Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 06:53:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Warhammer Online (Moderator: tazelbain)  |  Topic: The Curse.com Client and You. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Curse.com Client and You.  (Read 3630 times)
schild
Administrator

on: September 22, 2008, 01:02:01 PM

Let's face it, the Realm War kinda sucks. It's unresponsive and doesn't give nearly enough information.

As such, I suggest we start using the Curse.com Client.

Here's Tryst: http://www.wardb.com/profile.aspx?id=27513
Here's Bat Country: http://www.wardb.com/guild.aspx?id=1604

As you can see, it's just fucking better. Also, faster. Also, stronger.

Oh and it has a depository for screenshots.  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

Anyway, get on it. Oh and you can manage all your mods and directly install through the client. The whole package just kicks 10 flavors of ass.
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: September 22, 2008, 01:06:32 PM

At least for WoW, I've found that the Curse.com client has a way of fucking things up...a la carte installation of add-ons is a bigger pain in the ass, but at least in my experience, leaves me with less to clean up if something isn't working right.
schild
Administrator

Reply #2 on: September 22, 2008, 01:09:08 PM

The curse.com client is still worth installing if you're JUST going to use the profiler imo.
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #3 on: September 25, 2008, 11:20:50 PM

Spammenot just made it over to WAR... I'll test it tomorrow.  It worked really well in WoW, blocked the spam and does an instant report to csr.
Sobelius
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: September 26, 2008, 12:58:10 PM

I'm loving curse client for WAR so far. I like the button mod (tints buttons entirely red when ability can't be used due to range/los etc.), damage tracker, profiler of course, and "little black book" -- which shows who killed you and who you've killed. As a BW, in scenarios there is almost always one tank who makes a bee-line for me over and over, and I want that name...

The client and mods are still pretty basic though. But I like that it was available right 'out of the gate' for WAR.

"I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
"A world without Vin Diesel is sad." -- me
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: September 26, 2008, 01:58:41 PM

Whats the overhead for this client?

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
netcurse
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: September 29, 2008, 07:09:45 PM

Thanks for the kind of words :)

We hope to keep improving both the client and wardb.com ;)

Hubert Thieblot
Founder curse.com
netcurse
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: September 29, 2008, 07:15:03 PM

oh.. and for people that used the client for WoW and were disappointed... retry it now, it's a whole new client, complete different UI and code.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2008, 07:28:24 PM by netcurse »
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #8 on: September 29, 2008, 09:50:25 PM

I probably give it a try if they can have bulk mail and spamming functions built-in.
Those 2 are the issues that irked me the most in this game.

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Warhammer Online (Moderator: tazelbain)  |  Topic: The Curse.com Client and You.  
Jump to: