Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 11:25:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Scott Pilgrim Takes Off (Netflix) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Scott Pilgrim Takes Off (Netflix)  (Read 342 times)
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

on: November 17, 2023, 08:00:19 AM

I put this on in the background today expecting it to be an adaptation of the comic that's similar to the movie but more cartoony and less edited down and kind of pretends the success of the movie isn't the reason it happened

and uh

I was absolutely not prepared for what they did with this.

I mean if you hated the comic/movie you'll hate this too, definitely.  It's all fanservice.  But it's not at all the rehash I expected.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Johny Cee
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: November 20, 2023, 07:57:06 AM

What does "its all fanservice" mean? 
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #2 on: November 20, 2023, 08:42:45 AM

Not in a sexual sense, but the target audience is 100% people who are already fans of Scott Pilgrim.  it's hard to imagine that you would get anything out of this if you hadn't at least seen the movie.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #3 on: November 22, 2023, 10:51:33 PM

Just finished watching this yesterday and it's a fun little remix of the original story, but in getting this much of the cast back for this project I kinda wish they had somehow done something a little more with it. I appreciate that they flesh out some of the characters more, and in particular the evil exes, although at the same time it also feels like it's letting a lot of them off the hook for their overall shitty behavior. Still, it maybe has a slightly better message than the original that maybe trying to punch each other to death isn't the best way to resolve conflict. I'd say it feels like Bryan Lee O'Malley trying to get ahead of sentiment eventually turning on Scott Pilgrim a bit and calling it problematic in some respects, although I'm sure if I actually looked, people were probably saying that back when the movie and manga were new.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Scott Pilgrim Takes Off (Netflix)  
Jump to: