Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 09:39:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: DCUO- will be out November 2. Can apply for beta on main site now. 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 Go Down Print
Author Topic: DCUO- will be out November 2. Can apply for beta on main site now.  (Read 304153 times)
Dren
Terracotta Army

Reply #980 on: November 11, 2011, 10:59:45 AM

Character power directly tied to achievement hunting? fuck, i know some people who would be gods at this game.

I didn't know this, and normally I hate having to hunt achiev's.  In this game though, it just seems like you get an achievement for existing every 5 minutes.  Of course, you'll have those ultra achievers that have to get 2x more than you regardless of the count.
Minvaren
Terracotta Army

Reply #981 on: November 11, 2011, 11:13:23 AM

Character power directly tied to achievement hunting? fuck, i know some people who would be gods at this game.

Note to self : get more achievements.   DRILLING AND MANLINESS

Enjoyed the full level the game gave me for exploring the klein bottle known as the Watchtower, though...   awesome, for real ACK! awesome, for real

"There are many things of which a wise man might wish to remain ignorant." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #982 on: November 11, 2011, 11:31:53 AM

I didn't know this, and normally I hate having to hunt achiev's.  In this game though, it just seems like you get an achievement for existing every 5 minutes.  Of course, you'll have those ultra achievers that have to get 2x more than you regardless of the count.

I just found out myself, you get 1 skill point per 100 achievement points.  Some people have upwards of 80 skill points, you only get 15 for leveling.

I am the .00000001428%
Scold
Terracotta Army

Reply #983 on: November 11, 2011, 12:34:25 PM

I found it much easier to play with a controller if that's any help. 

Definitely this.  Game is loads better with an xbox controller.

The controller might literally sprout money as I play and I wouldn't care, I just want to use the exact same keybinds I use in every single MMO to date. WADZXC, with X as backwards, and Z and C being the strafe keys.  Nice and simple.  The same arrangement I used in CoH and CO.
Dren
Terracotta Army

Reply #984 on: November 12, 2011, 03:41:05 AM

I just found out myself, you get 1 skill point per 100 achievement points.  Some people have upwards of 80 skill points, you only get 15 for leveling.

Wow, that's good to know...  Guess using a lot of alts will get slowed down a good deal due to this.  Skill points are quite important.  Dang.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #985 on: November 12, 2011, 06:42:46 PM

If you are getting capped in cash a good way to spend it is buying the vendor items you haven't collected yet for the style feats, i assume the haircuts in your hq work as well.

I am the .00000001428%
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #986 on: November 14, 2011, 11:31:20 PM

Yeah, it's a fun game if you don't worry about end game tier gear at all. In fact, this is the most casual friendly MMO I've played ever. I really want to play all the archetype and see how they play out. Lv 30 in a week, another L20 in the works...started another with L10. Bought Green Lantern DLC...this is good stuff. And I only spent $10. Good deal IMO.

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
Minvaren
Terracotta Army

Reply #987 on: November 15, 2011, 03:31:17 PM

1 GB patch out of nowhere....

Patch notes do mention a "Zod Raid," though...   Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

"There are many things of which a wise man might wish to remain ignorant." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #988 on: November 15, 2011, 03:40:23 PM

Can i go kneel before him?

I am the .00000001428%
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #989 on: November 16, 2011, 05:56:12 PM

This game's kinda harsh on end-game raid. Heh.

I made some heroes. I didn't go Villain cause there's too little players there, hard to get world raid etc done when I login.

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
Minvaren
Terracotta Army

Reply #990 on: November 20, 2011, 09:02:34 AM

Ok, so I located in very tiny print in a FAQ page that you can't advance past 30 unless you pay.

With as much time as I've put into this game in two weeks, I figure they deserve some cash (and I need moar levelz).  However, the way they have the cash shop set up is confusing, unless you're just trying to buy the DLC or go premium.  Also, you appear to be able to add SC with Paypal, but you can't buy the DLC with Paypal?  Head scratch

Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #991 on: November 20, 2011, 11:50:43 AM

Uh... 30 is max level.

I am the .00000001428%
Minvaren
Terracotta Army

Reply #992 on: November 20, 2011, 11:55:12 AM

...well, that answers that.   awesome, for real  Had thought it was 40, for some reason.

Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #993 on: November 20, 2011, 03:01:33 PM

Managed to install this son of a bitch. Only had time to watch the intro movie.

Wow. I'd watch that movie.

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #994 on: November 20, 2011, 03:11:28 PM

I haven't kept up with this. I thought it was decent enough, for an MMO (at least on PS3, where options are lacking).

I lost interest simply because of the PSN hacking issue actually.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
UnSub
Contributor

Reply #995 on: November 20, 2011, 05:07:08 PM

Managed to install this son of a bitch. Only had time to watch the intro movie.

Wow. I'd watch that movie.

Hunt down the post-release movie as well. I'm not sure they actually linked that in-game.

Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #996 on: November 20, 2011, 07:05:34 PM

I actually really like this on PS3, just to play casually.  I'm up around lvl 12 with a fire tank solo build, just tooling around.  I strongly recommend going to the PvP server, as it really adds a randomness to the game that I find enjoyable.  Can't imagine I'd want to raid or anything, but a wide open world of lvl 30 PvP with objectives like WoW's Tol Barad, or something, would be really fun.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #997 on: November 21, 2011, 05:15:56 AM

This really is the most casual MMO ever.  I've been playing for a couple weeks and I'm level 30 with 45 or so skill points without really focusing on getting achievements other than some very low hanging fruit like explorations and races.  Also "Legends" pvp is a great fucking idea more MMOs need to adopt.

I am the .00000001428%
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #998 on: November 21, 2011, 08:43:11 AM

My only complaint about Legends is that there's no training for them.  The only way to learn is to play the toon, so PUGs are 3 Robins jumping around like idiots and 1 other player who somewhat knows what they are doing.  I agree though, it really is a great idea.  Normalizes the fun.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #999 on: November 21, 2011, 09:16:25 AM

Yeah, that is a valid concern specially since you can't even read the descriptions of your powers.

I am the .00000001428%
Minvaren
Terracotta Army

Reply #1000 on: November 25, 2011, 05:49:42 AM

...so is it just me, or are the L30 "solo missions" (the ones without badgers) not exactly meant to be soloed?  At least without getting a couple dozen more skill points, in any case.

Tried to run a few over the last few days, and each one turns into "10 L30s jump you at once" at the end of them.

Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #1001 on: November 25, 2011, 07:42:41 PM

I don't recall having a problem, i even did a couple of the duo ones alone.  Don't use pvp gear if you are, buy a set of the faction armor that costs 1 mark each per pieces if you dont have it.  And how many skill points are we talking about? i had about 40 when i hit 30.

I am the .00000001428%
Minvaren
Terracotta Army

Reply #1002 on: November 26, 2011, 08:13:18 AM

Heh, that's probably it - only have 23 skill points at present.  Working on exploration/mission feats here and there to bring that up.

Forgot to look at the vendor stuff as well, will check that out.  Thanks!

Dren
Terracotta Army

Reply #1003 on: November 28, 2011, 09:48:24 AM

I'm normally one that would go PvE server in other MMO's, but this one really requires it IMO.  It is so casual for levelling and questing, being diverted for a bit to fight off roving PvP'ers is a GOOD thing.  The only drawback is getting the occasional bored lvl 30 that is geared to the teeth running around blasting lowbies.  Just avoid them after you rez or go to a different area to continue lvl'ing.  It really isn't a problem in this game.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #1004 on: November 29, 2011, 07:53:54 AM

This game is incredibly fun and has the best combat system of any mmo yet, and every main storyline quest and cut scene is voice acted and yet nobody ever mentions that.  I am seriously reconsidering my swtor preorder just because i am completely engrossed in this game.

I am the .00000001428%
Kail
Terracotta Army

Reply #1005 on: November 29, 2011, 10:18:56 AM

Yah, really enjoying this game.  Is there an F13 guild or Superfriend Squad or whatever they're called?  Since there's only one server, it should be fairly easy to find each other.

I grabbed the Green Lantern pack, and am enjoying the hell out of throwing Doom Train at everyone, but the powers descriptions keep going on about "Construct Combos" which I have no idea what they are, or how to do them.  Is there some documentation for this, or something?  I can't even find any info on it on the wiki, it just lists attacks.
Dren
Terracotta Army

Reply #1006 on: November 29, 2011, 12:49:30 PM

I hadn't mentioned the graphics, voice acting, and cut scenes just because I thought that was covered.  Yeah, it is really the best I've seen for an MMO yet.  I'm partial to the hero and villain storylines though, so it really grabs me.  I'm finding myself doing the age old "Just one more mission...."

The missions really push me to do both villain and hero characters too.  You get to see completely different sides of each general area from a different perspective.  I have to say I haven't seen an MMO let you play the true villain like this game though.  The closest I can compare is the DK opening quests in WoW, but you eventually "see the light."  In this game, you make evil doing a lifestyle.  You get into some pretty messed up situations.

I have noticed the "guild" system in this game is not very user friendly.  I too have had no luck in finding a group and would be interested if one starts up here.  I'm not for raiding much, but some general pvp and lower requirement lvl 30 instances would be cool.  The kind of stuff you can just fall into each night on a whim.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #1007 on: November 29, 2011, 01:30:55 PM

The missions really push me to do both villain and hero characters too.  You get to see completely different sides of each general area from a different perspective.  I have to say I haven't seen an MMO let you play the true villain like this game though.  The closest I can compare is the DK opening quests in WoW, but you eventually "see the light."  In this game, you make evil doing a lifestyle.  You get into some pretty messed up situations.

I even started to *like* some of the villains.  Calculator is just fucking cool and i actually didn't want to let Lex Luthor down.  Harley is obviously adorable too.

I am the .00000001428%
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #1008 on: November 29, 2011, 01:36:43 PM

I grabbed the Green Lantern pack, and am enjoying the hell out of throwing Doom Train at everyone, but the powers descriptions keep going on about "Construct Combos" which I have no idea what they are, or how to do them.  Is there some documentation for this, or something?  I can't even find any info on it on the wiki, it just lists attacks.

This are actually described right there in each power.  For example just tapping your melee attack button will combo chainsaw unto itself so you can spam the same power five times, chainsaw also combos into minigun by doing a range button hold and i think minigun goes into whip lash by tapping melee attack.  So if you cast chainsaw and do five melee taps one range hold and three melee taps you'll get five chainsaws one minigun and three whip lashes.  The comboed moves don't apply any power specific effects though, you have to use the actual power to get those, also they do white damage so they are affected by precision not might.  They also don't cost any power.  Apparently there are ways to do infinite combos described on youtube.

I am the .00000001428%
Kail
Terracotta Army

Reply #1009 on: November 29, 2011, 02:19:34 PM

(Construct Combo stuff)

Ah, I see, thanks.  I wasn't getting that they were all tied to specific powers, I just assumed that once I had Boxing I'd be able to do the Boxing combo.  It looks like a lot of these combos require talents in both trees, is it viable to spec like that?  I assumed this was like LoL or WoW where you focus heavily on one tree or gimp yourself.

Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #1010 on: November 29, 2011, 02:41:42 PM

No, not at all, most people pick and choose powers from both trees.  You also end up with way more than the 6 you can slot in your bars though so having some points left over to grab the passive boosts from the iconic powers is good.  Oh one more thing about the contruct combos, you need to have the actual power to combo into so if you want to do a chainsaw minigun whip lash combo you need to have purchased all three powers, but you do NOT have to have them loaded on your bar to combo into them.

I am the .00000001428%
UnSub
Contributor

Reply #1011 on: November 29, 2011, 10:38:31 PM

In this game, you make evil doing a lifestyle.  You get into some pretty messed up situations.

You can push civillians to their deaths if you find them on top of tall buildings. I thought that was pretty cold.

Spiff
Terracotta Army

Reply #1012 on: November 30, 2011, 02:34:35 AM

This game is incredibly fun and has the best combat system of any mmo yet, and every main storyline quest and cut scene is voice acted and yet nobody ever mentions that.  I am seriously reconsidering my swtor preorder just because i am completely engrossed in this game.

Nice city design as well (cool to see actual sky-craper sized buildings for once).

Quick question though: how long have you been playing?
I like the game quite a bit myself (might not say the best MMO combat system evah, but it's definitely up there), but it's limited, still.
I've had a level 30 villian and hero for a few weeks now (after a bit over a month of very casual play and a bunch of alts) and ... I'm over it.
It's pretty much just rerunning old instances as far as I can tell and grinding armor just feels wrong in this.

Alts don't offer that much either; there is some variation on powersets/weapons but too little to hook me and not enough content to follow a completely new path or anything.
It's definitely a game I'll revisit once in a while, but far too shallow to hold my attention long-term.

Another one on the 'close-but-no-sigar-list' for me.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #1013 on: November 30, 2011, 05:21:11 AM

A bit over a month i think, about a week after it went free.  I don't really farm old instances, i play for pvp where the combat shines.  I assume it will get old eventually the same way street fighter did, but right now i am having a lot fun learning the system.

I am the .00000001428%
Dren
Terracotta Army

Reply #1014 on: November 30, 2011, 09:10:00 AM

A bit over a month i think, about a week after it went free.  I don't really farm old instances, i play for pvp where the combat shines.  I assume it will get old eventually the same way street fighter did, but right now i am having a lot fun learning the system.

Same for me.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: DCUO- will be out November 2. Can apply for beta on main site now.  
Jump to: