Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 08:03:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: Against all odds... 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Against all odds...  (Read 14958 times)
Hutch
Terracotta Army

Reply #35 on: March 21, 2008, 07:21:42 AM

Vengeance is almost instant, all the time, for alliance anyway.

That's because Horde on Vengeance doesn't consistently use a winning strategy.
Usually it's either all-out offense, or there's 10-15 horde playing D in Frostwolf Keep, and either way it's just a race.

What this means is, neither side dominates. So both sides queue up. Which means lots of battleground instances, and short queue times.

Plant yourself like a tree
Haven't you noticed? We've been sharing our culture with you all morning.
The sun will shine on us again, brother
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #36 on: March 21, 2008, 07:48:49 AM

So I'm back on at least a minor UO kick now.  Planning some suit upgrades, and you know what I like?  There's no such god damned thing as soulbound items.  If I want a particular item, all I really need is the cash to buy it.  If I want to make that cash by farming, or crafting, or selling some pieces I don't use anymore, I can do that.  I kill a boss that gives me an artifact I don't need?  I just sell it to someone who does need it, and buy what I want.  How novel.

Honestly, I wish WoW was this way too. I wish raid tokens were sellable items. That would pretty much remove my problems with drop rates because you could trade them between guilds and individuals via the AH.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: March 21, 2008, 01:28:58 PM

Usually it's either all-out offense, or there's 10-15 horde playing D in Frostwolf Keep, and either way it's just a race.

What this means is, neither side dominates. So both sides queue up. Which means lots of battleground instances, and short queue times.

Wait, what?

Neither side dominates, true.  But the way you said it - it's because the Horde doesn't care enough to consistently win or something.

Horde doesn't win all the battlegrounds in all the battlegroups, I'm pretty sure.  Nightfall horde doesn't, from what I hear - I'm still in the under 70 bracket - from what I can see, there's a wild variation of players on both sides.

[In reading this, I sound a little pissy - and I don't mean to be.  Puberty and menopause in the same household don't mix nicely.]
Hutch
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: March 21, 2008, 01:43:41 PM

Wait, what?

Neither side dominates, true.  But the way you said it - it's because the Horde doesn't care enough to consistently win or something.

Horde doesn't win all the battlegrounds in all the battlegroups, I'm pretty sure.  Nightfall horde doesn't, from what I hear - I'm still in the under 70 bracket - from what I can see, there's a wild variation of players on both sides.

[In reading this, I sound a little pissy - and I don't mean to be.  Puberty and menopause in the same household don't mix nicely.]

In battlegroups where the horde dominates, the alli boycott. I actually don't know if this results in fast queue times for alli or not.

In Vengeance, the horde defense (most of the time) consists of "defending" the frostwolf graveyard and the base, with 10 to 15 toons total. This is when we bother with defense at all.

If the alli zerg straight to our aid station, they usually win. If they're dumb enough to keep spawning and running in one or two at a time, then it's just a matter of time until the horde O wears down the alli D.

A lightly/undefended alli base takes longer to defeat than the horde base, because of the positioning of the towers, and the active npc's. So if both sides employ the zerg strategy, the horde usually loses.

So. The Horde loses a lot, but they get ~200 honor (sometimes more) in a loss, so they keep requeueing. It's still the fastest way to get honor out of the bg's.

Plant yourself like a tree
Haven't you noticed? We've been sharing our culture with you all morning.
The sun will shine on us again, brother
Ratman_tf
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: March 21, 2008, 08:53:46 PM

Puberty and menopause in the same household don't mix nicely.]

Hopefully not in the same person.  ACK!

"What I'm saying is you should make friends with a few catasses, they smell funny but they're very helpful."
-Calantus makes the best of a smelly situation.
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: March 22, 2008, 01:13:10 AM

Puberty and menopause in the same household don't mix nicely.]

Hopefully not in the same person.  ACK!
Rock on! Mob awesome, for real ACK! awesome, for real ACK! DRILLING AND MANLINESS DRILLING AND MANLINESS DRILLING AND MANLINESS

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: Against all odds...  
Jump to: