Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 22, 2024, 06:17:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: The Tudors 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Tudors  (Read 2309 times)
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

on: May 19, 2010, 11:39:50 AM

The Tudors

This is back on the air. I didn't see a thread for it but this last season has been great!

Number five is dead, on to number six!

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
WayAbvPar

Reply #1 on: May 20, 2010, 10:21:25 AM

Just finished catching up through Season 2 a couple of days ago. The historical inaccuracies are really bugging me, but it is entertaining. I was surprised that I was sympathetic to Anne Boleyn at the end- her character had completely annoyed me nearly her entire run onscreen.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #2 on: May 20, 2010, 10:25:48 AM

Doesn't hurt that despite the pig-nose, she's incredibly hot.

Haven't started this season yet, but I plan to.  The stuff with Howard should be epic.  Still a little miffed they haven't made him a fatty yet.

-Rasix
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: May 20, 2010, 11:33:05 AM

Haven't started this season yet, but I plan to.  The stuff with Howard should be epic.  Still a little miffed they haven't made him a fatty yet.

They have kind of bulked up his outfits and the actor does kind of pull his head down a bit to fluff up the neck.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
WayAbvPar

Reply #4 on: May 21, 2010, 10:16:45 AM

It is her lips/mouth that does it. She has the sexiest smirk I have ever seen.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: May 24, 2010, 01:04:47 PM

Which season is this?  I think I saw the first two seasons though I'm not sure if there is a third.  I guess I could look this up, but I'm lazy right now.
Evil Elvis
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: May 24, 2010, 07:18:53 PM

Fourth.

The 3rd season was Okay.  I couldn't stand that puss in boots looking motherfucker with the eye patch, though.  He looked so ridiculously cliche, he ruined every scene he was in for me.
shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #7 on: June 04, 2010, 12:50:16 PM

that puss in boots looking motherfucker

I lol'd.

I have never played WoW.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #8 on: June 24, 2010, 06:40:12 AM

I guess the lack of commentary on the ending was commentary enough. The fiancee is pissed they ended "The Tudors" with Henry. She now refers to the show as "The Tudor". She really wants to see the series continue, the scenes with Mary getting angry and vowing vengeance with the Italian diplomat and later with the bishop was really strong. Even being a bit young, the actress really seemed to mature through the seasons. One season Edward, one season Mary, then maybe one or two seasons Elizabeth. Ah, well.

Also, ultimately let down by the lead actor, Henry was consistently poor and the last few episodes where he refused to put on weight and started talking in some death metal growl and grunting all the time was comic. We expected him to don a cowl and go after the Joker at some point. My own personal let-down was with the older wives not showing more skin, I guess that falls under Chris Rock's "community titty" theory.

That said, despite the awfulness that was Henry (and Anne B), almost the entire rest of the cast was really good. Watching with a history buff was much more interesting, because she was reading a lot of background material and it led to more discussion about the characters.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: The Tudors  
Jump to: