Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 12:39:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Lord of the Rings Online  |  Topic: Question about LoreMasters 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Question about LoreMasters  (Read 2743 times)
NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

on: December 16, 2007, 09:25:53 AM

My buddy decided we should start playing again. Hes managed to wrangle up 3 other guys too, so we're in a perfect position to make a good group. So far it looks like Guardian, Burglar, Champion and Minstrel are taken. I used to play a Captain, but thought maybe I could play a Loremaster. I recall someone saying they were somewhat broken not too long ago. Is this till true? Or am I better off stealing Burglar from the other guy and forcing him into Captain.
Hutch
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: December 16, 2007, 02:51:58 PM

I'm not sure that LMs were ever "broken", so I'd need a better explanation of what is meant by that. The Loremaster's abilities all work. Pet pathing can be quirky sometimes, especially if you jump down a short cliff or something, but your pet can be dismissed and resummoned easily and cheaply enough that this isn't a real problem.

The things the LM will bring to your group is crowd control, debuffing and draining. Which you won't even have time to use during most normal encounters, but in the content that's designed for groups, the LM can make a difference.

LMs have a single-target heal, and can dish out some damage, but you'll be outdone in both of these categories by your group-mates.

Loremasters got an update during a recent patch. I'm not sure what exactly got changed, aside from some high-level abilities, and the addition of the Lynx pet.

Plant yourself like a tree
Haven't you noticed? We've been sharing our culture with you all morning.
The sun will shine on us again, brother
Tarami
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: December 19, 2007, 02:44:43 AM

Cling on to the LM you silly man (I assume.) awesome, for real It takes a while for it to take off, but post-book 11 LMs are just like the smiley to the left. There's something vaguely perverse about Lightning Storm and Lore of the Blade. It can be a bit ungrateful in parties but just keep kicking and screaming and they'll get the point of stuns and rooting. swamp poop

As a sidenote; my objectiveness is sulking in the corner after being beaten up by my well-developed ego.

- I'm giving you this one for free.
- Nothing's free in the waterworld.
Marchosias
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: January 15, 2008, 10:37:20 PM

So what did you end up playing?  My "main" is a Lore-Master and I've enjoyed the class so far, but I'm biased toward any "pet-class." So...

Reaping Darkness From Light
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: January 16, 2008, 03:33:49 PM

I duo with a LM and his lynx seems to break his mez pretty often.  His CC is  DRILLING AND MANLINESS though, aoe root for the win.  Plus he has single target mez and lots of debuffs.  A subtle class, not the classic nuker.
NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

Reply #5 on: January 17, 2008, 04:34:45 PM

My main is a minst and my solo alt is a hunter.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Lord of the Rings Online  |  Topic: Question about LoreMasters  
Jump to: