Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 08:18:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: MC Cheats, Goon Defeats 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: MC Cheats, Goon Defeats  (Read 9567 times)
Comstar
Terracotta Army

on: September 02, 2007, 08:38:42 AM

Well mostly that was to get the rhyming going.

Allience PvP Tournament, Free to watch

Goons showed up to the pre-match meeting point for the alliance tounry with 1 too many ships (they miscounted after a few people crashed). GM disqualifies the entire team.

MC had a cruiser ship in combat crash out and rejoin the fight (which is against the rules). GMs then kick a different MC Battleship instead (MC goes on to win).

Another alliance (I forget their name) have one of the members locking enemy ships after the end of the fight, and lose 10 points.

Wonder how many more questionable calls will be made by the GM's before the end.

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: September 02, 2007, 08:41:47 AM

Pretty stupid to disqualify the entire Goon team for something so minor if they have any interest at all in not appearing biased against them.
Krakrok
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: September 02, 2007, 01:34:09 PM

I like how CCP can create EVE but are incapable of creating an automated arena mechanic for it.
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: September 02, 2007, 04:07:59 PM

Or even a consistent rule set - the tournament boils down to "GM discretion" when something goes wrong.

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
dwindlehop
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: September 02, 2007, 04:17:08 PM

Whatever guys. The GM missteps are trivial. If you're going to bitch about something, bitch about the format which leads to setups no one would ever use outside the tourney.
Drogo
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: September 02, 2007, 05:57:18 PM

/tinofoil on

It seems strange that Goonfleet and a team playing against MC both are forced to forfeit matches when a mistake is made, but MC only has a ship removed in one instance and is not penalized for moving before the start of the tournament in the second match. I do not think its CCP directly pulling for favorites, but it definitely looks like the GMs are not as impartial and fair as they should be. It could just be GMs having a different view on things, but the cynic in me thinks it would take a minor miracle for a GM to ever make MC or BoB forfeit a match.

Then again maybe its just my natural distrust of CCP because of their past behavior.

/tinfoil off
Sparky
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: September 02, 2007, 08:22:00 PM

Whatever guys. The GM missteps are trivial. If you're going to bitch about something, bitch about the format which leads to setups no one would ever use outside the tourney.

Yeah and the inevitable "zomg nerf (system which really shines in that artificial setting)" threads.  I even heard the panellists gushing over missiles during that awful studio banter.   
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: September 03, 2007, 02:01:55 AM

RSD's are going to get nerfed after this tourney, though.

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
Vedi
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: September 03, 2007, 10:42:52 AM

RSDs? What are those?
Sparky
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: September 03, 2007, 10:56:55 AM

RSDs? What are those?

Remote sensor dampeners aka MY ARAZU cry
JoeTF
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: September 03, 2007, 12:31:23 PM

10d till arazu.
Goes to cry in the corner... Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry cry
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: September 03, 2007, 01:51:03 PM

Then again maybe its just my natural distrust of CCP because of their past behavior.

Maybe, but GF turned up with too many points and were disqualified.  IC turned up with too many points and were docked 50 (result) points and allowed to keep the rest.

The difference? 108 and 109 points.  Apparently that's where the line is drawn.

My blog: http://endie.net

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
Sparky
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: September 03, 2007, 03:43:47 PM

Well MC have been trolled out of the tournament: http://myeve.eve-online.com/ingameboard.asp?a=topic&threadID=588078

The refereeing this year has been something of a farce, with a couple of the matches cancelled for seemingly minor infractions and others going ahead anyway.  I hope next time the rules are clearly established and any serious punishments automatically escalated to one person so things are a bit more consistent.
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: September 04, 2007, 04:18:12 PM

Have any of the alliance tournaments ever gone through without some kind of rule/ref screw up?

Wasn't last years complaint that the rules were changed without notice a week before the tournament?

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
MahrinSkel
Terracotta Army

When she crossed over, she was just a ship. But when she came back... she was bullshit!

Reply #14 on: September 04, 2007, 07:26:59 PM

The combination of the war and the crappy prizes means nobody is really bringing their "A" game to it except for those like MC, for whom displaying PvP prowess is about more than just bragging rights.  And with them, one of the favorites to win, blowing it off, it kind of undercuts the whole thing that much more.

--Dave

--Signature Unclear
TripleDES
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: September 06, 2007, 02:44:17 PM

CCP fills a niche without having any mentionable competition. They deliver really nice aesthetics, too. As such, if you like nice looking MMO space games, you have to put up with their shit, or stop playing MMO space games altogether.

EVE (inactive): Deakin Frost -- APB (fukken dead): Kayleigh (on Patriot).
ajax34i
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: September 07, 2007, 06:34:47 AM

Option 2 FTFW long ago, here.
Kamen
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: September 07, 2007, 08:34:20 AM

I picked option 3 - Playing and enjoying the game without giving a fuck about the alliance tournament.  I don't care how it was conducted, and have no idea who won it.
dwindlehop
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: September 07, 2007, 09:46:47 AM

I picked option 3 - Playing and enjoying the game without giving a fuck about the alliance tournament.  I don't care how it was conducted, and have no idea who won it.
For serious. It's not like there's a supercap at stake here like previous tournaments. It's a game within a game.
TripleDES
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: September 07, 2007, 02:21:02 PM

It isn't just the tournaments. It's general faggotry.

Also, went option 2 long ago.

EVE (inactive): Deakin Frost -- APB (fukken dead): Kayleigh (on Patriot).
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: September 09, 2007, 01:18:59 PM

BoB just got wiped out by a T1 cruiser swarm.
There's something fitting about that.  :-D

Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: September 09, 2007, 03:48:11 PM

Um, wrong thread?
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: September 09, 2007, 04:04:39 PM

Um, wrong thread?

Not if it happened in the tournament that's only discussed in this thread on here, it's not.

Oh hey, look.  It happened in the tournament that's only discussed in this thread.

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
JoeTF
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: September 09, 2007, 05:00:31 PM

The amount of retardness in the thread you linked breaked every contingency level possible. Next time you think about linking something like that, dude - just don't!

BOB got raped by not changing their setup enough. Poor TWD should have knwon better.
THE FIVE failed because, well... they expected the HUN to be smarter:P (as in change their design) and thus prepared for everything except that setup:D
dwindlehop
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: September 09, 2007, 06:43:32 PM

Snigg failed in the final because Shamis was expecting FoF so he ordered a delayed lock on his stealth bombers so they wouldn't get aggro, and let the daredevils get it instead. Hun just came in with regular missiles and instapopped our bombers.

Snigg is reasonably pleased. Not as pleased as we would have been if we'd beat them, but reasonably pleased. We beat BoB & Goons. :) I wonder what my char's reward is...
Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: September 09, 2007, 06:58:08 PM

Um, wrong thread?

Not if it happened in the tournament that's only discussed in this thread on here, it's not.

Oh hey, look.  It happened in the tournament that's only discussed in this thread.
Ah, my bad. :) I'm too used to "BoB's getting hammered" stories in the OTHER thread.
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #26 on: September 10, 2007, 02:44:24 AM

The amount of retardness in the thread you linked breaked every contingency level possible. Next time you think about linking something like that, dude - just don't!

True, I admit.  In my defence (and doubling as a damning inditement of Eve-O) that was the least retarded thread I could find.

Twitter - Endieposts

Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: September 10, 2007, 05:19:15 AM

No vids of that fight available yet?
dwindlehop
Terracotta Army

Reply #28 on: September 10, 2007, 09:54:01 AM

Chenghiz
Terracotta Army

Reply #29 on: September 11, 2007, 11:51:47 AM

Wow, that was pretty incedible. Did BoB run that setup so consistently that Star Fraction was able to meta against it? They also used it in the other match I saw BoB compete in.
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #30 on: September 11, 2007, 12:02:19 PM

Pretty much - TWD said that it was an unbeatable set-up, iirc.

neep
Terracotta Army

Reply #31 on: September 12, 2007, 12:52:28 PM

it was, until somebody came up with 50 ew drones and 10 gank fitted mwd frigs cruisers  rolleyes
« Last Edit: September 12, 2007, 11:14:43 PM by neep »
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #32 on: September 12, 2007, 01:27:02 PM

Watching the tournament is fun if only to highlight how much depth drones would add to real fights if the game didn't lag to crap when you brought them out.

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
dwindlehop
Terracotta Army

Reply #33 on: September 12, 2007, 01:29:31 PM

it was, until somebody came up with 50 ew drones and 10 gank fitted mwd frigs  rolleyes
Er, cruisers?
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: MC Cheats, Goon Defeats  
Jump to: