Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 10:58:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: Attunements removed for SSC/TK 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Attunements removed for SSC/TK  (Read 19331 times)
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #35 on: June 20, 2007, 10:52:45 AM

wts heroic raids

Damn you.  Coffee straight into the monitor.  ROFL

-Rasix
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #36 on: June 20, 2007, 11:36:48 AM

One thing I don't get is the waste of content.

Would it really be that hard to lets say...cap BWL, AQ40, and NAX at 25 players, do some gear tweaking, kick up the mobs by X percent...and let some of the non-hardcore from back then play it...for lets say less than T4 but better than 5 man and similar to Kara loot?

That seems like a cheap way to get a lot of 'new' content to people.

EDIT: Or hell, make a ridiculous version of NAX called Hell Nax ... make it so fuckin impossible that the leet dudes will live in there until their heads explode. Dangle a "Each Boss kill drops an Orange" over their heads.  Enjoy it uberdoods.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2007, 11:41:34 AM by Slayerik »

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: June 20, 2007, 11:42:16 AM

Well that's one of the big, lingering questions. I'd have to think that they looked back at that content and weren't happy with it for one reason or another. My completely unsubstantiated guess is that nothing would be more hardcore than going the EQ route of running old content to access the new and they didn't want to go there.
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: June 20, 2007, 11:52:04 AM

Id love to see the HARDCORE raid instance have like some 50 mil HP boss, that does a random nasty thing to each player every 10 sec and yells out shit like "YOU CALL YOURSELF HARDCORE?" and "YOU AIN'T LEET, BITCH" just as a joke. Or for real.

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #39 on: June 20, 2007, 11:55:56 AM

It's also time taken away from Blizzard's incredibly slow content production to tweak old stuff instead of develop new.  I understand and agree with their viewpoint here. I'd rather see new stuff than rehashing old stuff, as that always piqued me in EQ.

It's there if you want to run it, and some folks do.  They should remove the attunement stuff from it, but most of  pre-nax is painless anyway -particulary at 70.

Id love to see the HARDCORE raid instance have like some 50 mil HP boss, that does a random nasty thing to each player every 10 sec and yells out shit like "YOU CALL YOURSELF HARDCORE?" and "YOU AIN'T LEET, BITCH" just as a joke. Or for real.

Bloodlord Mandokir yells "DING"
Jin'do the Hexxer yells "GRATS!"

Also reminds me of the guy in Plane of Mischef who'd one shot you if you asked him for phat lootz.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: June 20, 2007, 12:25:14 PM

Yeah I remember those :)

Glazius
Terracotta Army

Reply #41 on: June 20, 2007, 01:42:22 PM

You'll always have the gear-check block.  There isn't a need for the attunement block too.  Let people learn by taking 5 dirtnaps in a row that they just aren't ready for "that" content.
The educational power of the dirtnap is vastly underestimated.

Especially since the people who need to learn from it are the least likely to.

--GF
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: June 20, 2007, 01:47:53 PM

Bloodlord Mandokir yells "DING"
Jin'do the Hexxer yells "GRATS!"

Heh. We had that happen one saturday afternoon with people wearing oodles of t2 gear. Ran out of shades and had 4 people left at the end.

Was one of the most embarassing yet funny at the same time moments I ever had in wow. Though wiping on Lucifron when we were all in T2 or better (even the alts in the raid) was definitely moreso.

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
caladein
Terracotta Army

Reply #43 on: June 20, 2007, 01:50:25 PM

Also reminds me of the guy in Plane of Mischef who'd one shot you if you asked him for phat lootz.

"Oh grandmother, what phat lewtz you have."
"RAWR. The better to own you with!

"Point being, they can't make everyone happy, so I hope they pick me." -Ingmar
"OH MY GOD WE'RE SURROUNDED SEND FOR BACKUP DIG IN DEFENSIVE POSITIONS MAN YOUR NECKBEARDS" -tgr
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #44 on: June 20, 2007, 03:02:01 PM

Meh, the cockblocks are gone, and I'm happy I don't have to listen to a bunch of whiney bitches complain about never finding enough tanks for heroics and then looking at me. I'm also happy I don't have to wait on people to get to the Nightbane stage of Karazhan, because that would take us forever.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #45 on: June 20, 2007, 04:05:35 PM

Rend Blackhand yells: "Kill the one in the Dress!"
Rend Blackhand yells: "Woot!"

Darwinism is the Gateway Science.
jpark
Terracotta Army

Reply #46 on: July 03, 2007, 01:14:13 AM

Our guild is small with 2 Kara teams operating in parallel.  One just downed Prince - the other - my team - are on Shade of Aran so we still have some distance to go (odd politics having 2 kara teams compete against each other in the same guild - too bad there is not more 10 man content).  We have been doing this for awhile - so it has been great gearing for all the guys involved.

When we are done Karazhan - what is the recommendation in terms of the next best instance to progress to?  Does this change with the removal of attunment requirements?

"I think my brain just shoved its head up its own ass in retaliation.
"  HaemishM.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #47 on: July 03, 2007, 03:49:20 AM

Our guild is small with 2 Kara teams operating in parallel.  One just downed Prince - the other - my team - are on Shade of Aran so we still have some distance to go (odd politics having 2 kara teams compete against each other in the same guild - too bad there is not more 10 man content).  We have been doing this for awhile - so it has been great gearing for all the guys involved.

When we are done Karazhan - what is the recommendation in terms of the next best instance to progress to?  Does this change with the removal of attunment requirements?

Gruul's lair is the next step.  I seem to recall reading some kind of weird back-and-forth order.. like Prince, then King Mulgar(sp) then Magtheridon(sp) then Gruul himself but that was back at release when Gruul was a lot tougher.  Now I think it's Prince, King, Gruul, Mag then SSC.

With odd politics like that though you can expect several of your A-team to quit before you get the additional 5 folks geared out, since they'll be bored with Kara and want to move-on.   They should start mixing the groups up a bit. good luck.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #48 on: July 03, 2007, 07:49:44 AM

You can also kill Void Reaver before moving into SSC (or even Mag), I hear. A guild on my server downed both Gruul and VR last week. Tier 5 shoulders for everyone! [until they buff the boss]

Tangent: I wonder when/if they are going to add more 'raid-level' 5/10-man content. Heroics are 'ok' (some badge rewards are nice), but my guild's cleared Karazhan and has pretty much nothing else to do. We don't have the numbers to do 25-man dungeons, don't feel like mass recruiting and only 2-3 people pvp seriously enough to get involved in arenas more than the weekly 10 games 'for the points'.

-- Z.

lesion

Reply #49 on: July 03, 2007, 08:31:53 AM

I remember a dev mentioning the next raid being "small-group", but I can't cite it. this seems a good bet if true (there is a big green portal behind the gate there). yay trolls!

steam|a grue \[T]/
SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #50 on: July 03, 2007, 01:25:18 PM

There is still SOOO much potential raid content they could add.  Lots of which is probably just right for the 10 man range.

I vaguely remember someone saying Zul-aman was going to be a 20 or 25 man raid, but i'm not sure.

They do, however, have Grim Batol (more black dragonflight / orc lore),  the Titan Vault in southern Tanaris (Uldum or Uldurn, cant remember which one it is, basicly the sequel to Uldaman), and potentially any number of things they could throw into Caverns of time for shits and giggles.

So there is at least 3 or more potential new instances they could release without needing to release an entire new continent / zone, such as Northrend, Undermine or the Emerald dream (and MAN, the Emerald Dream is shaping up to be ALL SORTS of fucked up)

Darwinism is the Gateway Science.
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #51 on: July 03, 2007, 03:01:11 PM

Most rumblings and rumors I've seen about Zul'Aman seem to indicate that it will be a 10-man. I think Tigole himself said that Blizzard was really happy with the popularity and gameplay of the 10-man stuff and I think he mentioned Zul'Aman specifically.

I really hope Uldum is a 10-man myself.

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
sinij
Terracotta Army

Reply #52 on: July 04, 2007, 12:08:40 PM

EDIT: Or hell, make a ridiculous version of NAX called Hell Nax ... make it so fuckin impossible that the leet dudes will live in there until their heads explode. Dangle a "Each Boss kill drops an Orange" over their heads.  Enjoy it uberdoods.

Thumbs up! Add every possible annoyance mechanic that you could think of - from de-agro teleporting, to random MC, to AOE manaburns, stuns and stacking enrages on timer. Require weird group set-ups for attune(like 3 tanks, 1 healer as A MUST in 5 man) and make them clear wads of trash on impossible respawn timer.

Eternity is a very long time, especially towards the end.
sinij
Terracotta Army

Reply #53 on: July 04, 2007, 12:10:28 PM

It's also time taken away from Blizzard's incredibly slow content production to tweak old stuff instead of develop new.  I understand and agree with their viewpoint here. I'd rather see new stuff than rehashing old stuff, as that always piqued me in EQ. 

If I understand this correctly majority of player base will not see most of that 'old' content and once expansion hits catasses that can get there move on to new shiny. It also makes no sense to go there as part of getting to max-level.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2007, 12:14:07 PM by sinij »

Eternity is a very long time, especially towards the end.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: Attunements removed for SSC/TK  
Jump to: