Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 07:53:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: Spring desktop thread 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Spring desktop thread  (Read 15154 times)
squirrel
Contributor

Reply #70 on: May 01, 2007, 11:02:44 PM

cool image murdoc, I've snagged that so ty.

Speaking of marketing, we're out of milk.
murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #71 on: May 02, 2007, 07:10:00 AM

There's two other images located here, one using a match and the other a candle, that are along the same lines if you're interested.

It's actually a Penny Arcade Wallpaper dump. I have no idea how I came across it, but I was cleaning out my favorites the other day and I found it again.

edit: Here's the direct link to the main page: http://gallery.thesecondscreen.com/gallery.php

« Last Edit: May 02, 2007, 08:38:45 AM by murdoc »

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
Soukyan
Terracotta Army

Reply #72 on: May 02, 2007, 07:33:46 AM

There's two other images located here, one using a match and the other a candle, that are along the same lines if you're interested.

It's actually a Penny Arcade Wallpaper dump. I have no idea how I came across it, but I was cleaning out my favorites the other day and I found it again.

Very cool! Thanks for the link, murdoc. It's like heaven. Well, not really, but there are some great wallpapers there.

"Life is no cabaret... we're inviting you anyway." ~Amanda Palmer
"Tree, awesome, numa numa, love triangle, internal combustion engine, mountain, walk, whiskey, peace, pascagoula" ~Lantyssa
"Les vrais paradis sont les paradis qu'on a perdus." ~Marcel Proust
FatuousTwat
Terracotta Army

Reply #73 on: May 02, 2007, 08:45:55 AM

Great site!
Raptor Jesus+Water Match > All.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2007, 08:49:32 AM by FatuousTwat »

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #74 on: May 02, 2007, 09:04:53 AM

Here's my most recent. I try to go for some art that will be pleasing in the long term, rather than impressive in the short term, but eventually eye jarring.

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

I LIKE being bounced around by Tonkors. - Lantyssa

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

Reply #75 on: May 03, 2007, 10:07:19 AM

As a result of this thread.
Chenghiz
Terracotta Army

Reply #76 on: May 04, 2007, 05:43:07 PM

Classy!
Ozzu
Terracotta Army

Reply #77 on: June 08, 2007, 06:48:33 PM

I know I'm bumping a somewhat older thread, but man, seeing Selby's old desktop pic brought back some memories. Anyone else have any old desktop pics? Love lookin at stuff like that.
Big Gulp
Terracotta Army

Reply #78 on: June 08, 2007, 06:59:43 PM

Dual monitors FTW!

NowhereMan
Terracotta Army

Reply #79 on: June 09, 2007, 02:08:03 AM

"Look at my car. Do you think that was bought with the earnest love of geeks?" - HaemishM
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #80 on: June 09, 2007, 07:06:41 PM

Notice how BG is copying yet another movie?  tongue

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Big Gulp
Terracotta Army

Reply #81 on: June 10, 2007, 03:26:16 AM

Notice how BG is copying yet another movie?  tongue

873 in the collection to date!  Did I mention that I love Blockbuster Online?  Kicks the everloving shit out of Netflix.
Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #82 on: June 10, 2007, 04:48:42 AM

Anyone got any idea where I can get Desktop Themes? I only have the WinXP Classic (blue) and Silver ones, and neither allows nearly any modification. The Win2k stuff does, but I miss the 3D elements of XP. And everywhere I look people are trying to offer proprietary application overlays to let me use their specific Themes. I'd rather not go that route as I like to keep as few apps as possible running at any given time (I've got power and memory to spare but old habits die hard).

Edit: Nevermind. Looks like Interfacelift has some Themes that don't require extra crap.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2007, 05:44:59 AM by Darniaq »
schild
Administrator

Reply #83 on: June 10, 2007, 05:12:25 AM

Desktop Themes are for girls. Unless it's Fly-A-Kite OS.
Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #84 on: June 10, 2007, 05:23:33 AM

Didn't mean to upset the Collective, but I spend so much time on the stupid thing I'd like it to look better than the stock crap that hasn't changed since it launched.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #85 on: June 10, 2007, 10:16:16 AM

Desktop Themes are for girls. Unless it's Fly-A-Kite OS.
I only use Windows Classic, thankyouverymuch.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Selby
Terracotta Army

Reply #86 on: June 10, 2007, 10:50:52 AM

I only use Windows Classic, thankyouverymuch.
Classic FTW.  I cannot stand the default XP theme or any of the stupid little scrolling\unwinding menus.  I want all of my menus and options to open when I tell them to, not based on usage.

I have bad memories of themes from my troubleshooting days with Windows 95\98 and having to deal with people who wanted those cute little cursors but couldn't get over the fact that all of the bloated software they had installed was what was slowing their computer down.  It's amazing how much money they paid me to essentially tell them "I cannot help you with that" over removing their themes...
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #87 on: June 10, 2007, 11:23:55 AM

Anyone got any idea where I can get Desktop Themes?

Themes? Sounds more like you want to mod more than what most folks call 'themes' There's some, though.

My desktop ATM:

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #88 on: June 10, 2007, 08:08:28 PM

Actually, it was the Themes, at least, what Windows XP calls Themes.

It turns out that Themes can't be loaded by the Desktop Control Panel unless they've been signed by Microsoft. So since there's a fat chance of finding freebies with that rating, you can turn to tools that strip the requirement from one of the DLLs in the OS. You're taking your life in your own hands if ya do that though, particularly if you dink around with a zillion Themes without checking the sources.

But heck, that's what System Restore is for.

This is about what my desktop looks like. Background picture is a collage of my kids, so won't bore anyone with that. Of course, they're both girls too, and will be surrounded by a digital stockade until they enter seminary... *nods*

:-D
Big Gulp
Terracotta Army

Reply #89 on: June 10, 2007, 10:07:50 PM

Of course, they're both girls too, and will be surrounded by a digital stockade until they enter seminary... *nods*

Ummm, girls don't tend to go to seminaries.  Granted, they might be popular there (okay, maybe not in Catholic seminaries), but I still maintain that it's a bad idea.
schild
Administrator

Reply #90 on: June 10, 2007, 10:15:45 PM

I'm currently rotating those. Totally worth it.
Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #91 on: June 11, 2007, 05:38:14 AM

Of course, they're both girls too, and will be surrounded by a digital stockade until they enter seminary... *nods*

Ummm, girls don't tend to go to seminaries.  Granted, they might be popular there (okay, maybe not in Catholic seminaries), but I still maintain that it's a bad idea.

I consider it one of my core competencies to completely flub a joke :) Thanks for the correct.
RhyssaFireheart
Terracotta Army

Reply #92 on: June 11, 2007, 06:55:04 AM

Here's this month's background.  Just recently changed it because I wanted something simpler.

Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #93 on: June 11, 2007, 10:17:02 AM

Girls actually do go to some protestant seminaries. My step-sister went to one in Indiana.

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
Selby
Terracotta Army

Reply #94 on: June 11, 2007, 05:51:47 PM

Girls actually do go to some protestant seminaries.
Considering where I grew up you were weird if you DIDN'T go to seminary and "heed the call" I'd say not going to seminary (me) was more out of the ordinary than not.
Big Gulp
Terracotta Army

Reply #95 on: June 11, 2007, 05:54:18 PM

Girls actually do go to some protestant seminaries.
Considering where I grew up you were weird if you DIDN'T go to seminary and "heed the call" I'd say not going to seminary (me) was more out of the ordinary than not.

It's probably my own childishness talking, but linking the word "girls" and "seminary" makes me think of blurry lensed Cinemax Late Night.
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #96 on: June 26, 2007, 10:35:54 AM

The MBP.

I'll post the Mac Pro later, maybe...

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
naum
Terracotta Army

Reply #97 on: March 20, 2008, 01:11:45 PM

"Should the batman kill Joker because it would save more lives?" is a fundamentally different question from "should the batman have a bunch of machineguns that go BATBATBATBATBAT because its totally cool?". ~Goumindong
Salamok
Terracotta Army

Reply #98 on: March 20, 2008, 02:18:37 PM

maybe it's time for a new thread instead of necroing the old one with stale img links
schild
Administrator

Reply #99 on: March 20, 2008, 02:20:26 PM

I agree. Someone pull that trigger.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: Spring desktop thread  
Jump to: