Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 11:21:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Age of Conan  |  Topic: No more size boost on fatality buff 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: No more size boost on fatality buff  (Read 4964 times)
Nerf
Terracotta Army

The Presence of Your Vehicle Has Been Documented

on: June 13, 2008, 12:12:35 PM

Am I the only one who sees this change as awful?  One of the things I really liked about pulling off a fatality was growing to massive proportions and continuing the rampage, now I can barely even tell if I get a fatality (as a PoM).

Maybe I'm crazy, but I'd like to see this change go the other way, with the fatality buff lasting longer than 10s, maybe 30s or so, and each additional fatality in that time gives you an even bigger size boost.
Ookii
Staff Emeritus

is actually Trippy

Reply #1 on: June 13, 2008, 12:23:02 PM

What the hell is wrong with you?

d4rkj3di
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: June 13, 2008, 12:26:32 PM

Suffering from ExtenZe withdrawals would be my guess.
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #3 on: June 13, 2008, 12:29:36 PM

I don't like the PoM fatality, it looks like it would be a rather pleasant sensation.  Maybe it's supposed to.  "Let me end your pain".
Brogarn
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: June 13, 2008, 12:30:01 PM

I err... I actually rather liked the size boost, too. /sheepish

It was, in my mind, a visual representation of the fear that the bad guys felt for you now that you just cut the head off their buddy with insane glee. I don't agree with the 30s buff or continuing size boosts. But I like the one we had.
Nerf
Terracotta Army

The Presence of Your Vehicle Has Been Documented

Reply #5 on: June 13, 2008, 02:21:24 PM

I looked at it as more of a roid rage "RAWR WHO ELSE FUCKING WANTS SOME" than as a visual represenation of the fear my opponents felt, but I miss it.

Or maybe I just miss sliitting motherfuckers throats because now I float them on some silvery beam.  I'm fine with them floating, but how about making their bodies explode into a fine mist?
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #6 on: June 13, 2008, 02:28:06 PM

Yeah, totally Broc Samson it up.

"Me am play gods"
tmp
Terracotta Army

POW! Right in the Kisser!

Reply #7 on: June 14, 2008, 09:16:56 AM

Thought it was just a clone of their AO feature, the enforcers would grow in size there when they used their AoE taunt, iirc (similar how the bosses are usually made bigger to seem more threatening)  Odd it'd get removed, perhaps there's a bug to it that someone managed to abuse in creative manner  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
MuffinMan
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: June 14, 2008, 12:26:10 PM

I must be in the minority that I never even noticed myself growing in size after a fatality. Didn't even know anything about it till I read that is was removed.

I'm very mysterious when I'm inside you.
K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: June 14, 2008, 12:54:49 PM

Thought it was just a clone of their AO feature, the enforcers would grow in size there when they used their AoE taunt, iirc (similar how the bosses are usually made bigger to seem more threatening)  Odd it'd get removed, perhaps there's a bug to it that someone managed to abuse in creative manner  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

You could actually stack so much +scale in AO as an enforcer that you'd break the system and exceed the maximum size and you'd appear miniscule. Also, being so big that the camera decides that the best place to be is 6 feet above the ceiling of whatever dungeon I was in was one endless nuisance :(

I love the smell of facepalm in the morning
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: June 14, 2008, 05:55:39 PM

I only noticed the growth upon shrinking.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Brogarn
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: June 14, 2008, 07:42:41 PM

I only noticed the growth upon shrinking.

*snicker*
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Age of Conan  |  Topic: No more size boost on fatality buff  
Jump to: