Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 11:09:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: NFL PLayoff Predictions 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: NFL PLayoff Predictions  (Read 38215 times)
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #105 on: January 19, 2009, 11:33:20 AM

I'm hoping that Arizona wins this year.  Why?  Fuck the Steelers, that's why. 

Kurt Warner deserves some props.  The guy was tossed aside early in the season as washed up and has really done the job in the post season.  Granted, he has some two of the better receivers in the league to work with. 

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
WayAbvPar

Reply #106 on: January 19, 2009, 12:44:11 PM

These two teams making the Super Bowl has cost me literally hundreds of RL dollars in my two FF leagues. I hope the earth opens and swallows both teams whole.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #107 on: January 19, 2009, 03:09:11 PM

I really don't care for Warner, but they seem like the team to beat here.

I... don't hate Pittsburgh, but I don't care for them either. Really wanted the Ravens in this -- I pretty much do not give a shit about the Super Bowl now, other than an excuse to bbq and drink.
shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #108 on: January 20, 2009, 10:34:21 AM

I want the Cards to win. I usually prefer the NFC team for no rational reason. However, the Cards strike me as particularly susceptible to the pressure and hype of the moment. Pittsburgh is better suited to grinding it out.  In the end, with the Eagles out my wife is off the hook for a party so it will be a quiet night this year.

I have never played WoW.
murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #109 on: January 20, 2009, 05:15:45 PM

Stupid fucking 2 weeks between games. I know why they do it (they don't want to compete with the NHL All-Star weekend, of course  Ohhhhh, I see. ), and some of those reasons make me hate it even more.

JUST PLAY THE GODDAMN GAME DAMMIT.

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #110 on: January 21, 2009, 08:06:45 AM

Yes.

El Gallo
Terracotta Army

Reply #111 on: January 28, 2009, 09:10:58 AM

GO STEELERS.
I have a friend who I have watched the Super Bowl with every year since we met in college 15 years ago (which means we must've went to college at 14, because otherwise I'd be older than the 29 I've been at for a while now).  After wisely resisting the impulse to buy tickets, we decided to watch the game in his town this year, which happens to be Phoenix (where he recently moved; he's a Clevelander by birth, but we're friends anyway).  I'm anxious to see the town and find out how many Steelers fans there are and if people who actually root for the Cardinals exist (I hope not, since they will soon be weeping TEARS OF GRIEF AS THEY ARE CAST INTO THE PIT OF DESPAIR BY LORD POLAMALU WHO SITS IN JUDGMENT OVER ALL ON HIS ETERNAL THRONE OF BLOOD

uh, what was I saying? Any Phoenix locals know of a great sports bar where I can hang out for some ridiculous number of hours?

This post makes me want to squeeze into my badass red jeans.
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #112 on: January 28, 2009, 09:46:09 AM

What time does the pre-game show start today?

"Me am play gods"
WayAbvPar

Reply #113 on: January 28, 2009, 10:03:57 AM

There is a Fox Sports Grill in Scottsdale with approximately 4000000 HD Tvs. Watched Seahawks game there the season they went to the Super Bowl cry . A bit overpriced, but the food was decent. There are hundreds of bars in Tempe/Scottsdale/Phoenix- all there is to do in the desert is stay indoors in the AC and get drunk!

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
naum
Terracotta Army

Reply #114 on: January 28, 2009, 12:02:33 PM

GO STEELERS.
I have a friend who I have watched the Super Bowl with every year since we met in college 15 years ago (which means we must've went to college at 14, because otherwise I'd be older than the 29 I've been at for a while now).  After wisely resisting the impulse to buy tickets, we decided to watch the game in his town this year, which happens to be Phoenix (where he recently moved; he's a Clevelander by birth, but we're friends anyway).  I'm anxious to see the town and find out how many Steelers fans there are and if people who actually root for the Cardinals exist (I hope not, since they will soon be weeping TEARS OF GRIEF AS THEY ARE CAST INTO THE PIT OF DESPAIR BY LORD POLAMALU WHO SITS IN JUDGMENT OVER ALL ON HIS ETERNAL THRONE OF BLOOD

uh, what was I saying? Any Phoenix locals know of a great sports bar where I can hang out for some ridiculous number of hours?

Lots of Cardinal fans crawling out of the stucco now, and I've been getting razzed for my unwavering Steeler devotion… …yep, the bandwagon is packed with people now, most who paid the Cardinals no mind whatsoever until the recent playoff success…

Will throw a few suggestions out, but it might be helpful to know what part of the Phoenix metro area, as you can travel from one part of the Phoenix area to another for 50+ miles and still be in the metro-area…

* Max's sports bar in Glendale AZ
* McDuffy's or Fox & Hound in Peoria AZ
* Arizona Center, downtown Phoenix
* Goldies Sports Bar (good eatin' here)  in Scottsdale AZ
* Uncle Sams (lots of TVs but no big screens but closest thing you'll get to a Philly cheese steak in Arizona)

"Should the batman kill Joker because it would save more lives?" is a fundamentally different question from "should the batman have a bunch of machineguns that go BATBATBATBATBAT because its totally cool?". ~Goumindong
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #115 on: January 28, 2009, 01:05:13 PM

I regret only that my life has taken me away from both the Phoenix and Tampa areas.
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #116 on: January 28, 2009, 01:37:03 PM

I predict that Mitch Burger will win the Superbowl all by himself.

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #117 on: January 28, 2009, 05:00:53 PM

Fuck the Steelers, in fact fuck the entire state of PA, just under MA and above FLA in terms of states I never want to see win shit in any sport.  That fucking insanely lucky stupid bullshit he always gets away with in a win pass across his body to Holmes that just floated there forever against the Ravens is going to haunt me.  I hope it haunts Ed Reed and convinces Baltimore to start finding some secondary help in the draft too.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #118 on: January 29, 2009, 08:31:49 PM

...fuck the entire state of PA, just under MA and above FLA in terms of states I never want to see win shit in any sport. 

You have had a rough, what 30-40 years?  If I started listing every sporting achievement out of MA, FLA and PA I'd be here for hours.

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
sidereal
Contributor

Reply #119 on: January 29, 2009, 08:39:21 PM

Was New York next on your list?

THIS IS THE MOST I HAVE EVERY WANTED TO GET IN TO A BETA
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: NFL PLayoff Predictions  
Jump to: