Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 10:05:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Steam  |  Topic: The Witcher: Enhanced Director's Cut - 30% off - $27.99 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Witcher: Enhanced Director's Cut - 30% off - $27.99  (Read 4404 times)
schild
Administrator

on: August 06, 2009, 02:42:03 PM

Topic.

14GB install. Wooooo. Hopefully it'll be done before Steam goes down tonight >_<
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #1 on: August 06, 2009, 03:16:38 PM

Jesus H.  I can't wait to see your impressions.  It's like a single player MMO.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #2 on: August 06, 2009, 03:19:39 PM

Eh, its not quite as bad as the ITS A MMUMORPHUGUH Yahtzee review makes it out to be. The combat really is fairly brain-dead though.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
schild
Administrator

Reply #3 on: August 06, 2009, 03:34:12 PM

I actually liked it. The writing was passable enough that i liked wandering around. Also, now that I've just finished reading the Glen Cook fantasy stuff (or rather, the first omnibus of The Black Company), I'm looking forward to replaying this with a new sense of purpose and a new flavor of evil.
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #4 on: August 06, 2009, 03:40:20 PM

Going for the boobie cards then, I see?   awesome, for real
schild
Administrator

Reply #5 on: August 06, 2009, 03:45:53 PM

Nah, updated inventory and such.
JWIV
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: August 06, 2009, 05:37:18 PM

Going for the boobie cards then, I see?   awesome, for real

All you had to do for those was order the international edition.    DRILLING AND MANLINESS
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #7 on: August 06, 2009, 09:03:21 PM

I want to play it for the boobie cards, no $%@#%@%@$ money atm though, like for real, not fun.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #8 on: August 08, 2009, 09:02:07 PM

Apparently you get a free upgrade if you had the previous edition.  Woot!  Boobies here I come. awesome, for real
Kail
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: August 11, 2009, 04:02:29 PM

Apparently you get a free upgrade if you had the previous edition.  Woot!  Boobies here I come. awesome, for real

Do you need a CD key?  Mine didn't come with one, and I needed it for the last upgrade, I think.  Checked out their support forums and their suggestion was something like e-mailing the publisher and asking them for a key, which seemed a touch optimistic to me.
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #10 on: August 13, 2009, 08:51:23 PM

Do you need a CD key?  Mine didn't come with one, and I needed it for the last upgrade, I think.  Checked out their support forums and their suggestion was something like e-mailing the publisher and asking them for a key, which seemed a touch optimistic to me.

I didn't need it on Steam.  I just downloaded it and it worked. 
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #11 on: September 08, 2009, 08:38:52 AM

The boobie update has been implemented in Impulse, if anyone made the purchase through them.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

Reply #12 on: September 08, 2009, 01:43:48 PM

Friend did this. Only took a day to get the key.
Ragnoros
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: October 27, 2009, 01:48:49 PM

This is now 19.99 during mid-week madness on Steam.

And the award for bad timing goes to... If it was not for the fact that like 5 other games that I must play drop TODAY I would buy it.

Owls are an example of evolution showing off. -Shannow

BattleTag - Ray#1555
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #14 on: October 28, 2009, 08:46:25 AM

I'm a little tempted to buy it just in case I want to pick it up again someday without reinstalling from CD.  In my heart of hearts I'm pretty sure it would continue to go unplayed, though.

I think the lesson I've learned from my last couple of box purchases is that I should never again buy a PC game in a box.  It inevitably comes out on Steam for cheaper and I consider re-buying it just for the convenience factor, even if it wasn't that good of a game.  (See: Spore.)

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #15 on: October 28, 2009, 08:47:38 AM

You bought Spore twice?   ACK!

-Rasix
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #16 on: October 28, 2009, 04:59:22 PM

I said I considered it.   why so serious?  I still plan on firing up Spore again, even if only briefly, if they come out with a cheap expansion that has the flora editor.  And I don't want to have to dig up the discs to do it.  But I guess if that ever happens there'll be some "buy Spore and all its expansions on Steam for $20" weekend deal and I can get it then.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #17 on: October 28, 2009, 11:29:34 PM

I've done that same thing a couple of times. I bought Bioshock, a couple of the X-Coms in that big bundle, DoW SoulStorm, Gun (which I had/have on console) Beyond G&E (I have on PS2, but it was also in a bundle) Far Cry (via a bundle) and just now, STALKER, for $3.75

Witcher though, I can buy a boxed copy of the EE for less than this Steam price from the UK, so fuggit.

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Steam  |  Topic: The Witcher: Enhanced Director's Cut - 30% off - $27.99  
Jump to: