Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 04:49:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: D3: While You Wait, Play a Different Fate! (groan) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: D3: While You Wait, Play a Different Fate! (groan)  (Read 3240 times)
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

on: July 16, 2008, 03:00:02 PM

http://games.wildtangent.com/fate/fateur/index.htm

I played Fate to death and then I modded it out and played it to death again.  I might play the new one to death, too.  Fate is too cute.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #1 on: July 16, 2008, 03:22:27 PM

Tempting.

Does it have multiplayer?
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #2 on: July 16, 2008, 03:48:06 PM

No.  I wish it did.  You can download a demo for both games.  They're so adorable.   DRILLING AND WOMANLINESS

Phred
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: July 16, 2008, 05:43:00 PM

If they are still giving out beta slots, Mythos is pretty well fate multiplayer.

rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #4 on: July 16, 2008, 06:08:54 PM

I think i'd recommend Sacred Gold if anyone really wants a Diablo-filler minus replaying D2 baal runs. The world's really really big and there's multiplayer. 8 classes !

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #5 on: July 16, 2008, 06:54:21 PM

I think Mythos is just there until server time runs out or the electricity gets shut off, whichever happens first.  They stopped giving out those invites a couple months ago or so.  Maybe more.  Or less.  I forget. 

Azazel
Contributor

Reply #6 on: July 16, 2008, 06:59:50 PM

I think Mythos is now being looked at as the great white hope after the Failgate: London incident.

Well, D3 has no doubt thrown a spanner into those works as well. So I'd expect something to happen with Mythos by Christmas, else they'll be completely redundant.

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
FatuousTwat
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: July 16, 2008, 10:46:33 PM

I can't decide if I like their new open world (which btw, makes the game look even more like WoW). The old style was fun, but I don't know if anyone plays that version anymore.

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
photek
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: July 16, 2008, 11:00:23 PM

Thanks a lot Singe, that game was pretty cool. So simple, yet so good.

"I recently went to a new doctor and noticed he was located in something called the Professional Building. I felt better right away"
WindupAtheist
Army of One

Badicalthon

Reply #9 on: July 17, 2008, 03:58:37 AM

Thanks a lot Singe, that game was pretty cool. So simple, yet so good.

"You're just a dick who quotes himself in his sig."  --  Schild
"Yeah, it's pretty awesome."  --  Me
photek
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: July 17, 2008, 08:04:18 AM

Thats one of my childhood favourites Heart

"I recently went to a new doctor and noticed he was located in something called the Professional Building. I felt better right away"
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #11 on: July 17, 2008, 10:42:24 AM

I think i'd recommend Sacred Gold if anyone really wants a Diablo-filler minus replaying D2 baal runs. The world's really really big and there's multiplayer. 8 classes !
That's what I've got on my plate after I get tired of AoW:Shadow Magic. Divine Divinity is another 'better diablo'.
Brogarn
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: July 17, 2008, 11:09:55 AM

Ya, unless you have a wide screen monitor. Unless there's some sooper seekrit way of changing the resolution that I can't find, anyways.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: July 17, 2008, 11:32:42 AM

What's up with all these widescreen whiners?

(there's no widescreen for d1/2 either, might be one for DD)
« Last Edit: July 17, 2008, 11:34:42 AM by Sky »
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #14 on: July 17, 2008, 04:01:21 PM

Hello Kettle, hows it going today. My, what a nice shade of black you are.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #15 on: July 17, 2008, 04:44:10 PM

If they are still giving out beta slots, Mythos is pretty well fate multiplayer.

Except it doesn't have Fate's skill system, instead using skill trees.  Also no fishing.  Also they are (were?) giving it an overworld, but it was a Fate descendant.

I'm downloading the Fate sequel, will report back later.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #16 on: July 17, 2008, 05:51:01 PM

Ya, unless you have a wide screen monitor. Unless there's some sooper seekrit way of changing the resolution that I can't find, anyways.

ya the res sticks, but mousewheel down = zoom out. Helps a bit. since the default zoom made the char as big as my thumb  swamp poop

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #17 on: July 17, 2008, 09:29:14 PM

I put a few minutes into this, and it's more or less an expansion pack for the original game.  Resolution is balls and the game is the same, as are many of the graphics and most of the sounds.  Controls are not as tight as Mythos.  Not sure the balance is tuned correctly.  After TQ and Mythos, it's just not holding up.

Also, thanks for mentioning Divine Divinity, now I'm going to have to install that.  Fuckers.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: July 18, 2008, 06:12:52 AM

Hello Kettle, hows it going today. My, what a nice shade of black you are.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: D3: While You Wait, Play a Different Fate! (groan)  
Jump to: