Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 02:10:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Mythos 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mythos  (Read 59415 times)
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #175 on: January 17, 2008, 12:36:47 PM

Original design doc called for demons, third-person perspective and an October 31 release date.  Head honchos and yes men thought this was totally awesome all through development.

I'd still complain that they ripped out Fate's awesome skill system and replaced it with my arch-nemesis, the Skill Tree.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #176 on: January 17, 2008, 03:33:31 PM

The skill tree is terrible. And it's too diablo in all the ways I've seen so far. I was hoping for something new, if just a little bit.
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #177 on: January 17, 2008, 04:20:41 PM

Last invite for the moment gone.

Original design doc called for demons, third-person perspective and an October 31 release date.  Head honchos and yes men thought this was totally awesome all through development.

I'd still complain that they ripped out Fate's awesome skill system and replaced it with my arch-nemesis, the Skill Tree.

Are you talking about HG:L or Mythos?

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
Mosesandstick
Terracotta Army

Reply #178 on: January 17, 2008, 09:11:25 PM

I still got one.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #179 on: January 17, 2008, 10:19:14 PM

Are you talking about HG:L or Mythos?

Mythos, since it's the Fate sequel, but while you have me I'll toss Titan Quest on there as well.  I hope you have played Fate so you know what the hell I'm talking about.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #180 on: January 17, 2008, 10:23:53 PM

I'm playing a pyromancer now and it's a struggle just to stay alive half the time. I've dumped a few points into mana regen, got the flamethrower up a bit, and wasted a point on the seemingly useless firebolt-type spell. Also, I keep getting amazingly good drops for other classes regardless of what character I play. :(

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #181 on: January 18, 2008, 08:09:56 AM

I don't know anything about pyromancers, only played a gadgeteer so far and I love it.  Your second complaint is a perception issue inherent in any Diablo-style game, since I see all kinds of wisdom-based crap but good rifles and dusters for my gadgeteer are SUPER RARE.  Same thing happened to me in Diablo II, Dungeon Siege, Fate, and Titan Quest.

Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #182 on: January 18, 2008, 09:19:48 AM

I don't know anything about pyromancers, only played a gadgeteer so far and I love it.  Your second complaint is a perception issue inherent in any Diablo-style game, since I see all kinds of wisdom-based crap but good rifles and dusters for my gadgeteer are SUPER RARE.  Same thing happened to me in Diablo II, Dungeon Siege, Fate, and Titan Quest.
I have a yellow quality rifle sitting in my bank right now and I've vendored about 20 different blue quality dusters. So yeah.

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
nurtsi
Terracotta Army

Reply #183 on: January 19, 2008, 12:23:12 PM

Anybody got any invites left still? I wanna see for myself if Flagship have redeemed themselves even a little bit after their previous fiasco.

[Got one, thanks].
« Last Edit: January 23, 2008, 01:38:19 PM by nurtsi »
Mosesandstick
Terracotta Army

Reply #184 on: January 19, 2008, 03:56:53 PM

Still got one.
Flinky
Terracotta Army

Reply #185 on: January 20, 2008, 05:07:17 AM

If anyone has a spare invite still, I'd be really appreciative if they could give me a PM or email me. I'm late to this boat but now I know about it I'm interested.

Proud member of the Gnome Brigade.
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #186 on: January 20, 2008, 07:49:36 AM

My last one went the other day. Will post again next time(?) more show up...

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
Nerf
Terracotta Army

The Presence of Your Vehicle Has Been Documented

Reply #187 on: January 20, 2008, 08:29:52 PM

3 invites, catch me here or on steam.
Salamok
Terracotta Army

Reply #188 on: March 28, 2008, 08:15:59 AM

If anyone has a spare invite left for Mythis i'd love to give it a try.
murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #189 on: March 28, 2008, 09:04:53 AM

If anyone has a spare invite left for Mythis i'd love to give it a try.

I looked to see if I had any invites and found this instead:

Since a lot of people seem to be asking in a lot of different places (not just these boards), I thought I would go ahead and explain it. So, with the creation of the new website a lot of things were changed, not just visually. The old website was built on a completely different technology than our current one. On top of that, the login system and account creation system were tied directly into it. Obviously we can't have both webpages running at the same time, it would be pretty ugly hehehe. So we took it upon ourselves to create this great new website knowing that anything previously existing on the page would be gone.

The invite system and account creation system were completely removed. Another account creation system will eventually surface, but only for Open Beta. Since we are closing in on Open Beta we don't have any use for an invite system because soon the whole world will be invited. This is why we haven't replaced the invite system and why it won't return (barring some weird cosmic changes).

Anyways, I hope this clears some things up for people wondering why there's no invites and if there will be invites soon.

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #190 on: March 28, 2008, 02:14:11 PM

Whoops.  Glad I'm in.  I spent like five or ten minutes with a new character and the beginning area is much more streamlined and I'll be damned if performance isn't a tad better... but that could be due to the much smaller maps in the starting quest.  More later.

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #191 on: June 23, 2008, 07:39:31 AM

Being one of those betatesters that doesn't read the forums much, I only recently found out about the huge changes to Mythos on their Test Center server.  Since I figured it out thanks to an email, I suppose anyone who can play also found out.  Still, it's a big enough departure that I felt like I had to write something.  Basically it's changed from Guild Wars to World of Warcraft by adding an Overworld.  All dungeons are still instanced, but the random roadways have been replaced by a handcrafted map that you can explore.  It's funny how much this changes the game, at least from a look-and-feel perspective.

Test center is pretty small, only allowing 500 people on, but I didn't have any issues getting in.  It also seems to have lots of fixes for things on Beta that I have wanted to see, such as farther camera, rebalanced skills and a reworked crafting system.  It's very encouraging to see these things on TC... but there are several stuck-in-the-world-geometry bugs.  Anchorstones have been changed, however, so that they take you to whichever anchor...node? you have bound yourself to when in the Overworld.  In a dungeon, it takes you to the entrance.  You can leave a dungeon and it will save itself for you until you enter another one.  The vendor-closet at the top of dungeons are gone, since there is no closet anymore.

I'm going to keep poking around with this build to see what else I can find.  I am also trying a pyromancer instead of my usual gadgeteer so I can't really comment on skill changes right now.

Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #192 on: June 23, 2008, 04:24:48 PM

When you change the camera angle to MMO style, it even looks like WoW!

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
schild
Administrator

Reply #193 on: June 24, 2008, 12:03:23 AM

When you change the camera angle to MMO style, it even looks like WoW!

Higher quality textures.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #194 on: June 24, 2008, 07:07:03 AM

I agree here.  Compare your Mythos character from the Vanity Cam (v) with your WoW character.  Mythos induces fewer seizures, too.

dusematic
Terracotta Army

Diablo 3's Number One Fan

Reply #195 on: June 24, 2008, 08:53:49 AM

Hook a bro up with an invite if anyone has one.  Please.
schild
Administrator

Reply #196 on: June 24, 2008, 09:07:01 AM

They don't do invites anymore. All you can do is sign up.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #197 on: June 24, 2008, 10:46:49 AM

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Mythos  
Jump to: