Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 02:43:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Age of Conan  |  Topic: Online purchase and download now available 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Online purchase and download now available  (Read 3469 times)
Gorky
Terracotta Army

on: June 25, 2008, 01:49:23 AM

Not sure if someone's already mentioned this, but I got an email with a link to purchase on-line and download AoC. They have separate downloads for US and EU version. I was selected for the technical beta, so not sure if this is only for former beta testers.
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: June 25, 2008, 02:02:35 AM

I got it too. I dunno if I was ever in any beta, I don't check that other email often. Might just have been a beta list.
taolurker
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: June 25, 2008, 04:27:19 AM

I was on their forum newsletter since alpha, never got any invite to beta, applied and tried to get in via Fileplanet, but also received this email.

Was a nice friendly link to the download:

http://funcom.cachefly.net/WebFiles/CRM/Prospects/us-au.html

I used to write for extinct gaming sites
details available here (unused blog about page)
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #3 on: June 25, 2008, 05:08:16 AM

I know there was a mythical rumor about EU guys playing on US servers, does anyone know if this can be done?

My friend from iceland was downloading the game last night, and in my drunken state I didn't even think about the difference.

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: June 25, 2008, 05:35:21 AM

How big is the download?  Isn't the game something like 25 gigs?

Over and out.
murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: June 25, 2008, 05:53:58 AM

I think the initial download is 15 gigs. Buying online gives you a month +2 days subcription right off the bat. They figure that with 2 extra days, you'll be able to download it.

I had the game downloaded from the early entry link and it took me all of about 10 minutes to get my account and everything set up and start playing. They've had online purchasing for awhile now, since that's how I bought it a few weeks back.

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
Dren
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: June 25, 2008, 06:44:03 AM

I'd bite if it was a 7 day free type deal.  It is very questionable whether my computer can handle the game at all, so I'd love to test drive first.  I'm not rich enough for a $50 experiment.

Otherwise, when I'm ready to buy, I'll go 10 minutes away and get the discs.  Last I checked, Best Buy had a ton of them on the shelves.
murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: June 25, 2008, 07:29:07 AM

Friends of mine were playing and I had downloaded the game in anticipation of getting a buddy pass. Those failed to materialize so my buddy just came over, logged into his account and let me play the first 5 levels to Tortage. I subscribed the next day once I knew that a) it runs decently on my laptop b) it was a lot of fun.

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
DraconianOne
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: June 26, 2008, 01:54:39 AM

Hmmm... Digital Download for £40 or box version for for £25?  Those two days are not cheap.

A point can be MOOT. MUTE is more along the lines of what you should be. - WayAbvPar
Sparky
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: June 26, 2008, 02:30:05 AM

I know there was a mythical rumor about EU guys playing on US servers, does anyone know if this can be done?

My friend from iceland was downloading the game last night, and in my drunken state I didn't even think about the difference.

I'm doing it.

You just need to a US CD key, make a new account and (if you've already got the EU version installed) replace your LocalConfig.xml with the American one (you could reinstall but just swapping the config file saves downloading gigabytes of shit again).  They have no qualms about accepting non-US credit cards or whatever.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2008, 02:33:02 AM by Sparky »
Sparky
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: June 26, 2008, 08:34:08 AM

By the way if you already have an AOC install and just want to buy a CD key without the hassle of boxed copies or whatever passes for Funcom's store, http://www.shatteredcrystal.com/index.php/~16622 (<shameless affiliate link) sells them.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Age of Conan  |  Topic: Online purchase and download now available  
Jump to: