Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 11:00:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  But is it Fun?  |  Topic: Poker Smash (trial) - Void Star Creations - Xbox 360 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Poker Smash (trial) - Void Star Creations - Xbox 360  (Read 2393 times)
Velorath
Contributor

on: February 09, 2008, 02:31:28 AM

After hearing some good buzz about this recent XBLA release, I figured I'd download the trial and give it a shot.  I'm not a hardcore puzzle gamer or anything (I'll play one every now and again though), but the twist of trying to make poker hands instead of matching up colored blocks sounded like fun.  Basically you move cards around using the analogue sticks (cards can only be shifted around horizontally, but you can make hands horizontally and vertically) and try to arrange the cards (10, J, Q, K, A) into 3-5 of a kind, straights, flushes, or full house.  Like most puzzle games, if the pieces build up to the top of the screen you lose.  They give you a couple tricks, like a slow motion meter and some bombs you can use to destroy a card, but for the most part the gameplay is pretty basic.  There are also some additional modes, like online multiplayer, time trial, and puzzle mode (which is the only one I've given a try so far and consists of trying to figure out how to clear all the cards they give you without leaving any left over).

I don't really see myself actually buying this game for 800 points, but it is pretty fun.  The trial is a bit easy, because you only get a few minutes to play before the game makes you start over, and it's not really enough time for things to get fast enough to where you're actually in danger of losing.  The speed can be adjusted before you start though, so at some point I'll have to crank it up a bit and see how it goes.  All in all worth taking a look at if you feel like killing some time one day, but not anything I'd say one has to rush out and try.  Not much else you can say about a game like this.

-

Try the demo.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  But is it Fun?  |  Topic: Poker Smash (trial) - Void Star Creations - Xbox 360  
Jump to: