Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 06:28:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Lord of the Rings Online  |  Topic: Siege of Mirkwood Launch Day Video! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Siege of Mirkwood Launch Day Video!  (Read 3512 times)
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

on: December 01, 2009, 07:35:59 AM

Siege of Mirkwood Launch Day Video

OOOOooooo, siege weapons.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
Arthur_Parker
Terracotta Army

Internet Detective

Reply #1 on: December 01, 2009, 08:09:33 AM

Didn't even know it was launch day, I'm only level 34 not even reached Moria yet.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: December 01, 2009, 08:21:34 AM

Didn't even know it was launch day, I'm only level 34 not even reached Moria yet.

Well, you are a good level to start playing skirmishes. I hope to do them with large kinship groups.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #3 on: December 01, 2009, 11:20:53 AM

To start the bloody skirmish tutorial, you have to complete a quest to get 10 war orders from any orcs, goblins, trolls, warg-riders in Middle-Earth - but they can't be grey to you. The war orders drop about 1 out of every 5-6, at least in my experience so far.

The horse as a skill thing is huge! Talking to NPC's while on a horse or vendoring is awesome.

Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: December 01, 2009, 11:27:30 AM

To start the bloody skirmish tutorial, you have to complete a quest to get 10 war orders from any orcs, goblins, trolls, warg-riders in Middle-Earth - but they can't be grey to you. The war orders drop about 1 out of every 5-6, at least in my experience so far.

The horse as a skill thing is huge! Talking to NPC's while on a horse or vendoring is awesome.

A good deal of the mount changes seem to be foundational support for mounted combat.

Ard
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: December 01, 2009, 02:18:11 PM

Yeah, this one made me want to kick a kitten when I saw it in beta.  My feedback on it was more or less that they learned nothing from Moria and cockblocking expansion content needlessly. 

On the upside, at least you can reasonably get it done while questing elsewhere, but like the legendary item leveling to 10, it's dumb.
Stormwaltz
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: December 01, 2009, 08:34:31 PM

My feedback on it was more or less that they learned nothing from Moria and cockblocking expansion content needlessly.

While it is cockblocking, and incredibly annoying, they claimed it was necessary to prevent a server-crippling rush of instance creations when the servers first came up today.

Of course, five years from now, they still won't have taken it out.

Nothing in this post represents the views of my current or previous employers.

"Isn't that just like an elf? Brings a spell to a gun fight."

"Sci-Fi writers don't invent the future, they market it."
- Henry Cobb
Ard
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: December 02, 2009, 09:37:36 AM

Ah, I hadn't actually read them defending that quest anywhere.  My own fault for not looking I suppose.  I'm still not looking forward to redoing that quest again on two more characters that are in skirmish level range.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #8 on: December 02, 2009, 10:27:54 AM

The best thing about talking to NPCs while mounted is that you can now completely and easily obscure the NPC from view of others.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: December 02, 2009, 10:59:23 AM

I dont really see the kill orcs thing as a cockblock. *shrug*

Just an FYI, I will be on tonight with my better half, and I fully hope to do a skirmish with as many kin members as we can muster.

Stormwaltz
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: December 02, 2009, 11:34:34 AM

Ah, I hadn't actually read them defending that quest anywhere.  My own fault for not looking I suppose.

Oh, that was on the beta forums last month. No fault of yours -- even if you'd looked, you wouldn't be able to find that.

Nothing in this post represents the views of my current or previous employers.

"Isn't that just like an elf? Brings a spell to a gun fight."

"Sci-Fi writers don't invent the future, they market it."
- Henry Cobb
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Lord of the Rings Online  |  Topic: Siege of Mirkwood Launch Day Video!  
Jump to: