Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 22, 2024, 06:56:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Cube World ( Working Name ) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Cube World ( Working Name )  (Read 63997 times)
Nija
Terracotta Army

Reply #210 on: July 14, 2013, 03:17:16 PM

4 of us beat on an ember golem for about 30 minutes until an unfortunate combination of player errors led to him getting reset at about 20% life.

Fuck 'em.
Bzalthek
Terracotta Army

"Use the Soy Sauce, Luke!" WHOM, ZASH, CLISH CLASH! "Umeboshi Kenobi!! NOOO!!!"

Reply #211 on: July 14, 2013, 03:51:12 PM

My teleport recharge is down to 7.18 seconds, though each point is only dropping it by .01 now.  Grrr. 

"Pity hurricanes aren't actually caused by gays; I would take a shot in the mouth right now if it meant wiping out these chucklefucks." ~WayAbvPar
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #212 on: July 15, 2013, 12:14:22 PM

Found a helpful video on crafting if anyone is interested.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #213 on: July 15, 2013, 05:46:02 PM

Question: A friend and I started a new world together but appear to be nowhere near each other.  Is there any way to start together or do we just explore until we find each other?

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #214 on: July 15, 2013, 05:54:13 PM

Question: A friend and I started a new world together but appear to be nowhere near each other.  Is there any way to start together or do we just explore until we find each other?

That is odd, you should spawn in the same place I think.  Also, in multiplayer as far as I know other players show up on the map.
CaptainNapkin
Terracotta Army

Once split a 12.5lb burger with a friend.

Reply #215 on: July 15, 2013, 06:46:02 PM

Yeah so far, playing with my wife on local LAN, we have always spawned as same place on entry. Now both dying at same time spawned us separate but pretty close on map. I'm guessing we were each closer to another spawn point at death technically since they are everywhere.

Just to check you're running server.exe and connecting to that right? We tried the multiplayer option first and it did nothing but confuse us for 5 minutes while she thought she had entered my game  Ohhhhh, I see.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #216 on: July 16, 2013, 07:41:24 AM

That is odd, you should spawn in the same place I think.  Also, in multiplayer as far as I know other players show up on the map.

I figured it out.  Found a good video to help me understand how running a server works.

We also realized that groups of mobs with casters are a nightmare.  Ouch.

-  Mark Twain
Pennilenko
Terracotta Army

Reply #217 on: July 16, 2013, 07:44:05 AM

Mob power Vs. Player power has a wildly large range. It goes from "oh my gosh, too easy" to "why the fuck is this developer such a sadist?"

"See?  All of you are unique.  And special.  Like fucking snowflakes."  -- Signe
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #218 on: July 16, 2013, 07:52:02 AM

Mob power Vs. Player power has a wildly large range. It goes from "oh my gosh, too easy" to "why the fuck is this developer such a sadist?"

I've noticed.  Some red con mobs are trivial while other blue con mobs are insta-death.  Fortunately, the cost of dying is trivial so you can experiment a lot.

-  Mark Twain
CaptainNapkin
Terracotta Army

Once split a 12.5lb burger with a friend.

Reply #219 on: July 16, 2013, 11:34:38 AM

After accidentally eating 800 pineapple slices I finally saw that entirely separate inventory tab that actual "pet food" is stored Facepalm
I have 3 types so far but haven't found anything that wants it, need to find more pet food. On the other hand I'm fighting the urge to look up anything about this game since figuring it all out currently is half the fun, and frustration.

So far happy with our $20 x 2 for this title and hope development doesn't run out of steam.
Soln
Terracotta Army

the opportunity for evil is just delicious

Reply #220 on: July 16, 2013, 01:16:39 PM

Teleport seems to be just blink.  Am I missing something?
Bzalthek
Terracotta Army

Reply #221 on: July 16, 2013, 03:14:40 PM

Yeah, it's a short hop to where your cursor is (up to a maximum distance of not too terribly far).

But I have it at a 7.05 second refresh.  It cuts down travel time considerably, especially since you ignore a lot of cliffs.

"Pity hurricanes aren't actually caused by gays; I would take a shot in the mouth right now if it meant wiping out these chucklefucks." ~WayAbvPar
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #222 on: July 16, 2013, 05:53:55 PM

I'm finding nothing to do but grind mobs. I Can't seem to find any interesting areas. All the crossed swords are extreamly far away, and normally not worth it due to instant death. Oddly, i was finding myself bored with this quite quickly.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #223 on: July 16, 2013, 06:00:48 PM

I'm liking it so far, but I think it's kind of boring single player

I'm actually starting to look for a couple of old EQ and DAoC friends for the grinding aspect as it could make a good drinking night game for a LAN night.
Nonentity
Terracotta Army

2009 Demon's Souls Fantasy League Champion

Reply #224 on: July 16, 2013, 06:04:06 PM

The world is cool and the concepts behind it are cool, it just needs to have more sticky aspects added to it, like the whole housing feature.

But that Captain's salami tray was tight, yo. You plump for the roast pork loin, dogg?

[20:42:41] You are halted on the way to the netherworld by a dark spirit, demanding knowledge.
[20:42:41] The spirit touches you and you feel drained.
schild
Administrator

Reply #225 on: July 16, 2013, 06:09:31 PM

Or a game feature. Game would be good. Right now it's Neckbeard Spreadsheet World.
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #226 on: July 16, 2013, 07:00:20 PM

Or a game feature. Game would be good. Right now it's Neckbeard Spreadsheet World.

I wasn't interested in this game until you said that.
Bzalthek
Terracotta Army

Reply #227 on: July 16, 2013, 09:44:53 PM

I'll worry about game aspects when it gets out of alpha.

lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #228 on: July 16, 2013, 10:30:02 PM

Because indie game designers have a proven track record of managing to throw the fun game elements in further down the line, after they've got rich and bored, right?
Bzalthek
Terracotta Army

Reply #229 on: July 16, 2013, 11:01:57 PM

You just can't live without hyperbolic overgeneralizations which bolster your need to bitch about everything, can you?

Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #230 on: July 17, 2013, 06:18:25 AM

I'm Not saying the game is terrible. But we did end up wondering for quite a while and it got somewhat repetitive. It needs more.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #231 on: July 17, 2013, 06:21:49 AM

Miracle patch?

-  Mark Twain
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #232 on: July 17, 2013, 06:35:26 AM

Miracle patch?

Oh boy.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #233 on: July 17, 2013, 07:01:41 AM

I'd say it needs more dangerous/adventurey places.  I'd really love to see an entire "underworld" of cave systems that let you mroe or less traverse the entire game underground and come out in the caves that currently exist, for example. The game is fun, it just needs something so it doesn't just devolve into traveling between points of interest and killing stuff there.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #234 on: July 17, 2013, 07:12:43 AM

I wasn't interested in this game until you said that.

I had already decided that this game sucked, now I'm paying attention again.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
schild
Administrator

Reply #235 on: July 17, 2013, 07:53:14 AM

Don't. That wasn't a compliment. Nor will it be what you're thinking.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #236 on: July 17, 2013, 07:56:25 AM

I find that I'm enjoying the game in a nostalgic sort of way.  It's fun to run around the world and explore.

Sadly, I can see the shine wearing off of this pretty quickly.  Still, it's worth the $20.

-  Mark Twain
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #237 on: July 17, 2013, 08:05:00 AM

Isn't this exactly games normally don't let people play their alpha's let alone charge for them?

"Me am play gods"
Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #238 on: July 17, 2013, 08:23:50 AM

Usually. I'd love to see the whines and tears from the bitching that would happen if Bliz allowed buy-in alpha access after only 2 years of the game being started on though.
Nija
Terracotta Army

Reply #239 on: July 17, 2013, 11:48:07 AM

Game is good. If you're having trouble finding an interesting world, choose seed 1919191

Here: http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=34oal29&s=5
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #240 on: July 17, 2013, 04:18:23 PM

You just can't live without hyperbolic overgeneralizations which bolster your need to bitch about everything, can you?

? I don't get the issue here. As others have said, miracle patches are pretty rare. It's not exactly bitchy to speculate that the game elements will never quite make it.
koro
Terracotta Army

Reply #241 on: July 18, 2013, 12:02:28 AM

Reading this thread, I'm not quite certain what some of you are expecting out of a product in what's probably mid alpha right now.

Unless the swamp poop with the store coding extends to the rest of the game, it's practically a guarantee that it's going to be much better come beta and release than it is now.
schild
Administrator

Reply #242 on: July 18, 2013, 12:48:17 AM

Reading this thread, I'm not quite certain what some of you are expecting out of a product in what's probably mid alpha right now.

Unless the swamp poop with the store coding extends to the rest of the game, it's practically a guarantee that it's going to be much better come beta and release than it is now.
What part of "once you charge for a game, it's a product" is confusing? This isn't an Alpha. It's a released game - that you can PAY for. Therefore it can be judged.
Bzalthek
Terracotta Army

Reply #243 on: July 18, 2013, 05:42:27 AM

Well, sure.  It is a product, and it can be judged.  But to say it's not in an Alpha state is either disingenuous or just a disagreement on what Alpha means.  I took it to mean that this "product" I'm buying (at a discount to the intended full price of the end result) will be in a state of flux while elements may or may not be added in the future.  I mean, it wasn't a bait and switch here.  We're experienced gamers and should know what we're getting into with these things.  So while this product can be judged, judging it as if it were a finished product is a bit silly. 

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #244 on: July 18, 2013, 05:56:25 AM

I love the brave new world 20-somethings are leading us in to.

awesome, for real

I was going to make a snarky remark about soon having the privilege of paying for a bucket of promises, then I remembered kickstarter.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Cube World ( Working Name )  
Jump to: