Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 10:34:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Warhammer Online (Moderator: tazelbain)  |  Topic: Tanks guarding Healers 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tanks guarding Healers  (Read 3500 times)
tazelbain
Unknown

tazelbain

on: September 23, 2008, 01:00:02 PM

Tanks guarding Healers is a powerful function in WAR.  Once a Tank gets to level 10, they should *always* be guarding someone.  Healers first, DPS second.  The division of damage increases squishy life span and reduces the burden on healers in general.  To take full advantage of this both the healer and tank need to be aware of each other's position and health.  You don't always need to be 40 yards of each other  but should be able to get back into range if you get into to trouble.  With experience, planning, and trust you can avoid trouble like when your healer retreats as the tank charges leaving both unprotected.

« Last Edit: September 23, 2008, 01:06:04 PM by tazelbain »

"Me am play gods"
jlwilli5
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: September 23, 2008, 01:04:42 PM

My name is Deadhealer187 and I endorse this message.

Target Erukul 

EvE:
      Lukure
      Karsys
Oz
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: September 23, 2008, 01:15:43 PM

On my warrior priest (now alt) i found that i was focus fired immediatly...This makes me think that the following would be very handy on my ironbreaker (now main):

oath friend a warrior priest buddy
guard a runepriest/archmage

Get that early burst of grudge, help out the warrior priest with my buffs, keep the main healers safe.
murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: September 23, 2008, 01:27:32 PM

My guard gets switched between the Zealot I'm with and the Sorceress. AE Sorceress with Tank Guard on her is the bomb-diggity. But, usually the Healer calls out who has guard since he has first dibs.

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
Kirth
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: September 23, 2008, 03:29:23 PM

Depends on the situation.
Phunked
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: September 24, 2008, 06:10:08 AM

I was doing some SCs with tazel last night on my ironbreaker (challenge) and one of the most glaring issues I ended up with was the bug where someone would just teleport right through me, ignoring collision detection. This is probably due to server/client lag, but it really does make the whole "physical wall tank" thing a bit harder to pull off. Another issue seems to be that the most useful defensive skill (knockback) is a reactive ability to dodge/parry, which if I'm not getting hit is never up. A better idea might have been to make it cost say 50 grudge base and make it cheaper after a dodge/parry.

Though to be fair, I don't have guard yet, so I'll see how that works when I get it.
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: September 24, 2008, 06:24:49 AM

I'm playing a Chosen as my main, and I had guard on a shaman last night in a PQ. One thing that I couldn't quite figure out is what/when guard slips off. At some  point, I wasn't guarding him any longer, even though I hadn't done anything to change that, and he'd stayed fairly close to me the whole time. Does it have a duration? (I know, check the tooltip, durrr.)
Oz
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: September 24, 2008, 07:04:28 AM

Another issue seems to be that the most useful defensive skill (knockback) is a reactive ability to dodge/parry, which if I'm not getting hit is never up.

Anyone know if this knockback attack can be done after your oathfriend blocks?  Because for awhile last night i would switch my oathfriend to whoever was getting attacked near me and sometimes it was Phunked.  when it was Phunked that ability seemed to trigger alot, which almost makes me think that i can use it after my oathfriend blocks, not just me.
Phred
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: October 04, 2008, 08:56:59 PM

Another issue seems to be that the most useful defensive skill (knockback) is a reactive ability to dodge/parry, which if I'm not getting hit is never up.

Anyone know if this knockback attack can be done after your oathfriend blocks?  Because for awhile last night i would switch my oathfriend to whoever was getting attacked near me and sometimes it was Phunked.  when it was Phunked that ability seemed to trigger alot, which almost makes me think that i can use it after my oathfriend blocks, not just me.

It's supposed to work that way. When I was in beta it worked fine too. You get all reaction triggers from you're oath friend's dodge's etc as well as building up grudge as well.

Phunked
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: October 05, 2008, 09:46:29 AM

I'm unsure if it works on oathfriend triggers, which would make it a bit more useful if you put it on someone who can block.

Which is basically another tank. Relying on just parry is too low a % to justify oath friending that target just for knockdown.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Warhammer Online (Moderator: tazelbain)  |  Topic: Tanks guarding Healers  
Jump to: