Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 08:52:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: new, a bit lost? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: new, a bit lost?  (Read 2000 times)
Royalty
Terracotta Army

on: April 26, 2008, 06:06:01 PM

hey guys, so i have looked at the newbie resources post but i have some questions cause i want to make sure i don't mess some things up. okay so, besides finishing the tutorial and doing the first 2 parts of the 10 part storyline mission, i haven't really done anything. i haven't bought anything and i havent learned skills or anything like that. i have just tried to do the missions available. so for part 3 i was getting absolutely hammered so i warped out quickly. i am not sure if at this stage i should be spending money to upgrade my ship or something (really would have no idea even going about that) or if i should now be buying skills and working on them.

i am not even actually sure if i am still doing the tutorial or not because i am still very lost in regards to what i should be doing right now. i finished all missions for two agents who both had some title like tutorial agent. then i was recommended to another agent whose missions i am currently doing. uh yeah, so i am probably completely lost lol

edit: the mission im currently on is called 'cashflow for capsuleers' if that helps
« Last Edit: April 26, 2008, 06:09:10 PM by Royalty »
Tige
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: April 26, 2008, 06:37:07 PM

Gets
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: April 27, 2008, 02:05:28 AM

'Cashflow for Capsuleers" is one of the 10-part tutorial missions, which you should do, as it gives new frigates and skillbooks to you plus other nice things regular starter missions don't. More so, you can do every 10-part tutorial mission for every profession and every race (12 total, but the manufacturing parts are just annoying), you just need to go to the appropriate school solarsystems. If you need ISK people will gladly give you, but most have a policy not to give a dime unless they know you have subscribed. People who actually stick around for the real fun and see beyond the humongous nail in the ass that is the EVE newbie-experience are far and few between. As Tige subtly suggested, having a distinct spy smell doesn't help either.

I hope you have read the great link sticky here. I hope you still have a skill in training even if you don't have all the books yet.

Find the "Channels & Mailing Lists" window, click "Join" and type in "F13". People there are always willing to ask questions.

PS: Tige, I lol'd.
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #3 on: April 27, 2008, 02:10:59 AM

Are you at least training up the skills you started with?  You should ALWAYS be training SOMETHING.
TheWalrus
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: April 27, 2008, 04:40:30 PM

You should ALWAYS be training SOMETHING.

That should be the first thing the tutorial says. You pop out of the gene soup, start training something, anything. Underwater Basket Weaving II or whatever. Because eventually you'll use it and time wasted not training is time that guy that pops you used.

vanilla folders - MediumHigh
schild
Administrator

Reply #5 on: April 27, 2008, 06:58:24 PM

If you could train Underwater Basket Weaving II, I'd play Eve.

Maybe.
Moosehands
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: April 28, 2008, 10:23:57 AM

I would so train Underwater Basket Weaving.  It would be skill #296!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: new, a bit lost?  
Jump to: