Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 09:17:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: New Frontpage is Live + Super Happy Fun Bonus 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: New Frontpage is Live + Super Happy Fun Bonus  (Read 3889 times)
schild
Administrator

on: November 15, 2004, 04:18:34 AM

Thanks for weathering with us through the storm. The new frontpage is live. Sleeker, sexier, and probably one of the fastest loading webpages around. You all probably never noticed our dust since your DNS updated or you were just redirected to it.

As you can see, there are only 3 categories on the frontpage now. Reviews, Commentary, and Mass Media. The latter of the three may not see much use, but it's nice to have it up there to step outside of gaming once every blue moon.

Also, there's obviously an advertisement bar. Yes. We will be advertising. No, it will not be invasive. Yes, we will find ways to get around your adblockers. There's no reason for you all not to click on and check out our advertisers. Once Each Day. Those clicks will get us games to review and ridiculous prizes for contests. Possibly even lunch for your whole office! Or not. Point is, Things are going to be taken a little more seriously around here and the advertising is going to allow us to do that.

Of course, there is no advertisement yet as we do have quite the screening process.

Comments? Complaints? We're not listening, lalallalalalaaalalla.

Edit: Shit, I forgot the super happy fun bonus. The Waterthread.org forum archive is up. Sure, the template Ain't Quite There, but it's been ported over to phpbb and locked up. Also, has a new tagline. Enjoy.

Edit2: First person to abuse access to that board by digging up something stupid Joe, Haemish, or I supported (or said) gets a ban. Also, if we ever run a "Did Bruce Really Say That" contest, the old boards are free game.
Hanzii
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: November 15, 2004, 04:35:49 AM

There's a frontpage?

well, it had to be said.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
I would like to discuss this more with you, but I'm not allowed to post in Politics anymore.

Bruce
schild
Administrator

Reply #2 on: November 15, 2004, 04:38:47 AM

Everyone's at the top of their game today. DV said the exact same thing in IRC. We've never heard it before, honest.
Hanzii
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: November 15, 2004, 04:41:03 AM

Well, catchphrases and clichés wouldn't be just that, if they were new to you, would they now?

... anyway, the place went to hell, when Lum left.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
I would like to discuss this more with you, but I'm not allowed to post in Politics anymore.

Bruce
schild
Administrator

Reply #4 on: November 15, 2004, 04:45:19 AM

Nostalgia will get you nowhere. :)
Rodent
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: November 15, 2004, 05:32:09 AM

5th post w00t. There's a company at steak.

Wiiiiii!
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: November 15, 2004, 05:48:56 AM

And Whatnot.

(Nice job on the front page.)

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #7 on: November 15, 2004, 10:37:28 AM

I cant click on the "forum" link under the graphic.

Just fyi.

Never could at work on the Mac, but now I cant at home ether.
Krakrok
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: November 15, 2004, 11:42:12 AM

I'd make the suggestion of using a single line "Sponsored in part by " text ad at the top of every page. For an example see woot.com.
schild
Administrator

Reply #9 on: November 15, 2004, 12:01:27 PM

Uhm. Sure, if we were doing computers websites and had coupons that would make sense. If it makes you feel any better, I have a professional artists doing all the advertisements just for us. So at least we'll have something unique going.

No one clicks on one line links anyway. See, for us to review games on a more consistant basis, you leeches are gonna have to click the links every now and then. Perferably every day. Just sayin.
Krakrok
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: November 15, 2004, 01:24:00 PM

Quote from: schild
No one clicks on one line links anyway.

Yeah, I guess I'm full of shit.

I actually *like* ads done tastefully. The suggestion was "in addition to" not "instead of". Different strokes, different folks, I guess.
schild
Administrator

Reply #11 on: November 15, 2004, 01:25:24 PM

Quote from: Krakrok
Quote from: schild
No one clicks on one line links anyway.

Yeah, I guess I'm full of shit.

I actually *like* ads done tastefully. The suggestion was "in addition to" not "instead of". Different strokes, different folks, I guess.

Ahhh, in addition too. I thought you were complaining about the seperate box. We're still tooling around with location in forum, among other things. But for inobstrusive on pure content pages, it seems like a viable idea. Will look into it. :)
ajax34i
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: November 17, 2004, 06:53:25 PM

In an unrelated note, clicking on the little "view newest post" button to the left of threads with new posts sends my IE 6 browser to http://70.84.24.66/~adminf13net/forums , instead of http://forums.f13.net , and once I get there, all buttons, including "New Message", "Post Reply", "Quote", etc, function through this 70.84.24.66 address instead of the forums.f13.net one.

70.86.24.66 = nemo.phpwebhosting.com's admin logon page.
schild
Administrator

Reply #13 on: November 17, 2004, 07:19:13 PM

Yea, that was while the DNS servers were refreshing. It seems yours is awfully slow.
Administrator

Email
Reply #14 on: November 17, 2004, 08:37:06 PM

Actually it seems there was a mis-configuration inside of the phpbb files. It has been fixed.
Shavnir
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: November 18, 2004, 12:49:42 AM

Quote from: Administrator
Actually it seems there was a mis-configuration inside of the phpbb files. It has been fixed.

Holy shit, it speaks.
Joe
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: November 18, 2004, 12:57:34 AM

Quote from: Administrator

PAY NO ATTENTION TO THE MAN BEHIND THE SCREEN!
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #17 on: November 18, 2004, 12:11:35 PM

I think he said something to me, once.  

I was, like, "Whoa.  Who said that?"

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
doubleplus
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: November 20, 2004, 05:40:18 PM

And he was, like, gone?

Is the Administrator The Shadow?

WoW! GaH!
schild
Administrator

Reply #19 on: November 21, 2004, 09:40:43 AM

We're doing a forum update push today. Enjoy. Oh, you won't be able to access them for a bit. So sorry.
trias_e
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: November 21, 2004, 12:07:28 PM

I couldn't access them for like 5 minutes.  I'm tearing up =/

Nice changes.  I think.
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #21 on: November 23, 2004, 07:53:08 AM

On a sidenote, is it me, or have most of the avatars taken on a more sinister look?

Everything got more evil.

And evil makes the baby jesus cry.  Or poop.  I think it might be poop.
doubleplus
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: November 24, 2004, 03:27:22 PM

I don't know, MrHat, but that soul patch on JB is starting to really freak me the fuck out.

WoW! GaH!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: New Frontpage is Live + Super Happy Fun Bonus  
Jump to: