Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 11:14:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: EQ (Original) Adds Mercs a la Guildwars? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: EQ (Original) Adds Mercs a la Guildwars?  (Read 1855 times)
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

on: August 17, 2008, 04:15:12 PM

Anyone hear about this?  Apparently in their 15th x-pac (  ACK! ) they're adding player-hiriable NPCs so you can take-on encounters with a little help.  Anyone still follow this game enough to know if this to counter the lack of ability to find groups, or just a "nifty feature" that'll be largely meaningless?

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Moaner
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: August 17, 2008, 06:00:48 PM

I have a friend who plays rather actively with his wife still.  I know they don't have much trouble finding groups but they have been on the same server and max level for 6+ years now.

Hirelings may be useful for filling in gaps for the shit ton of single-group instances in the game now, but I doubt anyone will be raiding with them?  What ever the case I'm guessing these things ain't got shit on the eqmacro bot armies a lot of people are using now a days.

PSN: Happy_Hedonist, SteamID: Happy Hedonist
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: EQ (Original) Adds Mercs a la Guildwars?  
Jump to: