Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 02, 2024, 08:05:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Horns & Hooves *Season 2* Day Four 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Horns & Hooves *Season 2* Day Four  (Read 9782 times)
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

on: December 07, 2011, 09:58:46 AM

You have until December 16th to play your games for day four of the tournament.

Current Standings

Chevre Division
1. Ruvaldt - Goat Variations  (9 points, 3-0-0, 4 casualties inflicted)
2. Avaia - Waitsing  (7 point, 2-1-0, 4 casualties inflicted)
3. Bann - The Cosmonauts  (6 points, 2-0-1, 2 casualties inflicted)
4. Lamaros - Lovers, Fighters  (3 points, 1-0-2, 15 casualties inflicted)
5. Ulysees - The Horns of Wrath  (3 points, 1-0-1, 2 casualties inflicted)
5. HaemishM - Triptkyon  (3 points, 1-0-2, 2 casualties inflicted)
6. Ingmar - Sheep Go To Heaven  (1 point, 0-1-1, 4 casualties inflicted)
7. Luckton - Deep Space Goat  (0 points, 0-0-3, 5 casualties inflicted)

Feta Division
1. Comstar - My Little Beasties  (6 points, 2-0-1, 2 casualties inflicted)
2. Teleku - Goat Street Occupiers  (5 points, 1-2-0, 7 casualties inflicted)
2. Cancklebiter - Baa Ram U!!  (5 point, 1-2-0, 7 casualties inflicted)
3. Gruntle - Los Stupicabras  (5 points, 1-2-0, 4 casualties inflicted)
4. Llyse - Breaking Wind  (4 points, 1-1-1, 3 casualties inflicted)
5. Proudft - Malevolent Mammals  (3 point, 0-3-0, 7 casualties inflicted)
6. IainC - Green Bray Alpacas  (1 points, 0-1-2, 7 casualties inflicted)
7. Falconeer - Occupy Goatsville  (1 points, 0-1-2, 3 casualties inflicted)

League Rules:

Please read the rules regarding skill progression for your beastmen and if you have any questions about the rules ask them; I am very accessible.  Failure to comply with the rules can result in the loss of the offending beastman.

On to Bleat Bowl II!
« Last Edit: December 07, 2011, 10:10:06 AM by Ruvaldt »

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: December 07, 2011, 10:08:41 AM

INGMAR!  At long last we meet each other in glorious combat!  Make your time!   DRILLING AND MANLINESS

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #2 on: December 07, 2011, 10:09:09 AM

Ooooh, the top two teams of the Chevre division meet on the pitch.  The winner retains or attains the top position while the loser is fed to the writhing crowd!  I'll be keeping an eye out for you, Avaia.

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #3 on: December 07, 2011, 10:12:21 AM

Catch me on Steam at some point, I should be around.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #4 on: December 07, 2011, 10:15:31 AM

Eye-anC, I'm free every day after 5:30 PM my time (GMT-8).  So just message me when your available to play.  Other than that, think my weekend is mostly free if you want to wait till then.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #5 on: December 07, 2011, 10:19:52 AM

Eye-anC, I'm free every day after 5:30 PM my time (GMT-8).  So just message me when your available to play.  Other than that, think my weekend is mostly free if you want to wait till then.

Yeah, it's going to be Sunday I think as a 9 hour offset isn't going to happen on a work night. I'm playing Paelos at 10am your time and it would be super convenient for me to just play you after that. If you're not around in the morning then I'll be around until about midnight or so (3pm ish for you).

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
avaia
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: December 07, 2011, 10:44:30 AM

Ooooh, the top two teams of the Chevre division meet on the pitch.  The winner retains or attains the top position while the loser is fed to the writhing crowd!  I'll be keeping an eye out for you, Avaia.

My team absorbed a bit too much love last match, not sure I'm in a good spot for this day.  I'm likely not available until after the weekend, but who knows.  I will hit you up on steam if things take a turn.
Teleku
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: December 07, 2011, 03:44:29 PM

Yeah, it's going to be Sunday I think as a 9 hour offset isn't going to happen on a work night. I'm playing Paelos at 10am your time and it would be super convenient for me to just play you after that. If you're not around in the morning then I'll be around until about midnight or so (3pm ish for you).
Should be doable, lets plan on that for now.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Ulysees
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: December 08, 2011, 08:49:25 AM

Playing santa Claus and delivering presents to the family on saturday so unlikely to be around then but should be open to play anytime on Sunday if you are free then Lamaros
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: December 08, 2011, 10:04:07 PM

Sheep Go To Heaven wins 3-0 in a match where Luckton got pretty horribly Nuffled. I injured Lord Borak, take that you non-goat bastard!

Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #10 on: December 08, 2011, 10:20:24 PM

The league continues to reject non-goats even after the minotaur vote.  Poor, poor Borak.

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: December 08, 2011, 10:24:22 PM

Match submission is freaking out and not detecting the players properly unfortunately.

lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: December 08, 2011, 10:30:49 PM

Playing santa Claus and delivering presents to the family on saturday so unlikely to be around then but should be open to play anytime on Sunday if you are free then Lamaros

Sure, because of the time difference it will have to be earlyish Sunday, though I can start as late as midnight my time (1pm yours I think).
Ulysees
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: December 09, 2011, 01:46:46 AM

I'll be online for 10am my time so I think that makes it around 8pm your time on Sunday then.
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: December 09, 2011, 05:31:27 PM

Baa Ram U!! | 0 - 2 | My Little Beasties

A game where Nuffle was on the side of the Pony-Themed-Chaos team, with every GFI that Cacnklebiter needing failing, including his consolation TD on the last turn. One badly hurt pony, one dead Baa Ram and another dead one (his clawr) saved by the Apoc on the 2nd turn. Scooteroo gains a skill up.

Knockdowns inflicted :    2   18

And nuffle caused most of them.

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #15 on: December 09, 2011, 06:19:41 PM

Wow.  Those knockdowns were spectacularly one-sided.  Validated.

lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: December 09, 2011, 06:56:01 PM

I'll be online for 10am my time so I think that makes it around 8pm your time on Sunday then.

That's 9pm my time (daylight saving) so I'll see you then.
Bann
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: December 10, 2011, 07:28:17 PM

Cosmonauts 2 - 1 Triptkyon.

Haemish scored in the first half, I equalized late in the second. He broke some goats downfield with 1 or 2 turns left to receive a pass, but one of mine snagged an INT and returned for a turn 16 touchdown. I was able to use inducements to bring out Borak the Destroyer, and he brought the pain. I think 3 stat losing injuries were inflicted on Haemish, 2 of them probably career ending.

I leveled 1 goat.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #18 on: December 10, 2011, 07:36:11 PM

Once again, Nuffle laughs at my risky business.

The Cosmonauts 2 - Triptkyon 1

I started this game with my head up my ass, setting up in a formation that would be fine if I was kicking the ball. Only, I was receiving and it left me on the back foot. Yet, I somehow got the ball downfield in the arms of a previously inexperienced beastman with enough space around him to dither for a turn to waste time before scoring. 1-0. Bann got a beastman with the ball up the sidelines by his lonesome and I quickly blitzed him, trapping him against the sidelines with 3 markers. He tried to pass his way out of, but the pass was knocked down and bounced out of bounds, ending the first half.

My second half kick gave me hope as I sent it soaring downfield deep. He picked it up and worked it forwards, when a series of crazy quick turns moved the clock forward through failed dodge rolls and bad blocks. My beastmen began to look like elves with all their dodging to get into position to make desperation tackles on the ball carrier. Just when I thought I might be able to delay the scoring long enough to win the game, Bann broke through thanks to a failed dodge pickup attempt and scored the equalizer. I still had enough time to pull out the win though. Placing my 4AGI beastman back to receive, I poked a hole in his line and ran both my extra MA beastmen downfield. The 4AGI guy got the ball and moved into position for a pass. I had a choice. Throw to the guy with extra arms but risk an INT from a 1st level beastmen, or throw to the 2nd level beastman with +1MA but 3 AGI and hope he doesn't fuck it, but at least it won't have a chance at being picked off. The choice was easy.

And wrong. Time for the Eli face as the beastman Leaps up and makes an insane grab. Even worse, he has plenty of cover to get downfield with only one or two of my beastmen in range to stop him. On Bann's last turn, he scores, and I have no chance with one turn left to make the endzone. Game over, 2-1 to Bann.

I made some really poor decisions at certain points in the game, including a series of turns where I neglected to stand people up before making risky moves. I still think the decision to chance the INT was the right one, and as bad as MY beastmen are at catching, I'd probably take the risk again. He did inflict 3 casualties on me, 1 badly hurt and two others that will probably cause me to have to fire the two beastmen. Both were level 1 scrubs, though, so it's no big loss and I have the money to replace them.

lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: December 11, 2011, 03:37:54 AM

The Lovers loved, not fought, and Ulysses escaped with only 5 injured players (one crowd push, and one failed dodge). In the previous matchday it was 49 knockdowns for 7 injuries, while this one was 51 for 3: the armor just didn't break enough to get anything more than concussions. For both teams, as I escaped with only the one injury myself.

Linda got MVP, pushing her very close to another level, but should hardly have been rewarded for a game in which she didn't get the claws out enough (ok, she did injure one, but we hold her to higher standards).

And... I managed to hold on for a win! It was a close game with a draw a real chance for a while, but Ulysses got a lot of failed blocks and a poor wizard, and I pulled out the moves when I needed them so he couldn't manage to break through.

« Last Edit: December 11, 2011, 03:45:53 AM by lamaros »
Ulysees
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: December 11, 2011, 03:45:48 AM

The Horns of Wrath 0 - Lovers, Fighters 1

I made Lamaros work for his score in the first half and got lucky with the injury dice suffering only Ko's in the first half that woke up with the help of my 2 babes, every blitz I made on his ball carries came off but apart from 1 occasion in turn 3 where I ran a beastman up Lam's half but failed a final GFI dropping the ball I was never able to make the ball safe and while my blocking was sub par my dodging was top notch until the final dodge to blitz his carrier in score range failed and Lam ran in a score on his turn 8.

My drive was a real brawl fest and finally Lam started to score some injuries to take players from the field and with his last turn he moved the ball carrier up the field to attemp a pass but failed the gfi giving me 1 more turn to try and equalise and though I managed to dodge my beastman free when I tried to move him into the endzone he failed the last GFI to end the match 1-0 to Lam.

Good match and getting better with the goats I think as I get used to them I think.
Teleku
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: December 11, 2011, 03:20:25 PM

Hey Iain, got bb installed at my sisters place, but you went offline right as I was going to message you on steam, heh.  Message me on steam if you still want to play tonight.

-Stephen Colbert
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #22 on: December 11, 2011, 11:33:26 PM

Hey Iain, got bb installed at my sisters place, but you went offline right as I was going to message you on steam, heh.  Message me on steam if you still want to play tonight.

Yeah, I had some things come up so couldn't stay online as long as I expected. I'm around tonight and most nights this week if you are.

Gruntle
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: December 12, 2011, 01:22:46 PM

Proudft's Malevolent Mammals got die screwed to a 0-3 loss to Los Stupicabras.

The BBManager breakdown really shows the extent of Nuffle's interference; out of the 93 block dice they rolled Los Stupicabras received 25 defender-downs, whereas the Mammals rolled 104 dice and only managed 14 receiving instead a majority in both-downs (26). On the d6s, 11 out of the Mammals 52 rolls were 1s (to our 4 of 49) -- we both however got 11 6s, but this did mean Los Stupicabras were somehow playing a successful passing game while the Mammals were having difficulty picking up the ball.

However Proudft levels a goat and manages to keep one of my +ST goats out of the next game.

Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #24 on: December 12, 2011, 10:39:27 PM

Validated.  Lots of level-ups there.

Proudft:  You have 15 beastmen??!!

proudft
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: December 12, 2011, 10:56:14 PM

The more the merrier!
Teleku
Terracotta Army

Reply #26 on: December 13, 2011, 12:06:10 AM

Green Bray Alpacas | 0 - 2 | Goat Street Occupiers

Took a Wizard and a 2nd Apothecary as my inducements.

Victory to me, though it was a lot closer than the score says, and Iain played a very technically sound game.  First half I elected to receive, but of course he kicked the ball only 1 square across the goal line, got a blitz kick off event, ,managed to knock my defender out of the way, and surround the landing zone with his players.  His player catchers the kick.  Luckily for me, I manage to get a blitz on the ball carrier, knocking the ball loose, which bounces around till it lands behind my full line of men.  I'm able to push everybody away and cage up.  From there the first half consist of me trying to get through his defense as he keeps breaking my cages and forcing me to fall back.  In the end though, I manage to snake around the side and score on turn 8.

On the second half, he cages up early, with a big blob in the center and men pushed off to either side.  He was rolling pretty well for hit dice throughout the game, but had some bad luck here when he couldn't break through my defenses and just ket pushing people.  So he rams everybody in point blank one turn in a huge cage.  At this point I fire off one of the greatest fireballs, ever, and knock down all 5 Goats in the cage, Badly Injuring one.  With a bunch of my defenders standing there point blank, I'm able to pick up the ball and cage it in his back field.  Next turn I'm able to move the cage to the far back corner, throw up a screen of goats behind it, effectivly sealing it off from danger.  At his point IainC does that thing everybody loves so much about the game, and right off clicks on the end turn button while trying to select a goat.  With several of my goats left vulnerable in the last turn, I just run the ball in instantly rather than hold off and bash.

Iain only has a few turns left to score a conciliatory TD.  And through a series of horrible block dice and horrible rerolls on my part, is able to blow a hole in the line and push his cage in.  On the last turn, he has the chance to run the ball in with two GFI's, though has no re rolls left.  He decides to tempt fate however, and starts throwing blocks.  It works out for him as he takes out a few guys, but then accidentally moves a goat through a dodge, which it of course fails, ending the game before he can score.

Guy Here For Free Drugs Only is trying to keep suspicions down and gets himself up to 20 SPP, becoming my first level 3.

-Stephen Colbert
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #27 on: December 13, 2011, 12:17:57 AM

Teleku and I played early this morning. I was in a rush at the end to get to work so I don't remember what all the post match stuff was however the result was 2-0 to Teleku.

I kicked to him to start with and got a blitz which allwoed me to put a player under the ball with a partial cage around him. Despite that, Teleku managed to recover the ball and cage up around it. There was then a lot of back and forth where I forced his cage backwards a couple of times until he broke free on the last turn to score. Due to most of his KO'd players taking the opportunity to keep napping through half-time, he only had ten players on the pitch for the return kick but with only my turn to play, it made no real difference.

For the second half we were both back to full strength, I caught the ball close to the line of scrimmage and formed a loose cage expecting a fireball. Sure enough a couple of turns later, the blast came from the skies above hitting five out of the six beasts in the cage, stunning the ball carrier and Badly Hurting another. Teleku blitzed away the sole survivor, picked up the ball and got it out of danger. I stood up a bunch of guys, threw a lot of blocks with only pushes to show for it and Teleku went sideways out of range of anyone able to move. Somehow I managed to click the End Turn button before I'd done anything else that turn and Teleku was able to run in an uncontested second TD. I wouldn't have been able to blitz his ball carrier even if I hadn't fucked up but I might have put tacklezones on him and made him roll some dice at least.

There were about four turns left for a comeback and I managed to force my cage through a gap in Teleku's line with a clear run to the endzone for a consolation TD (requiring either 2 GFIs or a handoff to my +1Mv player and no GFIs). However a misclick on my last turn forced an unnecessary dodge which failed and ended the match.

Not my best game, given the stupid UI errors I made but Teleku deserved the win at the end.

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #28 on: December 13, 2011, 01:49:09 AM

Llyse hit me up whenever you see me on Steam for our game.

proudft
Terracotta Army

Reply #29 on: December 13, 2011, 02:01:07 PM

Must be for Gruntle, I only had one.   My Kick-Off Return beastman rolled doubles and took Pass.  Now I have TWO pass beastmen, look out!

Gruntle
Terracotta Army

Reply #30 on: December 13, 2011, 03:06:47 PM

Must be for Gruntle, I only had one.   My Kick-Off Return beastman rolled doubles and took Pass.  Now I have TWO pass beastmen, look out!

Uh, yeah -- I leveled two goats: the goat with the extra arm now also has dodge, and almost half the team (six of the goats) have been stricken with an appearance most foul*...

[*Ingmar was right though, maths-wise, dodge is just better than Foul Appearance]
Llyse
Terracotta Army

Calvin and Hobbes are back to maul the fuck outta you.

Reply #31 on: December 13, 2011, 03:08:06 PM

Llyse hit me up whenever you see me on Steam for our game.

Definitely Mr Commissioner. I'm about 8 hours ahead (GMT +9) but hopefully will catch you on the weekend when I get back from the slopes.  awesome, for real
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #32 on: December 14, 2011, 03:37:53 PM

Weekend might be too late for the deadline, unless Ruvaldt stretches it. I'll be more than available tomorrow, around your not too late nighttime. 1am? Or my midnight, which should be your 8am. Is it a possibility?

Llyse
Terracotta Army

Calvin and Hobbes are back to maul the fuck outta you.

Reply #33 on: December 14, 2011, 05:28:50 PM

Late in the night tonight sounds good.

Looking for you Midnight GMT +9 Friday which is your Thursday 4pm.
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #34 on: December 14, 2011, 10:05:46 PM

Avaia, it is now well after the weekend and I am free at any time over the next two days.  Name your time!

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Horns & Hooves *Season 2* Day Four  
Jump to: