Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 11:39:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: WAR preorder items 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: WAR preorder items  (Read 34722 times)
AcidCat
Terracotta Army

Reply #70 on: June 30, 2008, 02:28:44 PM

There is a list?!?!?  What sort of groveling does one have to do to get on said list?  I can wash a mean car.

Such blissfully ignorant enthusiasm.
cevik
I'm Special

I've always wondered about the All Black People Eat Watermelons

Reply #71 on: June 30, 2008, 03:38:14 PM

I don't ban enough for that to be a useful strategy.

That will make the eventual ban even that much sweeter.

Hell I bought this account on ebay anyways, not like it means all that much to me.

The above space is available for purchase.  Send a Private Message for a complete price list and payment information.  Thank you for your business.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #72 on: June 30, 2008, 03:47:23 PM

I don't ban enough for that to be a useful strategy.

That will make the eventual ban even that much sweeter.

Hell I bought this account on ebay anyways, not like it means all that much to me.

STOP!  You're at post number 1111!!!!1!

Okay.  Carry on.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
amiable
Terracotta Army

Reply #73 on: July 01, 2008, 06:39:30 AM

There is a list?!?!?  What sort of groveling does one have to do to get on said list?  I can wash a mean car.

Such blissfully ignorant enthusiasm.

Ah, sorry... I will shut up now.
Triforcer
Terracotta Army

Reply #74 on: July 08, 2008, 10:12:41 AM

Mark Jacobs quote on NDA lifting...

http://vnboards.ign.com/Message.aspx?topic=107766481&brd=22997&start=107829223

"Well before open beta"- if I were a betting man, I'd say we see it drop about a month from now. 

All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu.  This is the truth!  This is my belief! At least for now...
sam, an eggplant
Terracotta Army

Reply #75 on: July 10, 2008, 06:30:20 AM

I'm looking forward to the NDA being dropped, more because I find the strikingly unusual way they're conducting closed beta worthy of discussion than the game itself. Hopefully Mark and co. will weigh in with a post-mortem on the beta when the game is finally released.
Jamiko
Terracotta Army

Reply #76 on: July 11, 2008, 07:43:38 AM

FAIRFAX, Va.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Mythic Entertainment, an Electronic Arts studio (NASDAQ:ERTS), today announced that the Guild Beta for Warhammer® Online: Age of Reckoning™ (WAR) has begun. Over 10,000 guilds applied and those selected will have the chance to experience the game’s most expansive beta phase yet.
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #77 on: July 11, 2008, 07:45:20 AM

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/239/feature/2041/page/1

Capitol Cities being dropped to 1 city per side.
Four classes being dropped.

Anti-hack programming being revealed.

JWIV
Terracotta Army

Reply #78 on: July 11, 2008, 12:50:07 PM

On the upside, it looks like my Games Day code was finally good for something so I can now log in and see what asshatery has occured.
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #79 on: August 01, 2008, 01:02:38 PM

Got a preorder box at my local Gamestop today even though I'd had a preorder in for nearly a year now.  Inside was a card with Open Beta access code and a code for head start/ingame items.  It also had a pack of WAR Universal Fighting System card game. 

My local shop in Columbus, Oh did 250+ WoW xpacs at the midnight launch.  Yet it only has preorders for 10 sold-out collectors for WAR and maybe 12 for the regular edition.  I would have expected more people preordering, honestly.  Even AoC had 40+. 
Montague
Terracotta Army

Reply #80 on: August 01, 2008, 03:38:12 PM

Got a preorder box at my local Gamestop today even though I'd had a preorder in for nearly a year now.  Inside was a card with Open Beta access code and a code for head start/ingame items.  It also had a pack of WAR Universal Fighting System card game. 

My local shop in Columbus, Oh did 250+ WoW xpacs at the midnight launch.  Yet it only has preorders for 10 sold-out collectors for WAR and maybe 12 for the regular edition.  I would have expected more people preordering, honestly.  Even AoC had 40+. 

The sense I get for the release of WAR is a resounding meh.

When Fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross - Sinclair Lewis.

I can tell more than 1 fucktard at a time to stfu, have no fears. - WayAbvPar

We all have the God-given right to go to hell our own way.  Don't fuck with God's plan. - MahrinSkel
UnSub
Contributor

Reply #81 on: August 02, 2008, 06:35:21 AM

The sense I get for the release of WAR is a resounding meh.

I get the feeling of the release of WAR is an "are they releasing now? I'm not sure, they haven't even had an open beta" variety.

Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Reply #82 on: August 02, 2008, 09:29:47 AM

With the simple lack of buzz surrounding WAR with (supposedly) only 6 weeks till launch, I'm expecting a push back on the release date.  I wonder if they're trying to decide.  I mean, six weeks till launch and they haven't even given a firm date?  Strange business, imo.
MahrinSkel
Terracotta Army

When she crossed over, she was just a ship. But when she came back... she was bullshit!

Reply #83 on: August 02, 2008, 12:53:34 PM

I think you underestimate the Word of Mouth buzz value of a Guild Beta.  As long as the guildies that show up like what they see, anyway.  You let in 5 or so from each guild, and let them invite 5 more each in a later phase, and if all goes according to plan for every 1 person you let into the Guild beta you get 30 in the final.  Worked for Camelot, we'll see how it does for Warhammer.

--Dave

--Signature Unclear
lac
Terracotta Army

Reply #84 on: August 02, 2008, 02:10:47 PM

With the simple lack of buzz surrounding WAR with (supposedly) only 6 weeks till launch, I'm expecting a push back on the release date.  I wonder if they're trying to decide.  I mean, six weeks till launch and they haven't even given a firm date?  Strange business, imo.
Aren't they just eyeballing blizzard? It seems they've been doing a 'sur place' (where both cyclists try to go as slow as possible to force the lead on the other so they can use their opponents momentum to their own advantange) forever concerning their launch dates.
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Reply #85 on: August 02, 2008, 05:29:52 PM

I think you underestimate the Word of Mouth buzz value of a Guild Beta.  As long as the guildies that show up like what they see, anyway.  You let in 5 or so from each guild, and let them invite 5 more each in a later phase, and if all goes according to plan for every 1 person you let into the Guild beta you get 30 in the final.  Worked for Camelot, we'll see how it does for Warhammer.

--Dave

Maybe you're right.  If that's the case, then I've simply got terrible luck, because I don't know anyone in WAR's beta (literally nobody in my WoW guild was invited).  I'm generally invited to just about every beta I can remember, except WAR's.  No biggie, but it surely plays against building buzz for me.

Of course, I realize they're not developing the game for me... but I tend to think I'm in the middle of things with game releases (avid player, not a developer or even in the business).  When I'm not seeing enough buzz for a game that's supposed to be out in six weeks, it just seems odd. 
UnSub
Contributor

Reply #86 on: August 02, 2008, 07:54:42 PM

--Dave

Maybe you're right.  If that's the case, then I've simply got terrible luck, because I don't know anyone in WAR's beta (literally nobody in my WoW guild was invited).  I'm generally invited to just about every beta I can remember, except WAR's.  No biggie, but it surely plays against building buzz for me.

Of course, I realize they're not developing the game for me... but I tend to think I'm in the middle of things with game releases (avid player, not a developer or even in the business).  When I'm not seeing enough buzz for a game that's supposed to be out in six weeks, it just seems odd. 

As I said before, I've got an idea that Mythic would rather a smaller, successful launch than a bigger than Ben Hur launch that crashes the servers and leaves newly subbed players angry at them.

Provided WAR gets enough players to create a critical buzz around launch, this could be a very good strategy. They constrained demand at DAOC's launch by limiting the number of available boxes too.

Of course, if WAR gets bad initial reviews, Mythic will be deeper in it than Funcom because at least Funcom shipped 1m boxes and got 700k players for a period of time.

Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: WAR preorder items  
Jump to: