Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 08:46:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: Titan Quartz Shard 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Titan Quartz Shard  (Read 5026 times)
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

on: February 27, 2005, 07:41:12 AM

Some guy gave it to me.  It's level 43 and I'm level 16.  I can't seem to find a place to sell it.  Can anyone help?

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #1 on: February 27, 2005, 09:07:06 PM

What is it anyways? An enhancement of some sort?

I've been out of the game too long, I guess.
SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: February 27, 2005, 10:48:03 PM

I am going to assume this is one of the "Unique" enhancements.

This means that it was likely dropped by one of the uber monsters in a Trial type mission string (such as the Eden trial or Sewer Trial).  I am guessing from the name, likely the Eden trial.

They usually give a boost to more then one modifier category (such as +defence/+attack, or +end reduc/+damage) and the like.

If this IS the case, you CAN NOT sell them. No normal vendor will take one, because they are "Universal" enhancers.  Able to be used by any archetype.

In this case, your best bet would be to either trade it to someone who would get best benefit out of its specific combination of modifiers, or keep it on an alt untill you are high enough to use it.

Darwinism is the Gateway Science.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #3 on: February 28, 2005, 02:44:06 AM

It is one of those biggie things.  Level 43 and enahnces damage and range... lots.  It's purdy.  I wouldn't be able to use it for a gazillion years.  How would I even keep it on an alt if I wanted to?  Anyway... anyone who can use it, want it?  I'm on Victory.

Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #4 on: February 28, 2005, 10:07:57 AM

As fun as CoH is, I don't see making level 43 in the next year. Took me six months just to make 24, heh. I guess there is a treadmill in there somewhere...

Sounds like a wicked enhancement for blasters!
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #5 on: February 28, 2005, 10:12:32 AM

Oh yes, definitely a treadmill there.  CoH is one of the grindiest games I've played.  It's still crazy mad fun for brief bursts of time.  I played a couple of months, quit, and went back a week or so ago.  It's just as fun as before, but I'm sure I'll probably do the back and forth thing several times before CoV comes out.  Playing hide and seek with the badges is a hoot, too.

Mesozoic
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: February 28, 2005, 11:44:14 AM

By level 34 I've reached a point where I don't want to solo anymore. My DM/regen scrapper simply isn't challenged in solo missions. If I do wander into a bad situation - say, at the deep end of Crey's Folly while soloing - I'm pretty much dead before I can do anything.  So, boredom or frustration.

Grouping is still tons of fun.  Hopefully that carries me up to 50, or at least till Issue 4.

...any religion that rejects coffee worships a false god.
-Numtini
Big Gulp
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: February 28, 2005, 01:08:55 PM

As fun as CoH is, I don't see making level 43 in the next year. Took me six months just to make 24, heh. I guess there is a treadmill in there somewhere...

Purples in Peregrine Island my friend.  Or failing that, you could probably do reds.  The 40's for me were pretty easy to blaze through, it was the 30's that were a bitch.
MaceVanHoffen
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: February 28, 2005, 01:23:42 PM

Purples in Peregrine Island my friend.  Or failing that, you could probably do reds.  The 40's for me were pretty easy to blaze through, it was the 30's that were a bitch.

At level 46, I have yet to experience anything remotely resembling a grind.  It was a little tough in my upper teens, but that was mainly due to me being a pre-Issue 3 regen scrapper.  Even my empath/energy defender is ripping through his twenties.

Everyone must just have a very different viewpoint on exactly what constitutes a grind.  I do wonder, though, if folks that are complaining of a grind are playing the "Everquest way," camping spawn points or hunting along streets.  I've never once done either, having done solid missions and taskforces through my current level.  Killing foozles has thus always had enough of a purpose to keep me interested, i.e. it's been part of a larger plot.  Ambushes, especially post-30, will keep you focused too.

One person's grind is another person's fun, I guess.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: February 28, 2005, 03:32:23 PM

It doesn't bother me much in CoH, the gameplay is fun. But I bring it up exactly because of that, I've had fun playing the game anbd I played the hell out of it last year, pretty solid for the first six months...and I'm level 24. I'm just not cut out for these games with level-based advancement, maybe in another two years I can see this endgame content I've heard about. It's just funny that I've played so much more CoH than WoW, yet my character in WoW is 44 (with a couple mid20 alts) and yet I have basically no confidence in the fact that I'll see the level cap in CoH.

Goddamned time-based advancement garbage.

Doesn't anyone realize how valuable time is? Am I the only one getting older here? Am I the only one who doesn't want to level-up AGAIN in yet ANOTHER video game? Enough already.

Bah. Keep making mmogs crappier, forget that WoW nonsense (except the excellent instances, of course). I need more free time (meaning not spent playing timesinks).
jpark
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: March 01, 2005, 09:08:53 AM

Took me six months just to make 24, heh. I guess there is a treadmill in there somewhere...

You need to stop tanking ;)

"I think my brain just shoved its head up its own ass in retaliation.
"  HaemishM.
Figleaf

Email
Reply #11 on: March 01, 2005, 11:41:05 AM

The Titan Quartz Shards are dropped as rewards for beating the Eden Trial (which is insane, the final AV can one-shot anyone who isn't using a special dropped inspiration called "Ambrosia").

If you can do so safely, take a trip to Founder's Falls or Peregrine Island and hit the request channel.  You can probably find someone who will pay you quite a bit of influence (think 50k+) for it.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #12 on: March 01, 2005, 11:48:42 AM

Thanks. I'll give it a go as long as no one here wants it.

shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #13 on: March 01, 2005, 12:02:00 PM

50k? That is a pittance. When I quit last year some of my SG mates in their mid-30s has 300,000+ influence and nothing to spend it on. A rare enhancement like that should give your character more influence than you will ever need. 250,000 minimum.

I have never played WoW.
Mesozoic
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: March 01, 2005, 12:37:10 PM

At 34th I have 450,000 infl. and nothing to really spend it on.  Definitely ask for more than 50k.

...any religion that rejects coffee worships a false god.
-Numtini
MaceVanHoffen
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: March 01, 2005, 01:03:25 PM

Thanks. I'll give it a go as long as no one here wants it.

I'd also support the notion that you should ask more than 50k for it.   In my low 40's, I had around 3 million influence at any given time.  Most heroes I know have much more than that, especially the more solo-friendly AT's.  Currently, when I hit level 47 last night, I had just over 10 million influence.

Heroes in their 40's have influence to burn.  So yeah, ask more than 50k :)
Llava
Contributor

Rrava roves you rong time

Reply #16 on: March 01, 2005, 01:06:27 PM

Weird that you guys say it's such a grind.  I mean, I have a 50 and a few guys over 30.  Got them a couple months ago.  Compare that to 50 days /played in DAoC to get my first character to level 50, over a year.

I do agree, though, that there's a problem with the systems that makes it hard to find enemies who fit somewhere between "boring" and "impossible."

Signe, at the very least I'd sell that for 100k.  I'll bet you could get a million if you get lucky.

That the saints may enjoy their beatitude and the grace of God more abundantly they are permitted to see the punishment of the damned in hell. -Saint Thomas Aquinas, Summa Theologica
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #17 on: March 01, 2005, 02:00:41 PM

Signe, at the very least I'd sell that for 100k.  I'll bet you could get a million if you get lucky.

If it was Lineage 2, I would just take my top off.

Shockeye
Staff Emeritus

Skinny-dippin' in a sea of Lee, I'd propose on bended knee...

Reply #18 on: March 01, 2005, 02:05:50 PM

If it was Lineage 2, I would just take my top off.

You could do that now, if you wished. I'll even change your title to "I browse topless".
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #19 on: March 01, 2005, 03:16:40 PM

No, I don't want to get labeled NSFW, thank you very much.  You guys get so grumpy when you get fired.

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: March 02, 2005, 06:27:26 AM

I think I saw nip.
Shockeye
Staff Emeritus

Skinny-dippin' in a sea of Lee, I'd propose on bended knee...

Reply #21 on: March 02, 2005, 07:27:27 AM

I think I saw nip.

She was probably using an enhancer.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #22 on: March 02, 2005, 08:04:40 AM

Please stop! 

Let's talk about Bruce instead!

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: Titan Quartz Shard  
Jump to: