Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 11:18:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: Suggestions 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Suggestions  (Read 3610 times)
SuperPopTart
Terracotta Army

I am damn cute for a stubby shortling.

on: May 02, 2008, 10:17:06 AM

I need..

An MMOG to play.

Any suggestions beyond the ones I've already played, which is almost.every.one.out.there?

I am Super, I am a Pop Tart.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: May 02, 2008, 10:19:37 AM

Sadly, we're in a dead zone.  I've been bouncing between WoW and EQ2 for my achievement fix with a little CoH thrown in for a combat/travel power fix. 

There's really nothing inspiring out there.  Maybe it's time to buy that console you've always wanted?

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
SuperPopTart
Terracotta Army

I am damn cute for a stubby shortling.

Reply #2 on: May 02, 2008, 10:26:02 AM

I have a Wii I just never play it. I really am slacking at that. I keep going back and forth between EQ and er..EQ.. though I thought about re-starting guild wars for a bit.

I am Super, I am a Pop Tart.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: May 02, 2008, 12:02:28 PM

Guildwars is a great distraction, especially if you haven't played the new expansion yet.  I bet it keeps you busy for a few weeks.  No sub fee is always a plus.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #4 on: May 02, 2008, 12:43:19 PM

You could try Tabula Rasa, its pretty fun in the short term, just know that it gets worse after the second large zone. Fun for a few days though, and there is a free trial.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: May 02, 2008, 01:15:12 PM

I really liked Eye of the North for Guild Wars.  Except that silly defend the golem mission.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #6 on: May 02, 2008, 02:17:47 PM

I'm not even subbed to anything right now.  I don't seem to have any motivation. 

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #7 on: May 02, 2008, 03:08:07 PM

I'm not even subbed to anything right now.  I don't seem to have any motivation. 

Same here, I recently canceled my WoW account and my EQ2 account. I have been playing TF2 and my Xbox and working on starting up a blog. Oh yeah, and getting ready to move.
Grimwell
Developers

[Redacted]

Reply #8 on: May 02, 2008, 04:20:35 PM

I need..

An MMOG to play.

Any suggestions beyond the ones I've already played, which is almost.every.one.out.there?
What have you already played? That'll help some. :)

Grimwell
Tale
Terracotta Army

sıɥʇ ǝʞıן sʞןɐʇ

Reply #9 on: May 02, 2008, 05:28:18 PM

Tabula Rasa is really worth the fun for a month or so. Nothing to keep you playing after that.

Vanguard from a bargain bin is worth the fun for 15 levels or so. Nothing to keep you playing after that.

WoW is the olden days. EQ2 is a fake plastic MMO. Eve is not for everyone. There's nothing really.

(edit) Actually, here's something fun to do: Download SubSpace aka Continuum, enter the SSCX Powerball zone as a spectator (hit ESC then S). Then hit F5 to centre your view on the ball and watch the PvP team action. There's a shot clock, meaning they MUST pass or shoot. Hold down ALT to see the full map.

I wouldn't recommend being a newbie in that zone - if you want to actually learn how to play, try the Chaos/League zone or something. Powerball is hardcore, but it's a good spectator sport.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2008, 07:37:44 PM by Tale »
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: May 03, 2008, 09:56:05 AM

Did you see this thread about CoX?

I haven't played it in quite a while, but am going to resub once I get it downloaded onto my new machine.  The changes that have been put in since I last played look interesting, and I hear the grind is greatly lessened. 

I'm expecting great things out of the user created content thing.  Follow the linkies and check out Positron's message.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #11 on: May 03, 2008, 04:21:51 PM

It may be a while before we see the user-generated missions in CoX, though.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: Suggestions  
Jump to: