Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 05:05:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: Frigate Club Birthday Op - Jan 25th - will have cake 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Frigate Club Birthday Op - Jan 25th - will have cake  (Read 14276 times)
cironian
Terracotta Army

play his game!: solarwar.net

Reply #35 on: January 23, 2009, 08:59:46 AM

I'll try to get there as Cironian. Will be bringing a Griffin for some ECM fun.
NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

Reply #36 on: January 24, 2009, 12:31:58 AM

I'm out. Dinner to attend to and, as it stands, my computer won't run for more than 15 minutes without hard locking up.
mokianna
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: January 24, 2009, 06:46:15 AM

sign me up... hopefully ill be able to attend, depends on wifey. Ill be in a missile kestrel as Number Theory.
trias_e
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: January 24, 2009, 09:25:42 PM

I will only be there for an hour and a half unfortunately, but I'll be there.  All I can do is fly a punisher and pew pew, really.
Gets
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: January 25, 2009, 10:24:38 AM

Ok, just to post to say we're still down. I'll do my best to get the fleet oiled and shooting at something within the first 2 hours.
Vedi
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: January 25, 2009, 11:54:17 AM

I'm there. Incursus.
Gets
Terracotta Army

Reply #41 on: January 25, 2009, 01:06:18 PM

So I  asked if we might have Mac + Vent issues because of sound codecs. Didn't seem likely then.

Just a few minutes later someone can't connect. EVE Voice to the rescue?

Edit: Someone from the Amarr FW convoed me and told me he was coming and bringing a frig  Heart
« Last Edit: January 25, 2009, 01:16:14 PM by Gets »
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: January 25, 2009, 03:57:00 PM

Sorry I am - despite my connection meaning I have to reconnect every 4 or 5 minutes and the likelihood that I will get probed down and destroyed sooner or later - doing the DG- op right now :(

My blog: http://endie.net

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #43 on: January 25, 2009, 04:03:50 PM

Sorry I am - despite my connection meaning I have to reconnect every 4 or 5 minutes and the likelihood that I will get probed down and destroyed sooner or later - doing the DG- op right now :(

We had a fairly sad turnout but we still went out and ran around.  We killed one newb ship and his pod.  Ohhhhh, I see.

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
Gets
Terracotta Army

Reply #44 on: January 25, 2009, 05:10:19 PM

We actually had a minimum of what I thought would be good. So if this would have been a less hectic day it might have been p. great, I think. We had comm issues. Pred was on EVE Voice, so not hearing the others, and I had to use Push-to-talk, which only works for Ventrilo if I highlight my voice client. It's a mouse driver issue. So I had to back and forth between two programs and that meant I might not have cloaked when I wanted to or my orders were only heard by Pred.

I thought I could FC and scout at the same time, but it's more harder than I thought after you calculate in all the various hiccups. Multitasking lead to a lot of confusion and me acting like a dunce - thinking we were already in high-sec while still one jump out for example. I guess the one person from the FW corp noticed this and buggered off not bothering to say anything. We lost some of our own people after that as well. Also since we had different standings Curse and Catch seemed in reality very blue to us, so we had to leave empty handed (minus the 1 year old guy in a newbie ship). Nerf and Moki kept dropping connection. So Daala suggested going through HED since there had to be something hostile there. This plan and botched method of FCing a handful of people lead to me getting blown up in HED, just close to the Keberz gate. D'oh. I feel so :durr: for somehow getting uncloaked, without even noticing until I was being targeted. I got to feel the effect of warp scramblers on my MWD. -A- Vulture got the killmail, but the Tri guy convoed me and asked for mine. He then told me the gate was clear and let my pod through.

As usual, I learned a lot though. I am really interested in roaming with a Dictor in gang and even though we had one, there wasn't a proper chance to utilize it. Next Frigate Club ops will improve from this, so I thank everyone who came and hope our new pilot(s) got the idea at least. It's sooooo much better with a juicy kill to dot it, but have to skill up as a group to increase the odds of that happening.

Again, thanks for coming.
Nerf
Terracotta Army

The Presence of Your Vehicle Has Been Documented

Reply #45 on: January 25, 2009, 11:59:10 PM

Hopefully next time around will be better for me, for some reason Eve kept booting me and I had pressing matters to get to - my car was in pieces in the garage ^_^

So yeah, next time, the girlfriend has even said she wouldn't mind learning how to play so she can tag along, but we'll see how that works out.
Predator Irl
Terracotta Army

Reply #46 on: January 26, 2009, 02:36:49 AM

... We had comm issues. Pred was on EVE Voice, so not hearing the others, and I had to use Push-to-talk, which only works for Ventrilo if I highlight my voice client. It's a mouse driver issue. So I had to back and forth between two programs and that meant I might not have cloaked when I wanted to or my orders were only heard by Pred...

This is odd, I was hung over to death yesterday and didn't get off the sofa! Both my computers were off all day. Was someone logged into Vent as me?

Opinions are like assholes, everybody has one!
Gets
Terracotta Army

Reply #47 on: January 26, 2009, 03:42:50 AM

Well Samson was shooting people in DG-, so I assumed it was you. Whoever was flying as Fyodorov should work out their Vent issue.

The award for most funniest line said on comms goes to Nerf, of course, for announcing his gametime had run out  awesome, for real
Setanta
Terracotta Army

Reply #48 on: January 26, 2009, 04:12:07 AM

TY for organising it Gets, I learnt a lot, including the need to react faster in getting to a safe spot  Ohhhhh, I see.

My biggest problem is today was the last of my holidays - being an Aussie, the time was fine - but I don't go back on hols for another 10 weeks.

Cheers

"No man is an island. But if you strap a bunch of dead guys together it makes a damn fine raft."
Grand Design
Terracotta Army

Reply #49 on: January 26, 2009, 04:13:05 PM

I realized that I left, due to pressing circumstances elsewhere in New Eden, without saying thanks.  Thanks, Gets.

Let's not wait another year to do this again, and perhaps schedule it earlier in the day to accommodate more Euros.

I really don't mind scouting with Iriq.  I'll bring her next time if you want a dedicated scout. 

And I had forgotten how much I hate lowsec.  Gives me the heebie jeebies.
Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #50 on: January 27, 2009, 02:15:50 AM

I'm there. Incursus.

I certainly hope your war targets don't visit Mista Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

I'm going to escape, come back, wipe this place off the face of the Earth, obliterate it and you with it.
Vedi
Terracotta Army

Reply #51 on: January 27, 2009, 09:33:43 AM

Haha, yeah, I forgot I was logged in and AFKed at the gate for hours. Quite lucky no one got me.

Thanks for running the op, Gets!
Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #52 on: January 27, 2009, 10:07:01 AM

Haha, yeah, I forgot I was logged in and AFKed at the gate for hours. Quite lucky no one got me.

Thanks for running the op, Gets!

I gave you good ol bumping though.

I'm going to escape, come back, wipe this place off the face of the Earth, obliterate it and you with it.
NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

Reply #53 on: January 28, 2009, 09:12:24 PM

Anyone want to setup/FC one for next weekend?
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: Frigate Club Birthday Op - Jan 25th - will have cake  
Jump to: