Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 02:01:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: Anything New on the horizon? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Anything New on the horizon?  (Read 13205 times)
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #35 on: January 11, 2008, 11:27:15 AM

The more I've seen on Huxley, the more shitty it looks. If it isn't out on a console, I don't see it being that good. Think Fury.

As for what's on the horizon that looks good, I still hold some small hope for Warhammer and Age of Conan. I tried Pirates of the Burning Sea, but think the avatar combat just kills that game. It needs another 6 months of percolating.

Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: January 11, 2008, 11:36:32 AM

I'm pulling for AOC but I don't have much hope for it.  Apparently there are some issues.  I'm in the WAR beta and all I have to say is  NDA

For some reason I'm interested in that AION game.  Not that I think I'd play for more than a few days, but that's what boredom does to you.  Makes ya interested in a Korean NCSoft port.
SnakeCharmer
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: January 11, 2008, 12:32:13 PM

On my radar/watchlist:

Age of Conan (March-ish)
Stargate Worlds (Fall-ish)
Jumpgate Evolution (might be 2009, not sure)

2009 and beyond, if ever..In no particular order
The Secret World
Unnamed - BioWare (yeah, I know everyone says it's KOTOR Online, but the pessimist in me says it's another elf fantasy)
Blackstar - Spacetime Studios
The Agency

With the exception of Jumpgate Evolution, I'd just about beg, borrow, steal for a beta invite for any and all of the above MMOs. 

Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: January 11, 2008, 12:49:09 PM

Jumpgate looks awesome but is it due out this year?

I'm interested in the Stargate MMO but only from a distance.  I don't know much of the IP outside the movie.  When I get more info about it I might look into it.
Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: January 11, 2008, 02:06:08 PM

For me it's:

WAR
Jumpgate
Stargate
The Agency
WoW: WotLK

In whatever order they launch.

Undecided on Huxley and AoC, though expecting to be decided before the actual launch of both.
Triforcer
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: January 12, 2008, 02:33:32 PM

Is Huxley the only thing MMOFPSy looking coming out?

My MMO enthusiasm is at a lot low ebb.  All I can see reviving it are a good twitch space MMO or KOTORO.  KOTORO would revive all the foolish hope and youthful energy I wasted on SWG  smiley

All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu.  This is the truth!  This is my belief! At least for now...
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #41 on: January 12, 2008, 03:32:24 PM

The Agency is FPSish.  More run and gun than most MMO's anyway, I assume you're more worried about the S part of FPS than the FP part.

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
Dtrain
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: January 12, 2008, 05:15:48 PM

The more I've seen on Huxley, the more shitty it looks.

Ditto. I was hoping for something more like PlanetSide than Unreal Tournament.

I'd really rather play Savage 2 than what I've seen of Huxley.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: Anything New on the horizon?  
Jump to: