Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 06:44:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: S#4 - Failoffs 1/8 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: S#4 - Failoffs 1/8  (Read 18405 times)
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #70 on: July 20, 2011, 07:47:45 AM

What exactly is that? Boils? Leprosy?
Dishydrosis. And anoying.

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #71 on: July 20, 2011, 07:56:54 AM

You should try it with the other hand.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

I KID I KID! Hope you feel better.

Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #72 on: July 20, 2011, 07:58:10 AM

Ok, I am in no shape to play. I can inly use my little and ring finger to type and use the mouse.  swamp poop Celer is ok with trying again tomorow, I donT want to keep you guys waiting longer than neccesarry.  The meds might have helped by then, there is a small chance.  why so serious?

Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #73 on: July 20, 2011, 07:59:16 AM

You should try it with the other hand.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

I KID I KID! Hope you feel better.

Thats what she said. And thanks.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #74 on: July 20, 2011, 08:19:32 AM

That sucks. Take some benadryl and coat yourself in Vaseline. Good luck, sir!

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #75 on: July 20, 2011, 08:33:11 AM

Take some benadryl and coat yourself in Vaseline.
In other words, do what you usually do on a Wednesday night.
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #76 on: July 20, 2011, 08:36:22 AM

Rimshot

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #77 on: July 20, 2011, 09:32:10 AM

I may have to just forfeit to Ironwood, as I was in no shape to play him two days ago, did not manage to get his attention yesterday, and cannot play him today (Ing and I are headed out the door to a baseball game and we will not be home at a decent UK hour).

God Save the Horn Players
Celer
Terracotta Army

Reply #78 on: July 20, 2011, 09:34:06 AM

Helm and I shall try again tomorrow.  I'll check in around 16:00 CEST and see if the sickness has spread to his lungs.  If it's no good... I guess we just get in-game and he'll resign?  The Elvers want to play, but the Elvers will take some SPP however they can get it.

On the bright side, next week's matches should take half as much time, right?  why so serious?
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #79 on: July 20, 2011, 09:43:17 AM

Is that dyshydrosis?

EDIT: Oh hi new page. I was right!

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #80 on: July 20, 2011, 10:24:42 AM

Your Norse vs. My High Elves in the next round. You're going DOWN!!!

Far too many fucking elfs in this side of the draw - time to thin out their numbers.

words

Some general thoughts I had along the way around how you could have had a stronger game (this may be bullshit idk).

Inducements :
You had 310k and spent it on a chef. This is a good choice more often than not, but in this case you were taking Orcs (3 rerolls + leader) against Norse (4 rerolls). Truth is I'm overweight on 4, once I've managed to pick up the fucking ball I blow most of them on unnecessary dodges, I rarely have to reroll a 2D block because of frenzy and block all over the damn place. And your team has 'enough' rerolls with 3+Leader. In the event your chef stole 2 rerolls each half but still didn't have any real impact, I could afford to lose a couple and you didn't gain that much by picking up the extras.

I'd have gone for Varag Ghoul Chewer (290k STR4 Block MB Leader Jump Up Pro). You can dismiss spending this much on a star as a luxury, but I look it as upgrading one of your black orcs to MB/Block/JumpUp/Pro, upgrading a Blitzer to Black Orc, upgrading a lineman to blitzer, and gaining a lineman on the bench. Plus a second source for the leader reroll. Your team would have had 2 STR 5s, 4 STR4s, and 9 players with block.

First Half :

Wasn't a lot you could have done to stop the score, but as you mention, some pressure on the ball might have led to a TD by turn 4. You seemed to be spending a lot of attention and blitzes on the far side of the pitch early in each turn. As well as making safe moves first you equally need to prioritise important moves, so you have a reroll available and they don't get cut off by a turnover.

Second Half:

Key thing that made me confident was that you overcommitted too many players to a very narrow cage and were trying to get too much contact with me. I was able to hold your team still with just a handful of players and pen you in so that you had no way to move the ball around or put pressure on any other part of the pitch. Try to avoid committing to such a narrow channel until the defender fucks up and leaves a gap or suffers an awkward turnover - espeicially as you will generally have the advantage in amount of STR4, Block and Guard, so you should be able to control a decent amount of the LoS.

The one other thing you could have done is tried to get a lineman loose in my backfield in range of the TD; a bullshit passing play was your best shot from about turn 14 when you recovered the ball in your own half.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #81 on: July 20, 2011, 10:39:33 AM

I may have to just forfeit to Ironwood, as I was in no shape to play him two days ago, did not manage to get his attention yesterday, and cannot play him today (Ing and I are headed out the door to a baseball game and we will not be home at a decent UK hour).

There's still tomorrow. Come on.

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #82 on: July 20, 2011, 11:22:48 AM

The one other thing you could have done is tried to get a lineman loose in my backfield in range of the TD; a bullshit passing play was your best shot from about turn 14 when you recovered the ball in your own half.

Yeah, I was trying to angle into something like that but I still think that without the dumb GFI I would've tied it the next turn. Problem with my linemen is, I basically have one (though he does have block). I still haven't been able to purchase one to replace the dead one and the other has -1MV (4MV) so he's almost immobile and I was trying to throw him into the grinder or use him for surf bait (the latter didn't work out well because he was too slow to get into position). He does have block, which is why I didn't just cut him outright. Won't recover from day 5 until the second day of next season, really, and even then I've traded 3 lvl 2 guys for 3 lvl 1 guys.

I agree with Varag, in hindsight, especially with the guard I've picked up this season. But I had some great experience with the chef being pretty decisive when I first started playing, and I used to win more back then, so I tend to grab it. Almost never look at star players, probably should!
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #83 on: July 20, 2011, 04:46:12 PM

There's still tomorrow. Come on.

I know, I'm just going on record, that's all.

Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #84 on: July 21, 2011, 04:22:45 AM

I am out. Stuff seems to be healing up. But I can't move my fingers. Which sucks. Sorry all. :(

Celer
Terracotta Army

Reply #85 on: July 21, 2011, 06:13:48 AM

Sorry to hear that man!  If only the UI were a bit better, you should be able to play this game with 2 bloody stumps...
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #86 on: July 21, 2011, 07:05:03 AM

Had one of my favorites in the last game. 2 seconds left in my turn, run a 2d block, but the turn times out and it just picks one die and does that.

Sofa King bad.
Celer
Terracotta Army

Reply #87 on: July 21, 2011, 08:16:45 AM

In those situations, the dice are always Attacker Down / Defender Down, and it always picks Attacker down.  If you're lucky enough to click the right one in time, it will punish you by pushing the wrong way and not letting you follow up.  Love it!  awesome, for real

Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #88 on: July 21, 2011, 02:25:54 PM

Bleh. I don't want to take away anything from Ironwood, but I'm certain I beat the Mutiny my own self, 2-1. I can think of at least two mistakes that cost me the game, one being NOT blitzing his ball carrier in the first half (I was too worried about gutter runners and oops his linerat just marched out of range of everyone except one dude, and I completely brainfarted and didn't blitz him), the second was not waiting until overtime to try a desperation pass that a gutterrunner intercepted and ran in on turn 16.

I definitely had opportunities to win here (his gutterrunner failed a dodge!!!!! and dropped the ball!!!!!! but I was surrounded by rats and couldn't quite punch my way free). Half his team was hurt, although eventually half my team was, as it should be.

Ironwood's commentary on the game was:

2:23 PM - Ironwood: Tell the guys that was the best game I've had yet.
2:23 PM - Ironwood: :D

CONSIDER YOURSELVES TOLD

I think my non-sidestep berserker leveled, not sure about anyone else.

Uploaded the replay, I can't imagine anyone actually wants to watch it though. :P
« Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 02:35:15 PM by Sjofn »

Celer
Terracotta Army

Reply #89 on: July 21, 2011, 02:46:38 PM

the second was not waiting until overtime to try a desperation pass that a gutterrunner intercepted and ran in on turn 16.

That is like, amazing.  FAILOFFS BABY! awesome, for real

Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #90 on: July 21, 2011, 02:49:50 PM

Yeah I seriously don't know wtf I was thinking. I knew, I KNEW that gutterrunner would intercept it, BUT I THREW THE BALL ANYWAY.

Like you said, I've been watching too much Eli Manning.  DRILLING AND WOMANLINESS

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #91 on: July 21, 2011, 03:24:14 PM

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Celer
Terracotta Army

Reply #92 on: July 21, 2011, 03:25:15 PM

A Manningface is always welcome.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #93 on: July 21, 2011, 03:25:23 PM

That is perfect.  Heart

Celer
Terracotta Army

Reply #94 on: July 22, 2011, 11:58:25 AM

Well the 22nd is rapidly coming to a close, and Helm remains in the casualty box.  Falc, you might want to move this party along to allow for some weekend failing, or alternately decide to give Helm a couple more days for the apothecary to work on his hands...
Bann
Terracotta Army

Reply #95 on: July 22, 2011, 06:46:19 PM

I looked in game earlier and saw that it looked like the final match (celar-Helm) was 2-0 Celar. Hopefully we can get the day advanced soon!
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #96 on: July 22, 2011, 11:51:02 PM

BUTCH DEADLIFT, Norse Berserker, went up to level two and took MIGHTY BLOW. Graaah!

Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: S#4 - Failoffs 1/8  
Jump to: