Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 10:58:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: Boondock Saints 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Boondock Saints  (Read 6662 times)
ghost
The Dentist

on: June 18, 2009, 06:31:31 PM

Again, surprised there isn't a thread on here about this one, either. 

Undeniably a kick ass film.  If you haven't seen it you should.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8Mt5yDqngM
FatuousTwat
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: June 18, 2009, 06:43:44 PM

I haven't seen it, but I have seen the documentary made about the director/writer who is a complete douche.

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
gryeyes
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: June 18, 2009, 06:53:35 PM

4 realz!

Gonna checkout that documentary probably better than the movie.
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #3 on: June 18, 2009, 07:06:27 PM

Movie was retarded.  This can be proven by the fact that coolwhipp3dwtf liked it and he is clearly an amusing troll alt of a regular poster.  Or at least I hope he is.
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #4 on: June 18, 2009, 07:29:39 PM

I think F13 has been globally huffing paint again today.... swamp poop
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: June 18, 2009, 07:43:37 PM

Movie was retarded.  This can be proven by watching any 5 minutes of the film.

Fixed.
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #6 on: June 18, 2009, 07:50:46 PM

That one seen where the guy is freaking out yelling about how they have to get out of here in the apartment was good but yeah you're still right because it didn't last five minutes.
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #7 on: June 18, 2009, 07:52:44 PM

Hey somebody cut out all of coolwhipp3dwtf insightful posts so it looks like I'm crazy.
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #8 on: June 18, 2009, 08:40:47 PM

I'm not sure how it's possible to not like a movie that has Willem Dafoe, Billy Connolly, and Ron Jeremy.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
gryeyes
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: June 18, 2009, 08:50:20 PM

Dafoe was great in the movie no doubt. But the movie seemed to take itself a bit too serious at times.
fuser
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: June 18, 2009, 09:53:43 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qw0Brx6V5Y

Harvey your work is incomplete!  ACK!
Triforcer
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: June 18, 2009, 09:56:00 PM

Hey somebody cut out all of coolwhipp3dwtf insightful posts so it looks like I'm crazy.

That poster never existed.  Are you sure you are feeling all right? 

All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu.  This is the truth!  This is my belief! At least for now...
K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: June 19, 2009, 02:19:31 AM

A favourite of mine, it's an entertaining film in every way. It's not a film to be taken too seriously; and it has some of the darkest humour of any film I have every owned.

I love the smell of facepalm in the morning
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #13 on: June 19, 2009, 10:26:10 AM

Movie was retarded.  This can be proven by watching any 5 minutes of the film.

Fixed.

This is correct. Dafoe's deliberate hamming in this role just killed it for me. His gayness was either a bad joke or just irrelevant to his part, other than giving him license to ponce about in the middle of a crime scene. This movie was a muddled mess. I cannot understand why anyone likes it.

Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: June 23, 2009, 11:34:26 AM

They had cool accents?

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
Bandit
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: June 23, 2009, 12:33:47 PM

Different strokes I guess, I loved this movie - I am an advocate of vigilantism.  I heard once upon a time that they were making a sequel, but not sure it deserved that.

EDIT - Should note that I went and listened to a "lecture" circuit by Ron Jeremy at a local college.  He pointed out that the movie saw a limited release due to the violent nature and it's timing with columbine (along with a movie called idle hands).  No idea of truth, but thats how it was explained.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2009, 08:10:40 AM by Bandit »
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #16 on: June 23, 2009, 03:00:16 PM

Different strokes I guess, I loved this movie - I am an advocate of vigilantism.  I heard one upon a time that they were making a sequel, but not sure it deserved that.

Sequel is coming out next year, I think.  Go check IMDB.  Most of the original cast is returning, except Dafoe.  Rocco apparently has a part, so it's either a prequel, has a lot of flashbacks, or is going full retard.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Triforcer
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: June 23, 2009, 10:28:52 PM

This movie was teh awesome.  And it seems like the kind of thing that the obscure-artsy-crowd around here would like.  I am a bit surprised by the reaction here.  Is it about real world distaste of vigilantism, or something more?

All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu.  This is the truth!  This is my belief! At least for now...
gryeyes
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: June 23, 2009, 11:23:37 PM

I haven't seen it, but I have seen the documentary made about the director/writer who is a complete douche.

That documentary sure does make him out to be a giant douche. What the fuck was he thinking acting like that?  swamp poop
FatuousTwat
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: June 24, 2009, 12:32:26 AM

I'm guessing he doesn't actually think that often.

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
fuser
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: June 24, 2009, 01:06:40 AM

I can only imagine what was dropped in Overnight.

That band meeting in the apartment about he record deal with Tony and Mark. After two years of working without basic pay(that we know of)?

One thing that was touched on for only a brief bit Meryl Poster. I really would love to have seen an interview with her.
schild
Administrator

Reply #21 on: June 24, 2009, 02:27:10 AM

This movie was teh awesome.  And it seems like the kind of thing that the obscure-artsy-crowd around here would like.  I am a bit surprised by the reaction here.  Is it about real world distaste of vigilantism, or something more?
Boondock Saints is about as obscure to people with penises as Titanic is to girls. What about it makes you think it's somehow obscure (or even artsy)?
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #22 on: June 24, 2009, 01:45:40 PM

It's artsy because people who never go art fag over movies go art fag over it? Fuck, I don't know, I kept hearing so much indie style street cred on the movie, and then I saw it. Like I've said, I can't figure out what's to like about it. It seems like an elaborate joke made by people who loved Pulp Fiction but weren't as talented as Tarantino at his worst.

Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #23 on: June 24, 2009, 02:19:15 PM

I really like it, but I think I like it for all the things that most people hate it for.  Willem Dafoe poncing it up while making the local cops look dumb is probably my favorite part of the movie.

lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: June 24, 2009, 07:25:39 PM

I disliked it because it's poorly written and acted and Dafoe aside actually seems to take itself way to seriously. I need to hear poorly written and delivered monologues about the virtues of vigilante justice like I need a hole in the head.
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #25 on: June 24, 2009, 07:26:32 PM

I really like it, but I think I like it for all the things that most people hate it for.  Willem Dafoe poncing it up while making the local cops look dumb is probably my favorite part of the movie.

bagel.......cream cheese
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #26 on: June 25, 2009, 10:59:47 PM

I thought it was entertaining. The kinda movie you drink some beers, smoke a doob, and don't over-analyze.

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: June 25, 2009, 11:39:19 PM

I thought it was enjoyable and well worth the rental fee.

Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #28 on: June 27, 2009, 07:59:13 PM

Thought it was fucking hilarious, you people are broken as fuck sometimes.  There are a ton of great scenes, sure I watched it when I was 18 or so but at the time I got a huge kick out of it.  I still think the symbolism line is funny to this day.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #29 on: September 03, 2009, 03:31:16 AM

The trailer for Boondock Saints II is up at IGN.  Looks like it's getting a limited theatrical release on Oct. 30th.
K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #30 on: September 03, 2009, 09:46:23 AM

DRILLING AND MANLINESS

ashrik
Terracotta Army

Reply #31 on: September 03, 2009, 12:24:56 PM

I loved this movie when I first saw it on DVD all those years ago, but I seriously wonder if I can still get it up to dudes in black trenchcoats and glasses, holding guns akimbo while the camera slowly spins around them.

Is the magic gone?
K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #32 on: September 03, 2009, 05:27:44 PM

If it has the same wit that the first one did I'll be happy. Frankly just watching the two leads bicker while tearing shit up is worth the price of admission.

But then I am a shameless fan of this schlock.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: Boondock Saints  
Jump to: