Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 01:04:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: Passing the time in WoW 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Passing the time in WoW  (Read 20477 times)
Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #70 on: April 13, 2009, 08:55:54 AM

Yeah, the run back to town was pretty awful. Another reason why I rarely did more than a few runs in a row I suppose.

F  is inviting you to start Quarto. Do you want to Accept (Alt+C) or Decline (Alt+D) the invitation?

You have accepted the invitation to start Quarto.

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
where we pour milk on the stomach alien from total recall
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #71 on: April 13, 2009, 09:04:29 AM

Death Knights are like cheating there.   Deathgate -> Fly to LHC -> run back to instance. 

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #72 on: April 13, 2009, 09:21:23 AM

Death Knights are like cheating anywhere.

F  is inviting you to start Quarto. Do you want to Accept (Alt+C) or Decline (Alt+D) the invitation?

You have accepted the invitation to start Quarto.

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
where we pour milk on the stomach alien from total recall
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #73 on: April 13, 2009, 12:53:22 PM

Death Knights are like cheating there.   Deathgate -> Fly to LHC -> run back to instance. 
Which is why Argent Dawn was the second faction my DK was exalted with.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #74 on: April 13, 2009, 04:44:48 PM

Just 7-manned Magtheridon, earned a cool 80g each for 15mins work. He would be easily 4 or 5-mannable with the right class-types.

If anyone is interested in trying you need:

1) Tank with good AoE threat
2) DPS Who can interrupt
3) Second DPS/Offtank
4) Healer (Good AoE healing is helpful)
5) Extra DPS Or whatever.

On the trash, make sure your healers don't dispel/cleanse UA off players, dispelling/cleansing SW:P is worth it though. Heal through the shadow bolt volleys, although level 80 HP makes this easy.

On Magtheridon, have your tank aggro a channeler and then they tank all the channelers and infernals that spawn. Have your offtank pull channelers one-by-one away from the MT and kill them 35yards away. Your interrupters must interrupt Dark Mending as this heals the channeler to full. Dark mending can also be cast on others, hence you move the add to be killed 35 yards away, out of range. You should have no problem getting 3 of the channelers down before Magtheridon unbanishes. Your MT should be geared enough to tank the remaining channelers and Maggy (not really that big a deal). Keep killing the channelers until all 5 are dead, then nuke maggy and loot. He drops 500g, 3 T4 Chest tokens, 3 random epics, a bad of gems, his head (quest item) and a 20-slot bag. Not a bad haul for not much work.

From a healer point of view, blast nova is very weak now and easily healed through. Shadow Prot/Resist Aura and Fire Resist Aura/Totem help mitigate a lot of the damage. So long as folks avoid the cleave and the DPS and offtanks keep the infernals off the healer, everything is very easy. The damage on the tank is almost nonexistant.

I love the smell of facepalm in the morning
SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #75 on: April 13, 2009, 11:29:40 PM

so you dont even bother using the cubes?  Just burn him down?  I thought blast nova stacked or increased in damage over time or something like that.

Darwinism is the Gateway Science.
K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #76 on: April 14, 2009, 01:19:03 AM

Just burn him down; Blast Nova is 2.4K damage every 2 seconds, which is trivial at level 80.

I love the smell of facepalm in the morning
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #77 on: April 14, 2009, 07:38:00 AM

Uff. If I could find out what administration fuck-up is blocking the channels between CC company and Blizzard's Billing I'd be well into my assault on Sha'tari Skyguard (and possibly Netherwing) reputations. Beyond hitting 80 with my Shadowpriest and skilling up fishing, those are my main goals currently.

buy a game card?

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #78 on: April 16, 2009, 05:31:35 AM

My issue with AD rep was bag space. I could fill my bags up so fast in Strath. With CC rep, the vendors were just a small detour.

My portable mailbox is very nice to have, although I hardly ever use it.  The eight hour cooldown (down from 24 hours) is nice as well.
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #79 on: April 16, 2009, 07:08:03 AM

My issue with AD rep was bag space. I could fill my bags up so fast in Strath. With CC rep, the vendors were just a small detour.

My portable mailbox is very nice to have, although I hardly ever use it.  The eight hour cooldown (down from 24 hours) is nice as well.

My Paladin just has the scrap bot, no mail hax for me :(

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Oban
Terracotta Army

Reply #80 on: April 16, 2009, 11:01:16 AM

So, now I fish in Dalaran while waiting for raids.

Up to 225 fishing already!

Palin 2012 : Let's go out with a bang!
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #81 on: April 18, 2009, 09:26:23 AM

So, now I fish in Dalaran while waiting for raids.

Up to 225 fishing already!

If you fished in Wintergrasp, you'd have some stacks of useful fish by now.

My warlock (fishing level now 30) fished up a glacial salmon and a nettlefish in a few minutes (as well as a bunch of junk), and gained 9 skill points.
Oban
Terracotta Army

Reply #82 on: April 19, 2009, 05:30:09 PM

I did all of the coin achievements in Dalaran, started doing the fishing dailies, did the ZG achievement and then the SSC achievement.

So much more to do now in order to get the Salty title.

Palin 2012 : Let's go out with a bang!
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: Passing the time in WoW  
Jump to: