Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 03:41:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  News  |  Topic: Heavy Rain: The Origami Killer Poster 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Heavy Rain: The Origami Killer Poster  (Read 34121 times)
ForumBot 0.8 beta
Terracotta Army

on: April 29, 2007, 12:49:57 AM

Heavy Rain: The Origami Killer Poster

So it seems Quantic Dream updated their site with a full size poster of Heavy Rain. You know, that studio that made Indigo Prophecy (aka Fahrenheit). It's gorgeous. Though "The Origami Killer" is some campy shit.

Click on image for huge version.
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #1 on: April 29, 2007, 01:19:44 AM

Looking forward to it. I can't pinpoint a release date (or season for that matter) though.
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: April 30, 2007, 06:26:56 AM

I'll give it a chance because I liked Indigo Prophecy. The poster and name are kind of cheesy though.

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #3 on: April 30, 2007, 08:46:20 AM

Indigo was pretty awesome until the last 45 minutes or so, when it devolved into Matrix-y crap, with a splash of Terminator 1 toss in for good measure.

But I forgive the for that part of the game, because great adventure games are Oh-So-Rare.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #4 on: April 30, 2007, 09:28:06 AM

Now I want to reinstall Omikron.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #5 on: April 30, 2007, 04:04:12 PM

Interesting that the model they chose to display is a Spanish pajarita rather than a Japanese crane.

Well, interesting to me, anyway.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: May 03, 2007, 02:37:10 PM

It's cause origami is dead.. see.

schild
Administrator

Reply #7 on: August 06, 2008, 07:06:09 PM

Soln
Terracotta Army

the opportunity for evil is just delicious

Reply #8 on: August 07, 2008, 10:44:58 AM

this is why MMO's should stop trying to be photorealistic.  Leave it to the experts.  Amazing.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: August 07, 2008, 10:50:25 AM

Now I want to reinstall Omikron.

Duuuude... That game was sweet. Loved in on the dream cast.

EDIT: Looking for an emulator, i didn't know it was the same guys who went on to make Fahrenheit.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2008, 10:53:05 AM by Mrbloodworth »

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
schild
Administrator

Reply #10 on: August 07, 2008, 11:45:00 AM

The first post says it was by them...
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: August 07, 2008, 11:54:52 AM

The first post says it was by them...

I was meaning the Omikron/Fahrenheit connection. Whatever, yeah, i just didn't put it all together.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
ahoythematey
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: August 07, 2008, 12:58:58 PM

I have the game still, with it's janky-ass-goofy trapezoid box and all.  Man, I remember the first time you come home from work in the game and being blown away by them having a cutscene of you and your girlfriend in the sack.  I guess Jack Thompson was too busy complaining about Mortal Kombat at the time to notice.

Of course, then the FPS sections came up and I remember not liking those as much.
stu
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: August 07, 2008, 01:41:35 PM

She must shop at Affliction.

Beautiful screens, btw.

Dear Diary,
Jackpot!
schild
Administrator

Reply #14 on: August 07, 2008, 01:47:13 PM

Shit, I wish affliction stuff looked like that.
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #15 on: August 08, 2008, 04:26:34 AM

The buzz on this game (with what little the people who have seen it can say with the heavy NDA's they're under) has been extremely positive.  Of course it's easy to get caught up in the hype when a developer is showing off something like this behind closed doors in a very controlled situation, so I remain skeptical for now.

Screenshots, no matter how pretty, don't really do much for me though.  Especially when it's been over two years since they released any information on the game.  Anyone can release beautiful imagery, be it screenshots or "target render" trailers, but if development isn't far enough along for a developer to actually talk about their game I'd rather they just hold off on announcing it for a year or two.  Don't want to get into a long rant or anything, it's just the build-up to payoff ratio has been seriously fucked this gen and is the biggest problem I have with the game industry right now.
Ratman_tf
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: August 08, 2008, 04:56:11 AM

They're all brown.

Didn't care for Indigo Prophecy. It felt like a story where you press the "A" button repeatedly to drink a glass of water. (Hyperbole)

So it didn't pass the "fun" test for me, and I got bored quicklike.

Anywho. Nice screenshots, even if they are boring brown.

"What I'm saying is you should make friends with a few catasses, they smell funny but they're very helpful."
-Calantus makes the best of a smelly situation.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  News  |  Topic: Heavy Rain: The Origami Killer Poster  
Jump to: