Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 10:45:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: Survival Football 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Survival Football  (Read 4564 times)
WayAbvPar

on: August 13, 2004, 02:24:13 PM

Read the rules here. Be the last man (or woman) standing! I set up a league with the following info-

Group ID#: 15835
Maximum Teams 25
Start Week 1
Group Password f13.net

Any and all are welcome!

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Shockeye
Staff Emeritus

Skinny-dippin' in a sea of Lee, I'd propose on bended knee...

Reply #1 on: August 13, 2004, 02:49:15 PM

I'm in for that. I figure week 1 will be the toughest since I don't really look at pre-season stats too much so I'll go for the stone cold lead pipe lock.
Madman
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: August 14, 2004, 04:50:54 AM

Hah, I am in...I wonder what week I will pick the Bears.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #3 on: August 16, 2004, 09:19:30 AM

Hell yes, the Kilt Wavers will outpick all you punk bitches.

Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #4 on: August 16, 2004, 10:54:39 AM

I'm in, and you shall all bow before the might of the Empire!

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
WayAbvPar

Reply #5 on: August 16, 2004, 01:08:21 PM

I always go into these things with an overinflated sense of superiority- I tend to follow the NFL religiously, and so feel like I have a better feel for these things than the casual fan. Unfortunately, I end up overthinking things and outclevering myself...a lot of times, the guy/girl who didn't watch any of the games is the one who wins these things.

Still fun to do, and to talk shit all week =)

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #6 on: August 16, 2004, 01:13:46 PM

The shit talk is what makes these things fun, especially for the guys like me who get a well-deserved pwning.

WayAbvPar

Reply #7 on: September 07, 2004, 02:03:49 PM

Bumping this up- first week's picks are due tomorrow by midnight (PDT, I think). If you are looking for a hot tip, Arizona, San Francisco, and San Diego are looking especially good this season.

Shmtur
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: September 07, 2004, 08:30:54 PM

I joined just for amusement - I expect to be out within 3 weeks with my guessing skills...
schild
Administrator

Reply #9 on: September 07, 2004, 08:47:55 PM

My entire life, I've had no working knowledge of the NFL or football in general. Was always a fan of well....jai alai. You all have fun. The Kilt Wavers will pwn u.
El Gallo
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: September 08, 2004, 07:03:41 AM

I have such bad memories of this game.  I was one of two players left in a big survival pool (though in our version, you had to pick a loser every week and could only pick each team once).  Had ~$4k on the line.  And not only did I still have one of the worst teams in football available, they were playing one of the best teams in the league that week.  Huge underdogs.

Remember that game a few years back when Cory Dillon broke the single-game rushing record as the Bengals shocked the Broncos?

This post makes me want to squeeze into my badass red jeans.
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #11 on: September 12, 2004, 10:07:20 PM

Always good when 5 go out in week 1.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Madman
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: September 13, 2004, 08:31:25 AM

I survived week one...barely. I thought St. Louis was going to lose to Arizona, but they managed to pull it out.

I am amused at all the people who picked Houston though and they lost to the Chargers. That was funny.
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #13 on: September 13, 2004, 12:52:06 PM

I was really hoping that Arizona could pull it out. Then 1/2 of the field would have been gone in week one.  Heh.

Next week looks tough. Very few gimmies on the board.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Shockeye
Staff Emeritus

Reply #14 on: September 13, 2004, 12:52:30 PM

I can't believe I was the only person to pick TEN.  C'mon people, Miami losing is a sure bet.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #15 on: September 13, 2004, 12:53:25 PM

Quote from: Madman
I survived week one...barely. I thought St. Louis was going to lose to Arizona, but they managed to pull it out.

I am amused at all the people who picked Houston though and they lost to the Chargers. That was funny.

Die.

Fucking shit-eating Texans. HOW THE FUCK DO YOU LOSE TO THE GODDAMN CHARGERS AT HOME ON OPENING FUCKING DAY YOU USELESS GOATRAPING TWATS!?

Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #16 on: September 13, 2004, 01:42:23 PM

We've learned a valuable lesson here, everything in Houston sucks.

That Kilt is gonna look pretty on the sidelines this season.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #17 on: September 13, 2004, 01:53:54 PM

That Kilt was thrown over my head by Drew Brees as he bent me over to have his way with me. He took it as a trophy.

WayAbvPar

Reply #18 on: September 15, 2004, 10:30:38 AM

The fucking CHARGERS, for Christ's sake. Can anyone name an offensive player other than Brees and LT the 2nd?

Well, I can, since I have Gates on a couple of fantasy teams, but that is beside the point. Dom Capers is supposed to be a defensive guru; if you team can't shut down the fucking CHARGERS, you need to get fired ASAP.

Romp
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: September 21, 2004, 09:07:50 PM

Chicago beats Green Bay in Green Bay? What the fuck?
murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: September 21, 2004, 10:30:28 PM

NEVER PICK RIVALRY GAMES IN A SURVIVAL POOL

Think that's a rule somewhere.

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
Shockeye
Staff Emeritus

Reply #21 on: November 08, 2004, 06:04:32 AM

A winner is me.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #22 on: November 08, 2004, 08:57:03 AM

Bitch.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: Survival Football  
Jump to: