Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 10:36:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: Tabula Rasa, a post mortem. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tabula Rasa, a post mortem.  (Read 34151 times)
Ghambit
Terracotta Army

Reply #140 on: May 07, 2009, 12:08:23 PM

I wish I could hate you to death.

awwww... that's not nice   Heartbreak
If it makes you feel better, I edited it and added more text for your reading pleasure.

"See, the beauty of webgames is that I can play them on my phone while I'm plowing your mom."  -Samwise
Ratman_tf
Terracotta Army

Reply #141 on: May 07, 2009, 12:10:56 PM

*stupidity*

All that is a far cry from RG robbing the till and using the petty cash to purchase a space hot rod, and you know it.

"What I'm saying is you should make friends with a few catasses, they smell funny but they're very helpful."
-Calantus makes the best of a smelly situation.
Ghambit
Terracotta Army

Reply #142 on: May 07, 2009, 12:15:53 PM

*stupidity*

All that is a far cry from RG robbing the till and using the petty cash to purchase a space hot rod, and you know it.

Well, actually... how is being given $30million in stock options for an eventual dud project and ejecting it into space (while abandoning the project said stock was given for) not robbing the till?
The only way he's not really stealing (in my eyes) is if he injected some of those options back into his game.

"See, the beauty of webgames is that I can play them on my phone while I'm plowing your mom."  -Samwise
schild
Administrator

Reply #143 on: May 07, 2009, 12:17:09 PM

I wish I could hate you to death.

I SEE WHAT YOU TEABAGGED THERE.
Ratman_tf
Terracotta Army

Reply #144 on: May 07, 2009, 12:19:57 PM

*stupidity*

Well, actually... how is being given $30million in stock options for an eventual dud project and ejecting it into space (while abandoning the project said stock was given for) not robbing the till?
The only way he's not really stealing (in my eyes) is if he injected some of those options back into his game.

They gave him the stock options. It's not like (AFAIK) there was some small print saying he had to stick around and invest that funds back into the game. Shit, he could have cashed that out and bought hookers and coke and it would have been the same result for TabRas.

"What I'm saying is you should make friends with a few catasses, they smell funny but they're very helpful."
-Calantus makes the best of a smelly situation.
DayDream
Terracotta Army

Reply #145 on: May 07, 2009, 03:51:46 PM

*stupidity*

Because hiring a terrible worker does not mean the worker is stealing.  It means your hiring practices are terrible.

If NCSoft wanted RG to do something with stock options or whatever, then it should be in the contract.  So they can pound his ass if he doesn't.  If it's not in the contract, then too fucking bad.
gryeyes
Terracotta Army

Reply #146 on: May 07, 2009, 05:50:01 PM

NCsoft paid for his name and his expertise. He provided both, incidentally the game for whatever reasons was giant shit sandwich. Unless his contract stipulated some measure of success  (it didnt) the money and stock options are his. Does not matter how awful the game performed, it does not matter that he blew 100 zillion dollars on a space flight.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: Tabula Rasa, a post mortem.  
Jump to: