Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 11:59:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: CoH adding user generated missions 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: CoH adding user generated missions  (Read 2886 times)
KallDrexx
Terracotta Army

on: May 02, 2008, 04:25:27 AM

Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: May 02, 2008, 04:44:26 AM

ETA until "Attack of Captain Goatse and the Penis Monsters!" ?

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
schild
Administrator

Reply #2 on: May 02, 2008, 05:26:26 AM

I would resub for this.

This.... this is huge.
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: May 02, 2008, 05:54:14 AM

Take that next step and lower the grind and I am there. Because that really is big
Jimbo
Terracotta Army

still drives a stick shift

Reply #4 on: May 02, 2008, 06:09:34 AM

Modern, they did lower the grind.  I didn't believe it at first, but just started a new guy and I'm leveling faster than before the "purple nerf".
UnSub
Contributor

Reply #5 on: May 02, 2008, 06:11:01 AM

At this point, that's basically all the detail we know. Community theory is that previous questions about building "abusive" bases (i.e. bases where objects can block off access to certain areas or otherwise stop progress) were really cover for trying to work things out for map designing systems under this feature. Also, it looks like peer review will be the key way the wheat gets sorted from the chaff with regards to mission / story arc development.

We've got no info on mission rewards (if they exist) or if it's customisable at the broad level (pick map; pick enemy; write some key dialogue) or down to the micro level (customisable maps; customisable appearance to some enemies; allow for mission branching and dialogue paths).

More info needs to be released, but tactically it's a brilliant step to head off ChampO (and DC Online, should that bit of vapourware ever appear).

Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: May 02, 2008, 06:14:55 AM

Similar in concept to our character creator, it allows you, the players, to create missions and story arcs for your characters and others to participate in. You'll be able to pick the map, villain group, and objectives, as well as write the dialog and any clues needed for the missions. When you are satisfied with it, you can upload it and have other players across all servers play it and rate it. Fame will come to the players whose stories rate the best overall.

Sounds like Ryzom ring. Not that that is a bad thing.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: May 02, 2008, 06:22:18 AM

Over and out.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #8 on: May 02, 2008, 06:26:54 AM

Locking. Continue here (same link as Nevermore's):

http://forums.f13.net/index.php?topic=13018.0
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: CoH adding user generated missions  
Jump to: