Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 07:28:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Disgaea 3 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Disgaea 3  (Read 6453 times)
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #35 on: September 09, 2008, 06:04:21 PM

Yeah, and I'm raising 10-15 different characters at once.  It's hard to even break 100 mana for them right now.  And that mana is needed to reincarnate, do things in Homeroom and power up existing skills as well.  There are too many things tied to it.
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #36 on: September 09, 2008, 06:33:54 PM

What is this game and why are so many people playing it?
schild
Administrator

Reply #37 on: September 09, 2008, 06:52:22 PM

Yeah, and I'm raising 10-15 different characters at once.  It's hard to even break 100 mana for them right now.  And that mana is needed to reincarnate, do things in Homeroom and power up existing skills as well.  There are too many things tied to it.

1. Classroom world. Love it.
2. 10-15? Fucking why?
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #38 on: September 09, 2008, 07:20:23 PM

Because it's how you unlock character classes.  And the classroom world is an insufferable grind because you can't run through the exits quickly.
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #39 on: September 09, 2008, 07:40:37 PM

How many characters can you use in a single battle? That number is the number of characters you should be using, +1-4 possibly, depending on if there are times your main toons are unavailable.

Or can you not go from job to job with the same character? I'm just going from typical SRPG common wisdom.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #40 on: September 09, 2008, 08:08:07 PM

Up to 10 characters in a single battle.  I have a core of 8-10 that I use and a few others that I bring out whenever there's bonus EXP at the end of the level.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #41 on: September 09, 2008, 11:41:29 PM

My main problem right now is powering up my healer skills as she can't get no mana. I guess I have to use the robbing thing to steal 50% mana from a classmate but in the first 7 level I racked up 6 mana total for her and you need at least 20 to get the rob. I am sure the previous Disgaeas put me on the wrong track and now I am killing foozles the wrong way.

Loving it, of course, but micromanaging skills and eviliities is giving me the chills. That's overwhelming!
And the intro song isn't on par with the first two, but they were enormous shoes to fill.

Phildo
Contributor

Reply #42 on: September 10, 2008, 06:04:11 AM

Another thing you can do is use tower attacks to split mana/exp for kills.  I like to put a few level 1 reincarnated characters into a stack with Mao or someone strong and use that for deathblows.  They gain the first few levels very quickly once you're fighting enemies over level 30 or so.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #43 on: September 10, 2008, 07:22:19 AM

Thanks.

I know how to have her get the kills, it's just I can't bring myself to push the healer forward due to bad habits. She HAS TO stay in the very back. Meh, time to drop that lousy playstyle of mine.

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #44 on: September 10, 2008, 08:32:44 AM

You can buy mana potions and use those during battle, the 200-hel ones give 10 mana.  Of course, my healer uses a bow and I put her in the Robber club so she steals mana from the guys next to her, who happen to be the brutal killers and include my red mage mana factory.

I am doing something wrong because I have no idea how to execute a tower attack.

Since I can field ten fighters at once, I expect to have ten primary characters to level, but I might have a mage rotation.  It's slow going for me due to scheduling and playstyle, so I'm not sure.

What is this game and why are so many people playing it?

The best JP console tactics game ever.  All others are number two or lower.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
schild
Administrator

Reply #45 on: September 10, 2008, 08:37:13 AM

Yup, the club system is how you effectively level up little useless punks if you don't want to use the classroom world. Thankfully, the classroom world plays out like a puzzle game, so I enjoy the shit out of it.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Disgaea 3  
Jump to: