Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 05:36:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: Pacers and Pistons 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pacers and Pistons  (Read 7826 times)
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #35 on: November 22, 2004, 12:23:06 PM

"Auburn Hills has made contact with the NBA about player interviews, but I suspect very strongly that they will on advice of counsel probably not cooperate with the investigation," he said.

That's the cop talking about trying to get interviews with players. Yeah, I'm sure the players will be real men about the whole thing and take their punishment as the just consequences for their actions.

I wouldn't say that a fan on the court is an automatic reason to clock a fan, but I can see where if the fan DOES come on the court, they shouldn't be surprised if they get clocked. Think about those two asshats in Kansas City who cold-cocked the first base coach during a baseball game. If I saw two fans run out into the field after me, I would certainly think about getting ready to defend myself.

Of course, if it was after I'd show my Mongoloid nature by bitch-slapping a guy half my size in the stands, I should probably expect that those two are looking for a fight.

sidereal
Contributor

Reply #36 on: November 22, 2004, 12:29:53 PM

Quote from: HaemishM

I wouldn't say that a fan on the court is an automatic reason to clock a fan, but I can see where if the fan DOES come on the court, they shouldn't be surprised if they get clocked. Think about those two asshats in Kansas City who cold-cocked the first base coach during a baseball game.

Yes, that's going to be the defense they use and the Chicago game is going to be brought up many times, but it doesn't make any sense.  It's like saying that you got punched by a guy on this sidewalk once, so now any old grandma you see on this sidewalk is fair game for a beating.  The two idiots in Chicago rushed Gamboa from behind and beat the crap out of him.  This guy (or guys) in Detroit was wandering around on the court.  Artest saw him.  He wasn't coming any closer.  He said something that looked rude.  That was it.  It takes a total abandonment of Artest's critical faculties to say that all that matters is where the guy is standing, not what he's doing or what you can reasonably expect him to do.  He hit him because he was pissed off and looking for a fight, not because there was any reason to suspect he was dangerous.

THIS IS THE MOST I HAVE EVERY WANTED TO GET IN TO A BETA
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #37 on: November 22, 2004, 12:31:01 PM

Some fan comes out of nowhere at me on the court and I start swinging. I won't fault Artest for that one. However, it was a direct result of the flagrant lunacy that he started beforehand, so its a circular fault argument. Either way, at that point it was game on for everyone, and brains were checked at the door.

It will go down in sports history books as one of the worst sporting events of the decade unless someone shivs a guy on the court.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #38 on: November 22, 2004, 12:34:40 PM

Wow, I've now watched even more of this. WTF is Artest doing just laying down on the scorer's bench after Wallace took a swing at him? Can he possibly look like anymore of a cock?

That last shot O'Neal (or was it Jackson?) took on the fat fucker in the Pistons' jersey... that was a cold-hard Mike Tyson on Robin Givens bitchslap. Big boy's mama is feeling that one.

sidereal
Contributor

Reply #39 on: November 22, 2004, 12:49:50 PM

That last shot O'Neal (or was it Jackson?) took on the fat fucker in the Pistons' jersey... that was a cold-hard Mike Tyson on Robin Givens bitchslap. Big boy's mama is feeling that one.

Yeah, as much as I think he should go to jail for it, I admire the aesthetics.  He reared back for that bad boy.

THIS IS THE MOST I HAVE EVERY WANTED TO GET IN TO A BETA
Ganon
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: November 22, 2004, 02:48:16 PM

Does anyone want to go in on a pool for picking the day that the first NBA coach/player whatever says this was all about race?  I call Tuesday.

Hut Sir Magus
Ardent
Terracotta Army

Reply #41 on: November 22, 2004, 05:01:41 PM

Thank goodness that professional sports continues to descend into nothing more than a vulgar showcase for preening, millionaire criminals. It makes it that much easier to completely ignore them all and spend my time and money with other interests.

As for Artest ... I am ashamed to share four letters of the alphabet in our names.

Um, never mind.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #42 on: November 23, 2004, 10:14:45 AM

Hell, someone already mentioned that some of these players are subjected to racial epithets from the stands during games. And that was in the video replay I saw of the thing.

Roac
Terracotta Army

Reply #43 on: November 23, 2004, 10:46:35 AM

Hell, someone already mentioned that some of these players are subjected to racial epithets from the stands during games. And that was in the video replay I saw of the thing.

Yeah, and the NBA should take steps to bounce those problem players.  Still, I can't think of many industries that would let me come back to work the next day after beating the snot out of a customer, drink toss or no.

-Roac
King of Ravens

"Young people who pretend to be wise to the ways of the world are mostly just cynics. Cynicism masquerades as wisdom, but it is the farthest thing from it. Because cynics don't learn anything. Because cynicism is a self-imposed blindness, a rejection of the world because we are afraid it will hurt us or disappoint us." -SC
Kenrick
Terracotta Army

Reply #44 on: November 24, 2004, 05:55:11 AM

Quote from: Roac
Still, I can't think of many industries that would let me come back to work the next day after beating the snot out of a customer, drink toss or no.

Clearly, you've never been a dominatrix.

;)
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: Pacers and Pistons  
Jump to: