Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 05:54:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: PvP Fitting Thread 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: PvP Fitting Thread  (Read 8583 times)
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #35 on: January 18, 2008, 05:27:07 AM

Slayerick,

Care to throw me your opinion on a cheap (aka disposable) Rifters for a) Solo PvP and b) Group PvP?  I've seen a lot of fits out there but most of them are old pre-nurf items.  I'm working up a small fleet of Rifters to throw away learning the ropes at PvP (and train for Interceptors).  Skills are still in training so nothing exotic, plz.

Kin Rha

For the record, I'm still working on my rifter fit : )

Solo, I'd try something like this (not sure how tight the fit will be for you):

Overdrive Injector System I (or better named speed mod)
Damage Control I (or better named)
Small I-a Polarized Armor Regen (or any small armor rep)

1mn Microwarpdrive
Statis Webifier (or better named of course)
Warp Scrambler I (I usually dont recommend 7500 km warp jammers, but since you need to be close anyways this saves cap / CPU)

3 x 200mm Light "Scout" Autocannon (or worse named model)
1 x Small Nosferatu I (to help with cap issues, otherwise run a rocket)

Gang - your job is to slow them down so that your big buddies can rape their face, keep a point on one:

2 x Overdrive Injector System I (or better named speed mod, or nanofiber internal structure)
Small I-a Polarized Armor Regen (or any small armor rep)

1mn Microwarpdrive
Statis Webifier (or better named of course)
Warp Disruptor I (Your job is getting this on a guy)

3 x 200mm Light "Scout" Autocannon (or worse named model)
1 x Small Nosferatu I (to help with cap issues, otherwise run a rocket)

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: January 18, 2008, 06:37:50 AM

Alternatively, for a pure tackler, consider flying a Vigil.

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
Faust
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: January 18, 2008, 06:57:47 AM

Thanks!

Whew.  That'll be a pretty tight (read: need 2 CPU) fit for me but I'll work on some themes and variations.

Alternatively, for a pure tackler, consider flying a Vigil.

I'll look into it.  I'm up to Minmatar Frigate V and I'm all with the Projectile PewPews so I think maybe stick with a theme :)
« Last Edit: January 18, 2008, 07:05:10 AM by Faust »

Kin Rha
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: January 18, 2008, 12:55:13 PM

Remember stuff like weapon upgrades to free up some CPU...

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
dwindlehop
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: January 18, 2008, 04:40:35 PM

I always fit ACs on a Rifter. I have some Rifters kicking around with MWD/point/MSE, and fully nanoed lows for tackling and scouting. The other Rifter fit I have is DC, big plate (think 200mm is the biggest on a Rfiter, but cba to check atm), and either gyro or SAR for some solo action.
Mook
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: January 22, 2008, 06:25:07 PM

Speaking as an Eve noob, I was just wondering how long pvp fleet engagements last for? Or more specifically the ones we have with aces over 8's atm.

Also, how important are MWDs in fleet pvp? I'm at afterburner 2 and navigation 3 atm, so it's going to take me a few days of focused training before I can get to MWD. Would I be useless in pvp before then?
dwindlehop
Terracotta Army

Reply #41 on: January 22, 2008, 06:31:06 PM

Fleet generally connotes large range BS and support, which is not really what you mean as that doesn't seem to be the kind of fights BC is fighting. A small gang engagement will last a couple minutes, no more than five. Without a MWD your ability to tackle is reduced, but you could still contribute with with EW. I don't much like your odds of dealing enough dps with a MWD, either.
Akkori
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: January 23, 2008, 05:09:47 AM

http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=pfMMRAj1WHDA92H7m7hEgFg

The array of ships available in this game is staggering, I know the differences are pretty minor, but it's nice to see them lined up side-by-side. My intention is to have a sheet for ever ship type in game. So far I have Destroyers done and Frigates half done.

I love the position : "You're not right until I can prove you wrong!"
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #43 on: January 23, 2008, 06:16:21 AM

Speaking as an Eve noob, I was just wondering how long pvp fleet engagements last for? Or more specifically the ones we have with aces over 8's atm.

The ones with our previous targets generally lasted less than a minute from jumping into the target's system, warping to a covops in a belt, locking down the target and killing him and his pod.

The ones against ace's over 8's (how I hate having to type those grammatically incorrect apostrophes) have lasted a couple of minutes, or even three, as they are in gangs.

At the other extreme, I've been in several 0.0 battles that lasted around an hour from first warp-in to the last enemy running.  That time seems to pass far more quickly, however: I would, if asked, have told you that the engagements lasted seven to ten minutes, and only killboard timestamps tell otherwise.

My blog: http://endie.net

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
ajax34i
Terracotta Army

Reply #44 on: January 23, 2008, 06:27:35 AM

MWD's are a module.  If you're gonna tackle and need to dash in, or are going to fly some ship that's based on speed or getting to short range, they're important.  If you're the DPS and are gonna sit back and let loose, you're probably not going to fit one.

As a module, it's used relatively often.  Plus your Navigation skills are good for all ships, you should train them anyway.  So I'd say train it.
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #45 on: January 23, 2008, 06:50:34 AM

MWD's are a module.  If you're gonna tackle and need to dash in, or are going to fly some ship that's based on speed or getting to short range, they're important.  If you're the DPS and are gonna sit back and let loose, you're probably not going to fit one.

As a module, it's used relatively often.  Plus your Navigation skills are good for all ships, you should train them anyway.  So I'd say train it.

Well, usually the real DPS is short range blasters/autcannons/torps...so a true heavy DPS ship will basically always have an MWD.

Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #46 on: January 23, 2008, 09:16:05 AM

Yeah on a small scale pvp fittings will almost all have MWD except (some?) missile boats, sniping setups (rare in small scale?) & ewar.  I say train it.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #47 on: January 25, 2008, 01:02:44 PM

I noticed that the Myrmidion has been refitted to have some utility with warfare link modules and armor repair. That looks like the Myrm got turned from solo pwnmobile to, basically, armor rep + gang support BC. That might be an interesting ship to fly for our sort of cheap pew-pew, but I've never used warfare link modules, etc.

Any thoughts on it?
dwindlehop
Terracotta Army

Reply #48 on: January 25, 2008, 01:33:10 PM

You need to throw about 1M SP into leadership before you can get any sort of sensible bonus for the gang links. Resists are useful, but they are stacking penalized with hardeners. I've got a skirmish warfare mindlink because I think that's the most useful (and it took a lot more than 1M SP to train).

Bottom line: gang modules are good but only if you throw a large amount of SP at them.

Myrm has always had these bonuses, though. They didn't change that.
Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #49 on: January 25, 2008, 01:41:13 PM

You need to throw about 1M SP into leadership before you can get any sort of sensible bonus for the gang links. Resists are useful, but they are stacking penalized with hardeners. I've got a skirmish warfare mindlink because I think that's the most useful (and it took a lot more than 1M SP to train).

Bottom line: gang modules are good but only if you throw a large amount of SP at them.

I admit not looking at them too closely in the past. I did notice the bandwidth and drone bay seems small (it appears to be the same bandwidth as a Vexxor!). Before I got into Bat Country, I didn't have a lot of skills I was looking at. Now my list has grown hugely (some ewar stuff, some more drones stuff, a lot of guns stuff) so leadership dropped a bit on the list. (I do make it a habit of grabbing skill books when I can afford them and train them, and at least getting them started. Saves hunting them down later, but DOES hurt the pocketbook a bit).

Just looking at the drone bay and my fitting options, it really looks clear I should skip BC's altogether unless Bat Country has a surplus of Myrmidions.

You can run L3s in a BS, right?
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #50 on: January 25, 2008, 01:58:00 PM

I admit not looking at them too closely in the past. I did notice the bandwidth and drone bay seems small (it appears to be the same bandwidth as a Vexxor!). Before I got into Bat Country, I didn't have a lot of skills I was looking at. Now my list has grown hugely (some ewar stuff, some more drones stuff, a lot of guns stuff) so leadership dropped a bit on the list. (I do make it a habit of grabbing skill books when I can afford them and train them, and at least getting them started. Saves hunting them down later, but DOES hurt the pocketbook a bit).

Just looking at the drone bay and my fitting options, it really looks clear I should skip BC's altogether unless Bat Country has a surplus of Myrmidions.

Myrmidons still rock. You can fit them to have nearly the same tank as a BS and still have room for guns. The bandwidth thing is purely balance because a fully tanked Myrm with heavy drones would be sheer evil. It has the same dronebay and bandwidth as a Vexxor but you have to remember that the Vexxor is an exceptional drone boat.

L3s can be run in a BS but they can equally be run in a T1 fitted BC too and your cruiser fitting skills will carry over to it better than they will to a BS..

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #51 on: January 25, 2008, 02:12:09 PM

Brutix = face rape

7 Turrets, 50m3 drone bandwidth...

Pain locker. Better than a Myrmidon if you have good gunnery, IMO.

Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #52 on: January 25, 2008, 02:16:22 PM

Brutix = face rape

7 Turrets, 50m3 drone bandwidth...

Pain locker. Better than a Myrmidon if you have good gunnery, IMO.
Crappy guns, good drones. Myrmidion is a better choice simply for the drones (plus with the Vex I am very used to drone fights/I armor tank tactics). I think I have a decently researched 5-run BPC for Myrmidion in one of the stations in Verge. I might donate that to the corp at some point.

Playing with Myrmidion setups, I got:
Lows: 1600 mm Nanofiber, Damage Control 1, 2xEANM, 1xMedium Armor Rep 2, 1xPower Diagnostic System
Meds: 10MN AB, Fixed Cap Rechager, Invulnerability Field, Medium Shield Booster (not for tanking, just for refreshing between missions)
Highs: 2xHeavy Neutron Blasters, 2xMedium Nos, 1 Salvager, 1 Tractor.

That leaves 1 medium slot open. If I don't have a Nos target, I can fire and keep my repper running for 5 minutes. If I have both Nos hooked on someone, I can tank and fire indefintely. DPS wise I'm looking at 252 from a 2xOgre II, 2xHammerhead2, 1xHob 1 or 210 from 5xHammer 2s (I can't fly Ogre 2s yet anyways) and 190 from guns -- so roughly 400 to 450 DPS.

I could fit and fly that tomorrow. I mean it -- I have BC1 and would need BC2. Can I survive L3s in that? (My tactic is to get someone close and just Nos him and kill everyone else....). Is one T2 medium repper enough?

And what should I fit in the empty medium? A Omni tracking link (improves max range and tracking for drones), or a tracking computer for my two guns?
« Last Edit: January 25, 2008, 02:33:46 PM by Morat20 »
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #53 on: January 25, 2008, 03:06:44 PM

Crappy guns, good drones. Myrmidion is a better choice simply for the drones (plus with the Vex I am very used to drone fights/I armor tank tactics). I think I have a decently researched 5-run BPC for Myrmidion in one of the stations in Verge. I might donate that to the corp at some point.

Playing with Myrmidion setups, I got:
Lows: 1600 mm Nanofiber, Damage Control 1, 2xEANM, 1xMedium Armor Rep 2, 1xPower Diagnostic System
Meds: 10MN AB, Fixed Cap Rechager, Invulnerability Field, Medium Shield Booster (not for tanking, just for refreshing between missions)
Highs: 2xHeavy Neutron Blasters, 2xMedium Nos, 1 Salvager, 1 Tractor.

That leaves 1 medium slot open. If I don't have a Nos target, I can fire and keep my repper running for 5 minutes. If I have both Nos hooked on someone, I can tank and fire indefintely. DPS wise I'm looking at 252 from a 2xOgre II, 2xHammerhead2, 1xHob 1 or 210 from 5xHammer 2s (I can't fly Ogre 2s yet anyways) and 190 from guns -- so roughly 400 to 450 DPS.

I could fit and fly that tomorrow. I mean it -- I have BC1 and would need BC2. Can I survive L3s in that? (My tactic is to get someone close and just Nos him and kill everyone else....). Is one T2 medium repper enough?

And what should I fit in the empty medium? A Omni tracking link (improves max range and tracking for drones), or a tracking computer for my two guns?

You'd probably want to get BC to 3 or 4 purely for the drone bonuses, the rep bonus is just gravy really. My standard Myrm fit had a single repper on it and I could AFK any mission except Break Their Will. I'd dump the invulnerability field and fit a cap recharger and use the last slot for an omni tracking module.

Generally you really don't want to be tanking armour and shields. Pick one and stick with it because you can rarely do both properly.

FWIW my L3 missioning Myrm fit is as follows:

Highs: 5x250mm Railgun IIs, Drone Link Augmentor
Mids: ABII, Langour Drive Disruptor, Drone Nav Computer, Omnidirectional Tracking Link, Eutectic Cap Recharger
Lows: Medium Armour Repper II,  DCU II, 2xEnergised Adaptive Nano Membrane, N Type Regenerative Membrane, Gauss Field Balancer I

That will rock and can also be used as a reasonable PvP fit.

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #54 on: January 25, 2008, 03:32:53 PM

My vexor fit

Lows 1600 (rolled tungsten if you can get it) Damage control II, 2X small armour rep II

Mids MWD web scram

Highs. Never quite decided on Railguns or blasters tbh. Both work, depends on your tactics. Use light guns though. Frig neutran blasters do pretty much the same damage as cruiser electrons but you are sacrificing a bit of range, and gaining back a hell of a lot of power.

Variations. You can drop the web for a medium damage control to feel the reps cycling. Load it with an 800 charge, as it will have 1 stored and then go into reload when you fire it.

Tough as nails, nasty as hell and cheap as chips. you can even go with t1 all the way for cheap ass pwnage.

Hic sunt dracones.
Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #55 on: January 25, 2008, 05:28:33 PM

You'd probably want to get BC to 3 or 4 purely for the drone bonuses, the rep bonus is just gravy really. My standard Myrm fit had a single repper on it and I could AFK any mission except Break Their Will. I'd dump the invulnerability field and fit a cap recharger and use the last slot for an omni tracking module.

Generally you really don't want to be tanking armour and shields. Pick one and stick with it because you can rarely do both properly.

FWIW my L3 missioning Myrm fit is as follows:

Highs: 5x250mm Railgun IIs, Drone Link Augmentor
Mids: ABII, Langour Drive Disruptor, Drone Nav Computer, Omnidirectional Tracking Link, Eutectic Cap Recharger
Lows: Medium Armour Repper II,  DCU II, 2xEnergised Adaptive Nano Membrane, N Type Regenerative Membrane, Gauss Field Balancer I

That will rock and can also be used as a reasonable PvP fit.
The shield booster is only there because I recharge cap fast and like having my shields at full when i go into a mission. The invulnerability field was sort of iffy. I like having the two guns/two medium nos setup. I can tank forever in that setup.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: PvP Fitting Thread  
Jump to: