him for free 2 weeks like you can play vlad now for free.  There is a weird entitlement tone about your post I don't get.

"Me am play gods"
Kail
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: August 10, 2010, 10:16:49 PM

Then don't grind and play him for free 2 weeks like you can play vlad now for free.  There is a weird entitlement tone about your post I don't get.

It's not the new character I'm particularly annoyed with, I can deal with not having every new hero, it's the fact that every new hero is looking like this.  6k is more than I'm really comfortable grinding, so I'm stuck either paying money for new characters or running the same few characters through the same two maps over and over, and I'm already getting sick of that.

Mostly I'm just whining.  But I am getting frustrated by their business model.  I suspect they're doing pretty well financially and therefore my bitching is irrelevant, but it is starting to grate on me.  I could just stop playing the game, but it's a good game, I think, I just wish there were more of it.  And the game is set up so that there can be more, but I don't know if I'll ever see it, so it frustrates me.  Sorry if I'm coming off as a bit shrill.
Prospero
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: August 10, 2010, 10:18:09 PM

How is playing a game you like ever grinding? That's the part I don't understand. Either you like playing LoL and the IP naturally flows in or you don't.
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #15 on: August 10, 2010, 11:29:55 PM

Also the best part is, you've only paid what money you want so your free to take breaks whenever you want, the game and your account will be there when you come back. Unlike most MMO's where this is a pressure to not quit and to play lots because you've invested this much in the game already.

You can buy boosts if the IP "grind" is feeling that slow, or you can stick to the other 35 champs that are 3k and under.

As for maps, those will take a long time. Each map under the existing MOBA/DOTA paradigm is essentially a game unto itself. Expect that instead of a plethora of maps there will be in the next year a variety of ways the maps are played. Much like people make 5v5 all random all mid lane practice games currently.

I think they will eventually get out some gimmick maps and odd game scenarios but its much more important to them to aim for esport status and the money and attention that can garner (just ask starcraft) while they still feel they have a shot at it.

-William Gibson
LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: August 15, 2010, 05:50:15 PM

Ever since this patch I have been matched up with some of the worst fucking players in the game. Seems like the closer I get to 30 the higher percentage of games just go to shit right from Champion Select. Four of my last five games had Twitch. Twitch isn't free.

"Then there's the double-barreled shotgun from Doom 2 - no-one within your entire household could be of any doubt that it's been fired because it sounds like God slamming a door on his fingers." - Yahtzee Croshaw
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: August 15, 2010, 08:40:43 PM

A good Twitch rules, though...  awesome, for real

Every match I play seems to have a Yi now, most people who play him are assholes.

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: August 16, 2010, 07:25:17 AM

Every match I play seems to have a Yi now, most people who play him are assholes.

Yi is one of the few characters that (especially after last night) I still think is worth dodging in normal play.  The 2-10 minute wait timer is better then the half hour wasted loss.  Yes you will occasionally get a decent Yi, but more often then not you get some ass who has no idea what he's doing and feeds the game to the other team while screaming how great he is and how terrible you are the entire time.

Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #19 on: August 16, 2010, 11:11:51 AM

Yi is the new Shaco or the free week Shaco all the time, depending on how you look at it.

-William Gibson
LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: August 16, 2010, 01:05:20 PM

"Then there's the double-barreled shotgun from Doom 2 - no-one within your entire household could be of any doubt that it's been fired because it sounds like God slamming a door on his fingers." - Yahtzee Croshaw
Kail
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: August 16, 2010, 01:58:14 PM

...and Singed finally got a skin ;)

Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #22 on: August 17, 2010, 05:56:39 AM

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Dtrain
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: August 20, 2010, 02:14:39 PM

Are they talking about the more or less inconsequential mana cost adjustments that happened a patch or two ago?

Though maybe they could change his passive - I don't put a lot of stock into Rammus' passive - to the point where I don't even think twice to give up armor for magic resist in the right type of fight.
LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: August 20, 2010, 03:21:09 PM

They are redoing his passive.

tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #25 on: August 27, 2010, 06:44:45 PM

New to my book of grudges: Ryze who buys almost exclusively wards.

"Me am play gods"
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  League of Legends  |  Topic: Patch v1.0.0.98 08/10  
Jump to: