Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 01:15:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Age of Conan  |  Topic: Crafting in Hyboria 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Crafting in Hyboria  (Read 21616 times)
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #35 on: May 24, 2008, 11:17:12 AM

I tried it 3 times in the past days.
What can I say? It must be the Euro interpretation of Customer Support.

Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #36 on: May 24, 2008, 11:54:18 AM

/threadderailment

Back when I was playing AO, I submitted a petition to Funcom that never was answered, so I quit the game after the first 30 days was up.  3-4 months later they responded to it by email... no joke.  Let's hope they're a little quicker with AoC.

/threadrerailment

So... crafting... yeah.
Kirth
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: May 24, 2008, 12:17:47 PM

now that people are hitting 40, maybe we should list what trade skills we are planing on taking...
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: May 24, 2008, 04:33:16 PM

Well, maybe I'm naive, but we just built the Tradepost, right after the Keep. It does nothing.

So I did some investigation and found out that: "Player cities are not fully implemented yet. They don't have NPCs yet, they do nothing at all. They are just empty shells".

Add to that the answer a GM handed out to one of the very lucky few players  whose petition got through:

"Hello. Unfortunately, all tradeskills are currently in a state of chaos. They should be back within perfect order soon (though we cannot say how soon... next update). We apologize for this inconvenience ask for the love of the Gods that you DO NOT visit the Feat Fixer!"

and you have an extremely disappointed Falconeer. Frustrated is the correct word actually. I want Norwegian blood.

Montague
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: May 24, 2008, 08:49:56 PM

Well, maybe I'm naive, but we just built the Tradepost, right after the Keep. It does nothing.

So I did some investigation and found out that: "Player cities are not fully implemented yet. They don't have NPCs yet, they do nothing at all. They are just empty shells".

Add to that the answer a GM handed out to one of the very lucky few players  whose petition got through:

"Hello. Unfortunately, all tradeskills are currently in a state of chaos. They should be back within perfect order soon (though we cannot say how soon... next update). We apologize for this inconvenience ask for the love of the Gods that you DO NOT visit the Feat Fixer!"

and you have an extremely disappointed Falconeer. Frustrated is the correct word actually. I want Norwegian blood.

Yeah, the basic stuff works well enough but features that are must-haves aren't working yet. I like the game well enough to more than likely stick with it but I wonder how long of a grace period Funcom has to get this stuff working.

When Fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross - Sinclair Lewis.

I can tell more than 1 fucktard at a time to stfu, have no fears. - WayAbvPar

We all have the God-given right to go to hell our own way.  Don't fuck with God's plan. - MahrinSkel
Kirth
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: May 24, 2008, 09:32:28 PM

Yeah, the basic stuff works well enough but features that are must-haves aren't working yet. I like the game well enough to more than likely stick with it but I wonder how long of a grace period Funcom has to get this stuff working.

the paint really starts pealing after level 40.
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #41 on: May 24, 2008, 09:43:45 PM

I've heard of so many problems with crafting I'm not touching any of it for months.

They still don't have the traders working in the cities so there was no chance that yours would work :(.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: May 25, 2008, 01:17:08 AM

I would have been happy with a mime NPC, too.  swamp poop

rattran

Unreasonable

Reply #43 on: May 25, 2008, 12:56:43 PM

I took gemcutting, and just found out it's semi-borked. Not all cuts count toward crafting, and placing a gem in a weapon or armor makes you crash when you mouseover it   ACK!

Crafting = swamp poop
Wasted
Terracotta Army

Reply #44 on: May 25, 2008, 08:25:42 PM

I'll brave Alchemy when i get there
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #45 on: May 26, 2008, 04:26:13 AM

Alchemists gets their materials from mob drops.  Those materials don't appear to be in game yet and they can't finish their starting quests...
Kirth
Terracotta Army

Reply #46 on: May 26, 2008, 04:59:54 AM

Alchemists gets their materials from mob drops.  Those materials don't appear to be in game yet and they can't finish their starting quests...

They only drop on level 40 + mobs, I've gotten a few so far.
ShenMolo
Terracotta Army

Reply #47 on: May 26, 2008, 05:06:07 AM

I got a fungus last night....
rattran

Unreasonable

Reply #48 on: May 26, 2008, 07:06:10 AM

I've got fungus, blood, and a few other things for any budding alchy.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #49 on: May 26, 2008, 08:51:36 AM

After 2+ days in the /petition queue I moved up from spot 83 to 27.. and then this morning *poof* "You have no petitions".

This make me want to smash my head into a wall or some GM nose.

I ussued a new petition and voila..  80th in the queue. I am sure I'll jump my way up to like 10th spot this time only to have it disappear in the black hole of customer harassing.

Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #50 on: May 26, 2008, 05:45:52 PM

iirc, SWG cleared it's petition queue at the 3-month mark. Just wiped the slate clean. That sorta makes sense when a game is so woefully incomplete. I really did think the XP rate in AoC would be nerfed before launch, thus preventing the amount of folks experiencing the unfinished parts of the game. But that is a double-edged sword, as all games that nerfed XP before launch have experienced.

Ah well. They needed to launch eventually, and they probably wanted to do so before WAR. But they could have used another six months with a lot more people testing than I think there were.
CmdrSlack
Contributor

Reply #51 on: May 26, 2008, 09:25:58 PM

As someone perusing the AoC forum, trying to decide whether to attempt to upgrade my oldass PC to try a new game, this thread has been a nifty roller coaster ride. At first, I was looking to the middle of June and some cash surplus and thinking, "Fuck a console, let's upgrade the desktop machine." Once the thread shifted to, "crafting is borked," I'm back to planning a console purchase.

I traded in my fun blog for several legal blogs. Or, "blawgs," as the cutesy attorney blawgosphere likes to call 'em.
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #52 on: May 27, 2008, 05:47:24 AM

I guess they were missing the secondary components, the patch today will put them on the vendor.
Nerf
Terracotta Army

The Presence of Your Vehicle Has Been Documented

Reply #53 on: May 28, 2008, 02:26:57 AM

So I hit 50 and got my t2 recipes, largely crap, but now I have the ability to use rare resources!
I can add 1 tin to any weapon, and get the exact same weapon as before, but with a blue name.

Also, getting the level 50 recipes took away my level 40 recipes.
Montague
Terracotta Army

Reply #54 on: May 28, 2008, 10:50:48 AM

So I hit 50 and got my t2 recipes, largely crap, but now I have the ability to use rare resources!
I can add 1 tin to any weapon, and get the exact same weapon as before, but with a blue name.

There's a reason I haven't picked up a profession yet.

When Fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross - Sinclair Lewis.

I can tell more than 1 fucktard at a time to stfu, have no fears. - WayAbvPar

We all have the God-given right to go to hell our own way.  Don't fuck with God's plan. - MahrinSkel
Kirth
Terracotta Army

Reply #55 on: May 28, 2008, 11:55:32 AM

I still have my level 40 recipes, but my level 50 recipes make the same items with different names... same materials as well.
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #56 on: May 28, 2008, 12:22:21 PM

Is it wrong that I read the thread title to the tune of Holiday in Cambodia?

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
palmer_eldritch
Terracotta Army

Reply #57 on: May 28, 2008, 07:25:39 PM

I've decided I hate resource gathering.

To move on to the next tier of resources, you have to do two quests for an NPC.

The first quest is to gather 20 or so of the resource you are currently on, which is fine.

The second quest is to gather the rare drop from the resource you are currently on, which is a pisser. You can spend literally hours mining copper, getting much more copper than you are ever need or want, in the hope of getting the rare drop from a copper node (which is tin). Then you move on to the next tier and it starts all over again.
Nerf
Terracotta Army

The Presence of Your Vehicle Has Been Documented

Reply #58 on: May 28, 2008, 07:30:41 PM

We can only hope that the entire gathering/crafting thing is completely redone, because it's really, really, really fucked right now.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #59 on: May 28, 2008, 11:08:51 PM

Cotton for the love of Crom, cotton!

Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #60 on: May 29, 2008, 06:00:11 AM

Got my rare leather off of the second croc I killed in Khopsef.  I guess it isn't actually used in any recipes yet Ohhhhh, I see..
Kirth
Terracotta Army

Reply #61 on: May 29, 2008, 06:12:28 AM

Got my rare leather off of the second croc I killed in Khopsef.  I guess it isn't actually used in any recipes yet Ohhhhh, I see..

I'll assume that is comes into play after the next set of armor smithing quests. The first set of quests required 84 rough leather. I farmed the last 30 I needed yesterday only o find the next set of quests takes... the same tier 1 materials, but more. None of the cotton or rough leather I have from before the may 27 patch works and I really don't want to go farm 137 more rough leather (although to credit, they did see to fix prey animals so that the lower level ones are only dropping rough leather, still about a 1 in 5 drop rate).
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #62 on: June 04, 2008, 02:19:01 AM

Minor rant inc:

Gathering... Resource node competition seriously need to be looked at.  I'm sure they're fine on PvP servers, where you can at least attack people.  But there's jack I can do on PvE.  It's bad enough that nearly every node I come across is at 12-24% which only yields a few resources. 

I *finally* find the elusive Copper node I was looking for over a 20 minute period, and it's 100%!!!!  So I hit it and get interrupted by a mini-boss on the first strike.  While fighting it, some tool comes up and starts wacking away at the node.  As I finish the boss off, there's 70% left.  So I start hitting it again and get uninterrupted again by a boss.  Of course, by the time I'm done with that fight the jackass has looted the whole node and I never got a thing off it.  Didn't even get any loot off the bosses, either. 

I'm not entirely sure what the answer is, other than making bosses in the crafting fields actually drop mats/rare mats.  Regardless, it was just a crappy experience.
Tarami
Terracotta Army

Reply #63 on: June 04, 2008, 02:50:16 AM

Minor rant inc:

Gathering... Resource node competition seriously need to be looked at.  I'm sure they're fine on PvP servers, where you can at least attack people.  But there's jack I can do on PvE.  It's bad enough that nearly every node I come across is at 12-24% which only yields a few resources.
On a PvP server they'd just wait until you're fighting, and then gank you. Atleast that's what I'd do. :)

- I'm giving you this one for free.
- Nothing's free in the waterworld.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #64 on: June 04, 2008, 06:20:58 AM

Minor rant inc:

On a PvP server they'd just wait until you're fighting, and then gank you. Atleast that's what I'd do. :)

And let him get the whole node without interruption? i wait till they start gathering then gank them, waiting for a mob spawn is too risky.

I am the .00000001428%
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #65 on: June 04, 2008, 06:50:10 AM

On a semi-crafting related note (waypoints) does anyone know of a bxml to xml converter?  I've only found one code package and I'm not sure I'm technically proficient enough to get it running.  I'll try when I have the chance, but thought I would check here first before starting to beat my head against a wall.  (cwxml is the package although an existing tool would be Splenda)

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
schild
Administrator

Reply #66 on: June 04, 2008, 07:36:22 AM

Hahaha, someone interrupted you. Hey you're fucked, it's a level 80 PoM! That would be awesome. The first time.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Age of Conan  |  Topic: Crafting in Hyboria  
Jump to: