Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 02:15:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Serious Business  |  Topic: Mobile phone radiation now healthy - prevents Alzheimer's 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mobile phone radiation now healthy - prevents Alzheimer's  (Read 1728 times)
eldaec
Terracotta Army

on: January 06, 2010, 05:20:01 PM

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/8443541.stm

After all the concern over possible damage to health from using mobile phones, scientists have found a potential benefit from radiation. Their work has been carried out on mice, but it suggests mobiles might protect against Alzheimer's.

Florida scientists found that phone radiation actually protected the memories of mice programmed to get Alzheimer's disease. They are now testing more frequencies to see if they can get better results.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: January 06, 2010, 05:23:25 PM

I scientest found similar results about 10 years ago, but he was shitcanned by the mobile phone industry and his reserch was buiried, as the line was "Mobiles have no effect at all" Because once you admit they have an effect, you have conciser what other effects they might have. Its easier to market as "Mobile phones are shiney and will get you laid"

Hic sunt dracones.
dusematic
Terracotta Army

Diablo 3's Number One Fan

Reply #2 on: January 06, 2010, 11:06:22 PM

All your consicer belong to me.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: January 07, 2010, 06:05:50 AM

I don't know, "Mobile phones are shiney and will get you laid and are also the secret to eternal youth" would also be a pretty cool tag line.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #4 on: January 07, 2010, 06:58:56 AM

Given long enough, you can tweak data and testing procedures to produce whatever result you're paying for. Eggs are good, eggs are bad, they're good again, they're bad. Go suck some eggs imo.
rattran

Unreasonable

Reply #5 on: January 07, 2010, 10:43:33 AM

I scientest ... reserch was buiried, ... conciser ...

Is it time for an intervention? Or do you just need to use a mobile more?
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: January 07, 2010, 11:31:37 AM

What I want to know is how they got all those mice to talk on mobile phones in the first place.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
rattran

Unreasonable

Reply #7 on: January 07, 2010, 01:24:40 PM

Charged them $0.10 per text.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Serious Business  |  Topic: Mobile phone radiation now healthy - prevents Alzheimer's  
Jump to: