Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 07, 2024, 06:48:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Mass Effect 3 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 49 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mass Effect 3  (Read 350141 times)
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #595 on: February 16, 2012, 11:24:02 AM

They're all going to end up in those floating trash things in the center of the ocean.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Lounge
Terracotta Army

Reply #596 on: February 16, 2012, 11:32:11 AM

This game is worth buying for the multiplayer alone. 
Its so good it makes me think a vs mode could be incredibly fun.
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #597 on: February 16, 2012, 12:29:11 PM

I'm just imagining the person who rents an airplane and a long pole with a hook on it to grab the copy before it lands.

jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #598 on: February 16, 2012, 02:03:52 PM

Am I really the only one who finds the audio horrible? Everything sounds super muted and if you crank up the volume, the ambient sound still stays quiet as fuck. The big ass lasers at the beginning were barely audible and the collapsing buildings are practically silent.
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #599 on: February 16, 2012, 02:38:35 PM

Am I really the only one who finds the audio horrible? Everything sounds super muted and if you crank up the volume, the ambient sound still stays quiet as fuck. The big ass lasers at the beginning were barely audible and the collapsing buildings are practically silent.

Under options -> Sound try setting Dynamic Range to low and see if that helps.
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #600 on: February 16, 2012, 02:47:20 PM

There was a slight difference, but not nearly enough. To make it extra weird, turning away from ambient sound sources makes them significantly more silent, yet turning sideways doesn't make them come louder from one speaker.
kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #601 on: February 16, 2012, 04:08:34 PM

I hit a bug after a grenade went off in multi where everything was muted as all hell for about 5 minutes, then returned to normal volume levels. Normally it was fine with explosions, so it wasn't just some fancy effect.
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #602 on: February 16, 2012, 05:45:37 PM

Tell me more. You're making me wet.

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #603 on: February 16, 2012, 05:47:34 PM

I'm sure this can't be true, everyone knows Bioware was going to RUIN the game by including multiplayer.

Nonentity
Terracotta Army

2009 Demon's Souls Fantasy League Champion

Reply #604 on: February 16, 2012, 06:06:15 PM

He's not wrong.

The multiplayer is very good.

The carrot-on-a-stick of getting random unlocks and consumables out of supply crates keeps you playing, and it gets fucking HARD.

But that Captain's salami tray was tight, yo. You plump for the roast pork loin, dogg?

[20:42:41] You are halted on the way to the netherworld by a dark spirit, demanding knowledge.
[20:42:41] The spirit touches you and you feel drained.
tmp
Terracotta Army

POW! Right in the Kisser!

Reply #605 on: February 16, 2012, 06:19:43 PM

I'm sure this can't be true, everyone knows Bioware was going to RUIN the game by including multiplayer.
Think the presumption was the multiplayer part was going to be inferior and unneeded as it's not done by the main ME team, iirc Ohhhhh, I see.

(that said, personally kinda got bored of watching ~15 min long video of it. It was constant repetition of shooting DA2-like "another waves" with occasional "now stand in this circle or else")
« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 06:24:03 PM by tmp »
kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #606 on: February 16, 2012, 08:00:38 PM

He's not wrong.

The multiplayer is very good.

The carrot-on-a-stick of getting random unlocks and consumables out of supply crates keeps you playing, and it gets fucking HARD.

The multi is indeed kick you in the nuts hard if you don't work as a team. It's awesome as all hell though, even if I can't seem to unlock the things I want.
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #607 on: February 16, 2012, 08:11:16 PM

Managed to finish a few silvers and felt like a badass, but teamwork is an absolute necessity. Got a little big for our britches, went for the gold and got our asses handed to us.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #608 on: February 17, 2012, 03:55:57 AM

The multiplayer unlocked. It didn't have any of the sound issues of the sp demo so I'm just going to chalk it up to Bioware using a shitty old build.
Stormwaltz
Terracotta Army

Reply #609 on: February 17, 2012, 07:39:35 AM

No no -- everyone knows that Story Mode was going to ruin the game (for those who don't use Story Mode).

Nothing in this post represents the views of my current or previous employers.

"Isn't that just like an elf? Brings a spell to a gun fight."

"Sci-Fi writers don't invent the future, they market it."
- Henry Cobb
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #610 on: February 17, 2012, 07:51:54 AM

So is the multiplayer some kind of co-op PVE mode or is it actually PVP?

Lantien
Terracotta Army

Reply #611 on: February 17, 2012, 08:06:01 AM

co-op PVE.  It plays like horde for GoW (or any other sort of survive waves of enemies game of your choice).  The demo allows you to pick a class, and then as you play you get XP to level up class skills like Lift, biotic charge, etc based on your chosen class.

Every 3 or so levels, you get an extra objective than just survive, be it killing specific enemies or hacking/decrypting nodes.  Finishing a whole game, or at least able to complete the extra objective parts gives you credits.  You can use the credits to buy Recruit or Veteran boxes, which then can unlock one time use gifts like a free revive or warp ammo, or you can get weapon unlocks, or it can unlock specific race/class groups like the Quarian Engineer.  These special classes are useful, as they have different special skills.

I'd imagine tuning this stuff for PVP would be hell on earth, so doing 4 player co-op seems like an enjoyable way to do things.  I've only played a few times, but it's been a lot of fun.
kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #612 on: February 17, 2012, 08:08:02 AM

I was playing the multi all last night, the demo unlocked multi for everyone a day early. It was funny watching people rapidly learn that Phantoms are not to be fucked with.
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #613 on: February 17, 2012, 08:56:47 AM

Ran a gold level mission this morning, second wave they throw three phantoms and two atlases at us at the same fucking time.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Nonentity
Terracotta Army

2009 Demon's Souls Fantasy League Champion

Reply #614 on: February 17, 2012, 09:23:18 AM

It seems to me like Gold difficulty missions are mainly going to be attempted by a group of 4 who all know each other, and using those one-shot mission consumables (IE the weapon ammos and suck).

But that Captain's salami tray was tight, yo. You plump for the roast pork loin, dogg?

[20:42:41] You are halted on the way to the netherworld by a dark spirit, demanding knowledge.
[20:42:41] The spirit touches you and you feel drained.
kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #615 on: February 17, 2012, 10:54:27 AM

Yeah, gold is where you use medi-gels, missiles and all those weapon damage mods and shield upgrades.

The semi random objectives also suck. Having the "hold this ground" objective be in the middle of the open LZ area on both maps is a freaking death trap.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #616 on: February 17, 2012, 12:51:19 PM

Demo was choppy as shit on my PS3.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #617 on: February 17, 2012, 02:14:25 PM

No no -- everyone knows that Story Mode was going to ruin the game (for those who don't use Story Mode).

It was never about "Story Mode."  It was about the "We need more story and less game" quote.  Story mode is fine. Removing guts is not.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #618 on: February 17, 2012, 02:33:40 PM

It was never about "Story Mode."  It was about the "We need more story and less game" quote.  Story mode is fine. Removing guts is not.

Ah, so the thing she never actually said, as far as I can tell?

http://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/ppbt6/lets_have_a_discussion_about_jennifer_brandes/c3r6hi9

It's all in the context of letting you skip things, not removing them from the game.

Ratman_tf
Terracotta Army

Reply #619 on: February 17, 2012, 02:34:26 PM

Bah. Co-Op story is where it's at. Horde modes and PvP get old after a few tries.

"What I'm saying is you should make friends with a few catasses, they smell funny but they're very helpful."
-Calantus makes the best of a smelly situation.
Ratman_tf
Terracotta Army

Reply #620 on: February 17, 2012, 02:35:36 PM

I like the story mode. Can't be assed with all the shooting every single playthrough beyond the first one.

God, your avatar is hypnotic!

"What I'm saying is you should make friends with a few catasses, they smell funny but they're very helpful."
-Calantus makes the best of a smelly situation.
Nightblade
Terracotta Army

Reply #621 on: February 17, 2012, 03:35:18 PM

Stormwaltz
Terracotta Army

Reply #622 on: February 17, 2012, 03:39:00 PM

This.

Nothing in this post represents the views of my current or previous employers.

"Isn't that just like an elf? Brings a spell to a gun fight."

"Sci-Fi writers don't invent the future, they market it."
- Henry Cobb
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #623 on: February 17, 2012, 03:54:18 PM

One of the editors - an enthusiastic gamer but a complete novice with shooters - was used to test ME2's difficulty for casual players. When she died multiple times in the tutorial (a feat the designers had convinced themselves was impossible), she attracted a crowd of very unhappy looking senior designers behind her, jotting down notes on all the things that tripped her up.
It was her, wasn't it?
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #624 on: February 17, 2012, 03:55:24 PM

Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #625 on: February 17, 2012, 04:50:17 PM

This.

Look, dudes, she clearly wants to fag up Bioware games by turning them into visual novel dating sims, why can't you see that?!

God Save the Horn Players
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #626 on: February 17, 2012, 06:44:11 PM

They based the multiplayer around Killing Floor concept. Waves and waves of enemies come with some variety with specific loadouts and specific counters. Guess being in a noob team made taking on the Titan nearly impossible. We're just not equipped to deal with that thing.

I unlocked grenades and found out I can just sit by crates and spam it all day long. Wonderful.  why so serious?

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
UnSub
Contributor

Reply #627 on: February 17, 2012, 07:24:39 PM

This.

Look, dudes, she clearly wants to fag up Bioware games by turning them into visual novel dating sims, why can't you see that?!

I'm fine with dating sims provided you can kill aliens in between the talky bits.

snowwy
Terracotta Army

Reply #628 on: February 17, 2012, 07:25:37 PM

If the multiplayer had been PvP you probebly wouldn't see a single reply. f13's don't do that kind of thing unless there's NPC's involved. :-D
« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 07:28:11 PM by snowwy »
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #629 on: February 17, 2012, 08:26:48 PM

If the multiplayer had been PvP you probebly wouldn't see a single reply. f13's don't do that kind of thing unless there's NPC's involved. :-D

Apparently, you missed the entire Planetside 2 thread.

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 49 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Mass Effect 3  
Jump to: