Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 06:41:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: S#4 - Failoffs 1/8 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: S#4 - Failoffs 1/8  (Read 18412 times)
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #35 on: July 14, 2011, 10:06:39 AM

Who's doing Slann the Mann?

My schedule is basically open except Sunday. Eastern time.

Also willing to put up my team deletion versus your team deletion.

I'm the Mountain standard time zone (Calgary, Alberta).  I'm usually free after 6pm my time weekdays and anytime on weekends.  I'll try and find you on Steam when I home from work and see if we can get our match done tonight.  Thanks.

Edit: And they only way I will delete this team is if I lose too many of my Saurus or my Krox to death or injury.  Skinks I could care less if they live or die, such is their lot in life I guess.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2011, 10:11:15 AM by Ginaz »
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: July 14, 2011, 11:44:58 AM

Sounds good. I can definitely swing it tonight so just message me when you're square.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: July 14, 2011, 12:47:28 PM

Applied now.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #38 on: July 14, 2011, 02:17:47 PM

Failoffs are ON.

Find your opponent and let the carnage begin.

Remember:

** All games have to be played BEFORE July 22nd 2011 **

New BBManager League to update stuff. The name is: f13 League s#4 Failoffs

The password is the usual, of course.

Celer
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: July 14, 2011, 03:27:13 PM

Helm, I should be able to meet you just about any time (Pacific GMT-700, but I can free up an early morning or a late night for you).  Steam/PM me when you know your schedule and you're back in town!
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: July 14, 2011, 07:05:59 PM

4-0 to the Peace-dogs. Only permanent ingury was to one of my beastmen who suffered a broken neck and has -1 ag, which means he is fired. Haemish played a good game with good marking and use of elven passing. Good luck in the rest of the failoffs.

Bye bye Nurgle.

Hic sunt dracones.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #41 on: July 14, 2011, 07:13:09 PM

Like Sir T said, 4-0 to the Peace Dogs. It could have been a LOT worse. Sir T didn't play badly, but his dice sucked really really badly. Most of his block dice ended up being skull/something. He even had his Beast of Nurgle with a 3d block that ended up skull/skull/skull/pow, reroll failed because of Loner and the beast went down. There were multiple really badly timed failed blocks or rolls that hurt him.

I received the first kickoff, sent two catchers streaming downfield and made the mistake of putting my thrower in the disturbing presence aura. The pass would have been a 6, so I moved back a square to improve the chances - which required a GFI rolll that he failed. Took a few more turns of futzing about before I managed to get off a clean throw downfield that led to the first score. The second score should have come turns earlier but for some bad but not disastrous rolls on my part and some mistimed movements thanks to my brain farts and Cyanide's retarded UI. Nurgle never got much beyond the halfway line with the ball, I made good use of a lot of blitzes to free the ball in his half and run it in for a score. In the end, he just couldn't protect the ball carrier well enough for the way my blitzers get around behind a slow moving behemoth like Nurgle.

He was a good sport about it, even though I scored on the last turn while already being up 3-0. But in my defense, that blitzer needed the SPP.

Bring on the winner of the Silver Hordes/Bashtards game!

Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: July 14, 2011, 08:20:03 PM

In an upset, Slann the Mann over Team Snoosnoo 3-1 in overtime.  Multiple errors on my part were not enough for the orcs as my skinks were able to pick up the ball every time and I managed to position my dudes well enough to overcome my mistakes.  A fun, hard fought match with no deaths or serious injuries.
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #43 on: July 14, 2011, 08:57:51 PM

Yep, that one was on me.

Hilarious mistake when I dodged through a skink accidentally due to a cluster of orcs and the red warning dot not showing up so well. That was in the first half, when I retrieved the ball from him one turn from scoring. If I hadn't fucked up there, we're potentially looking at a completely different game.

My struggles against Lizardmen with my Orcs continue. I'm just awful against them.

Goblins next season!
Bann
Terracotta Army

Reply #44 on: July 14, 2011, 09:19:51 PM

Nifty Helmets 2 - 3 Dandies

Probably the most exciting match I've had playing bloodbowl. I had an early score, but lost 2 or 3 players on the drive. The helmets answered the bell with a turn 8 score. I believe this was the drive I used my apoth on the catcher Useless Pile. He lived up to his name by turning a niggling injury into a MNG.... and then the very next roll killed a linemen. I really hate that catcher. 

I thought the helmets would have to kickoff before the half, so I threw nearly everyone on the line to try and bash before the half... and then realized while he was setting up that this was the 2nd half. Oops. a pooch kick and the range of my blitzers got some tacklezones on the ball, and after some give and take I popped it out and scooped with a blizter, eventually going up 2-1 early in the 2nd half. Alot of crap happened that is hazy to me now, but the helmets scored on turn 16 to equalize. I recieved going into OT and brought the ball up to the middle. it was briefly on the pitch, but I had a slight numbers advantage. We were both out of rerolls and the skulls started showing up more often. My block advantage allowed me to parley this into a score on turn 20.

I did not have bbm downloaded when I was poked for this game, but Gruntle was gracious enough to offer to upload regardless. I believe the match has been uploaded for anyone interested. I leveled my thrower and my ogre, and I believe Gruntle leveled 2 beastmen.
avaia
Terracotta Army

Reply #45 on: July 15, 2011, 08:39:31 PM

Necco 2-0 over the Monkeys

Well... it was a tough matchup for the monkeys.  There was a big clusterfuck on the sideline early that had the Necco coach a bit excited early on.   Fortunately for them, Dancing Man Wheat took effect and the necro team didn't notice a pathing oddity in turn 3 or 4 that was going to lead to a 3 person surf.  Instead, a zombie attempted to pick up the ball and failed the reroll attempt, followed by a few turns of the ghoul kicking the ball around.  Not a lot to say here, the monkeys were severely hampered by a lack of block and some fortunate armor/injury rolls by the necro team that led to a preety vast imbalance.  Toguh luck, Paelos, sorry it was so rough on the choas team.

Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #46 on: July 15, 2011, 09:06:57 PM

Damn, 5 injuries and a death?  Ohhhhh, I see.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #47 on: July 15, 2011, 10:44:04 PM

Something of a setback for the whole 'extra season of development to get ready with Chaos' plan.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
avaia
Terracotta Army

Reply #48 on: July 16, 2011, 05:04:47 AM

Forgot to mention Paelos got in a blitz on the last turn of the game that actually killed my wolf, but regen came through.
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #49 on: July 16, 2011, 07:39:19 AM

Something of a setback for the whole 'extra season of development to get ready with Chaos' plan.

Yeah I think the new plan is a new Chaos team that gets ready for next season in the feeder league!  awesome, for real

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Reborne
Terracotta Army

something something plays a shitload of Blood Bowl something something

Reply #50 on: July 16, 2011, 08:13:34 AM

The Bell Jar Utd. 2 - 0 Wrestlers

Nuffle, wanting to make sure that Ogres remain a joke team, decided to only make things work when it was truly funny.

Twice snotlings tried to hand off the ball to Sid Vicious, only to fumble it onto themselves or the snotling next to them, like nothing ever happened...
This earned on of them getting thrown down the pitch  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

Falc lost a bet that we never made in that he managed to get more than 2 casualties on my snotlings.

His team came off worse for wear though as both of his blitzers got -1AV injuries.
His apothecary thought that the fractured skull was bad enough that the amazon should have died for it but if she doesn't get fired I'm sure he'll be proven wrong...

"We apologise for the inconvenience" - God's Final Message to His Creation.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #51 on: July 16, 2011, 03:27:09 PM

His team came off worse for wear though as both of his blitzers got -1AV injuries.

Yow, that ain't good.

EDIT: Also, I keep PMing Ironwood on Steam but they keep going unheeded. :(
« Last Edit: July 16, 2011, 03:29:45 PM by Sjofn »

God Save the Horn Players
avaia
Terracotta Army

Reply #52 on: July 18, 2011, 11:30:37 AM

Get to failing, people!
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #53 on: July 18, 2011, 11:36:23 AM

We will be failing in a couple of hours, never fear!

Celer
Terracotta Army

Reply #54 on: July 18, 2011, 12:01:51 PM

Still waiting for Helm to pop back up on the radar.  Last I heard, we were going to be shooting for the end of the week.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #55 on: July 18, 2011, 02:01:15 PM

I lied! Because I have not slept since 3pm yesterday, Ironwood has kindly allowed me to push it off until tomorrow.

Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #56 on: July 19, 2011, 06:26:00 AM

Still waiting for Helm to pop back up on the radar.  Last I heard, we were going to be shooting for the end of the week.
I am back, can't do more than skimming the forums atm, though. I have an appointment after the next night shift, I will need some sleep after that, what about 18:00  CEST on Wednesday ?

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
Celer
Terracotta Army

Reply #57 on: July 19, 2011, 06:50:20 AM

I am back, can't do more than skimming the forums atm, though. I have an appointment after the next night shift, I will need some sleep after that, what about 18:00  CEST on Wednesday ?

Alright, 18:00 CEST (GMT+200) means 09:00 PDT (GMT -700), that is doable for me but right before work.  I'd need to start right away (the earlier the better, I could start as early as 16:00 FYI), and I don't think I could push a start time much past 18:30.  Thursday would be a bit more flexible for me, I could work from home, but let's try it Wednesday just in case there's a game crash or something.
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #58 on: July 19, 2011, 02:15:43 PM

Falc...how long are you going to be in Canada for?

I ask because we have about 11 days left before your deadline. I'm guessing if we're not done, the playoffs are on hold until your return...unless you have access to a PC in Canada to install Steam and Bloodbowl on...

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #59 on: July 19, 2011, 04:00:57 PM

Horde 1 - 0 Bashtards

First half score by Bravd the Hublander settles it for Silver Horde, after a bad run on block dice enabled the Horde to pretty much dominate the first part of the game. Mrs Cake scores her first SPP in her 9th game, finally inflicting a casualty.

Second half was more interesting, with both sides fucking up with the ball enough to present 'interesting situations'. But both teams kept the safeties open at crucial moments to prevent a runaway touchdown.

No interesting casualties, Truckle the Uncivil saved from an early grave by the Silver Horde medical staff.

Caleb the Ripper reached level 3 via MVP and will now probably become a MB/Block wolf. Smash the black orc also reaches level 3 through MVP points and I'm guessing will also have block added to his +1STR.

« Last Edit: July 19, 2011, 04:23:15 PM by eldaec »

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #60 on: July 19, 2011, 05:50:46 PM

Your Norse vs. My High Elves in the next round. You're going DOWN!!!

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #61 on: July 20, 2011, 12:33:04 AM

unless you have access to a PC in Canada to install Steam and Bloodbowl on...

I might...

It's kind of against my personal traveling policy, but we'll see. If we can't finish and I can't bring my laptop, I'l just "transfer" the League to a TRUSTED COACH and I'll cross my fingers that you guys don't make a mess.

Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #62 on: July 20, 2011, 02:38:57 AM

Home from work, go a doctors appointment in 45 minutes, I desperatly need some sleep, got my alarm already set to 05:00 which is in 5 hours, 15 minutes.  awesome, for real/ ACK!

Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #63 on: July 20, 2011, 05:07:48 AM

I am out for the next week or two.

My hands look like this

DON'T CLICK IF YOU ARE SQUEEMISH, I posted the least vomit inducing picture I could find on the internet.

Typing, even using the mouse buttons is VERY painfull and I'd rather not risk bursting open those huge blisters. I start to look like a Chosen, so at least my team selection was fitting.

The whole thing is stress related. Go figure.

edit: Gonna sleep a few hours till scheduled match begin, maybe MAYBE, I can play since I only need to use the mouse.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 05:11:40 AM by Der Helm »

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #64 on: July 20, 2011, 05:20:58 AM

Helm, are you sure you can play? No one is gonna give you shit if you forfeit now. Seriously.

Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #65 on: July 20, 2011, 05:25:07 AM

Not (much) harm in trying, I guess forfeiting in game is easier for you ?  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #66 on: July 20, 2011, 06:21:17 AM

What exactly is that? Boils? Leprosy?

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Celer
Terracotta Army

Reply #67 on: July 20, 2011, 06:31:34 AM

ACK! ACK!  Looks like Nurgle's Rot to me!

Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #68 on: July 20, 2011, 06:53:57 AM

First half score by Bravd the Hublander settles it for Silver Horde, after a bad run on block dice enabled the Horde to pretty much dominate the first part of the game.
Yeah, some bad dice put me way out of position and I panicked, worrying about injuries again because I was so quickly down in numbers and surrounded. I still should've brought some guys to pressure you into the score. I have no idea how to defend against frenzy players without opening up the sides completely.

Second half was more like a normal game. I didn't play great, but I did pull off a few tricks. I did an odd run/handoff/pass from blitzer to thrower to another blitzer...Chuck (my thrower) was 1spp from hitting level 4 :).

I think I missed something in your second-to-last turn, I thought my blitzer had the ball for that double-dodge chance for the TD. I still managed to wrangle out the chance to try it, but when the ball squirted out, it threw me. Made that last turn play much more laborious, though I still had enough guys in play to make my original run (as risky as it may have been). I think it was the only failed dodge I had, though. Speaking of bad rolls...starting to get annoyed by using up rerolls on Really Stupid troll...works better when I just use him for assists (I think I gave him Guard for that reason).

There was also a move a couple turns previous where I was setting up the deep cage near your endzone and wasn't sure if I could bring up the Black Orc to close it and tried to GFI the ball carrier to the far corner (to hand back to the guy in the middle). That was probably my single worst move in the game and cost me the tie. I should've just put the ball carrier on the back outside corner, handed off to the middle position blitzer and put the trailing black orc in a screen to extend the TZs. Ah, well.

First half I just wanted to be done with BB for good, second half dragged me back in and was a lot of fun. Have to check the tale of the tape, but my thrower Chuck (thrower of note in both season 3 and 4) hit level 4 (please give him armor doubles! :) and I do think the MVP for my +1STR Black Orc "little big guy" was enough to get him a level. Mighty Blow or Block...hmm.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 06:56:20 AM by Sky »
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #69 on: July 20, 2011, 07:27:54 AM

Two matches to go! Less than two days to play them!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: S#4 - Failoffs 1/8  
Jump to: