Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 01, 2024, 02:43:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: War 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 208 209 [210] 211 212 ... 233 Go Down Print
Author Topic: War  (Read 1994307 times)
Terracotta Army

Reply #7315 on: July 13, 2010, 05:22:27 AM

the region is Deklein.

Were I still in Goons I'd have now gone full circle from back when I was in FLA
Stabs
Terracotta Army

Reply #7316 on: July 13, 2010, 08:57:09 AM

but no: the region is Deklein.

Oh that's hilarious. We're busily running away from you and failcascading in response to an invasion that isn't actually happening.
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #7317 on: July 13, 2010, 10:57:19 AM

but no: the region is Deklein.

Oh that's hilarious. We're busily running away from you and failcascading in response to an invasion that isn't actually happening.

We deliberately kept that murky for a while, but the Russians are a more pressing issue in the region vis-a-vis actual territory.

My blog: http://endie.net

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
Stabs
Terracotta Army

Reply #7318 on: July 13, 2010, 12:31:09 PM

Oh my, you started a two front war with the Russians and it's working?
Meester
Terracotta Army

Reply #7319 on: July 13, 2010, 04:50:58 PM

Please take Cache. Too long have the innocent civilians of Cache been under the thumb of the red terror (actually NC goes through Geminate etc and GoonNCLegion goes through Cache etc and everyone meets in the middle of the drone regions and shake hands ^-^).
« Last Edit: July 13, 2010, 05:07:22 PM by Meester »
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #7320 on: July 24, 2010, 07:17:15 AM

Ushra'Khan get's Hagg'orthed. Hydra Reloaded takes all their sov in Providence. Grand Admiral Buttercakes not available for comment. I wounder if CVA is going to retake their old space back. The NC just conveniently moved down now there last week too. 

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
Pezzle
Terracotta Army

Reply #7321 on: July 24, 2010, 07:41:56 AM

I never like it when this type of thing happens.  Oh well.  UK certainly spies on forums and comms so they are fair game I guess.  It still bothers me though.  This is certainly not the type of EVE I sign up for.   
Stabs
Terracotta Army

Reply #7322 on: July 24, 2010, 08:47:57 AM

I've spent a hilarious afternoon with Hydra.

I have been introducing two friends to the game over the last week, culminating in today's invasion of Providence. We joined a corp a week ago that is part of the magnificent onslaught.

We heroically attempted to fly to 9UY only to discover a gate camp who were wondering why Santa was littering all these solo Rifters and Drakes 5 months early. I managed to burn back to the gate with 60% structure and my friend received a Learning Experience (tm).

After about an hour we managed to get started and assaulted a POS in XHQ owned by Sodalitas. We were ineffectively harassed by some astonishingly incompetent stealth bombers who hadn't figured out that posturing up unstealthed in the POS isn't the best way to prepare for a surprise assault. The POS actually did pretty well against us, killing 3 while our 7 logistics were wondering how to work their overviews.

We then had a fight where I managed to point and do some light dps to three of the primaries before getting killed. One of my friends got his ship killed by the POS just before the fight and was re-shipping when it all kicked off. He was so excited he came back to help us without guns. It's the thought that counts. The other one got rather lost by all the things on his overview. "Are we shooting the purple guys?" and "Would it be easier if I just shot drones?" were questions I adroitly fielded while dodging enemy fire. I also tried to explain how to set up a special pvp overview tab mid-fight but in the excitement I may have made it a bit complicated for him because he's gone to lie down.

We're scheduled to keep going until 22.00 Eve time. Half of the corps in the alliance are week old corps currently spamming the recruitment channel so if anyone wants to come just ask in there.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2010, 08:51:08 AM by Stabs »
Kageru
Terracotta Army

Reply #7323 on: July 24, 2010, 09:16:53 AM

It confuses me why there's not some protection (eg. majority of directors need to approve the action, 24 hour delay) against that sort of thing. Unless CCP enjoys watching it happen. It just puts way too much power in the hands of one person.

Or a more moderate version allow each corporation to hold Sov over a portion of the alliances space so that such betrayal is minimized and done by people you probably had an opportunity to know.

Is a man not entitled to the hurf of his durf?
- Simond
Pezzle
Terracotta Army

Reply #7324 on: July 24, 2010, 09:23:42 AM

CCP enjoys watching it happen.

They also make money off of it, think of all those extra accounts and alts.  Fixing it would require effort and accountability. 
Stabs
Terracotta Army

Reply #7325 on: July 24, 2010, 11:02:30 AM

Awesome afternoon!

My friends wilted one by one under the strain. I have 6 kills, have lost 3 Rifters and 2 pods and I got the killing blow on a pod and a Rapier. I even got 10K isk from Concord in bounty money.

We may be calling it a day as the FC is rather exhausted. It's been a success for us and I'm sure a lot of new people to 0,0 will be back for more.

We seem to have fought half of Eve - AAA, Razor, GC, - but that's partly due to an attitude of it was in front of us we attacked it.

Regarding UK and the Haargothing I love that whole side of the game. It was partly the dismantling of Bob and the Mittani's Ten Ton Hammer column that got me into Eve. I find that whole aspect fascinating and much more immersive than Warsong bloody Gulch number nine thousand eight hundred and fifty-two.
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #7326 on: July 24, 2010, 02:35:21 PM

Ushra'Khan get's Hagg'orthed. Hydra Reloaded takes all their sov in Providence. Grand Admiral Buttercakes not available for comment. I wounder if CVA is going to retake their old space back. The NC just conveniently moved down now there last week too.  
Couldn't have happened to a nicer bunch of arseholes. Now watch -A- shit themselves and zerg the fuck out of Provi.

Again.

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
Kovacs
Terracotta Army

Reply #7327 on: July 24, 2010, 03:45:31 PM

Couldn't have happened to a nicer bunch of arseholes. Now watch -A- sit back and wait for the 'good fights' to come to them

Again.

Better.
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #7328 on: July 24, 2010, 07:23:42 PM

IT has decided to evict the AAA renters from Querious and attacked 3 CSAA's in the process. I'm sure it's not serious and won't go past Querious, even if AAA is busy to their north.

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
setar
Terracotta Army

Reply #7329 on: July 24, 2010, 08:21:37 PM

Laughable, sorry. When CVA lost Sov everyone, including U'K, pledged support and didn't even think of taking advantage of the situation. Now CVA, the roleplaying alliance, anchors POS the minute the alliance is disbanded?

EVE - Yalson [BDCI] [-A-]
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #7330 on: July 24, 2010, 08:31:14 PM

CVA lost their sov due to an exploit and CCP restored it shortly after.  In this case it was a legitimate infiltration as far as anyone can tell.  I also feel like if it had happened to CVA two months after they initially ousted Ushra'Khan, U'K might not have been feeling so benevolent.
setar
Terracotta Army

Reply #7331 on: July 24, 2010, 08:34:23 PM

The offer for help came in way before anyone had the faintest idea what happened to CVA. Your call, of course, just severely disappointed.

Pezzle
Terracotta Army

Reply #7332 on: July 24, 2010, 09:39:11 PM

Hey, I am not thrilled about this situation either, it is a bad way to go.  It is important to note the distinct differences in the situations though.  CCP investigated and determined we were hacked.  The investigation happened so rapidly we were reformed over the first downtime and no territory was lost as a result (if I remember correctly).  In the case of UK it seems a hostile takeover.  What is the difference?  In one case CCP restored the situation, in the other they will not. 

Now, I am not sitting around getting a blow by blow but I do not think we are making plays for the UK space.  Are we supposed to sit on the sidelines while Hydra and UK fight over the space?  Are we supposed to leave Providence?  Are we allowed to fight C02 and Agony and whoever else is in Providence?  This is not simply a matter of waiting for the situation to rectify itself. 

What exactly is it that CVA is supposed to do?  We did not make this happen, we cannot ignore the events that happen in our own home.  We are continuing to fight for Providence.  I would be very curious to know how our detractors expect us to handle this situation.  Invade pure blind? 
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #7333 on: July 25, 2010, 01:22:55 AM

It confuses me why there's not some protection (eg. majority of directors need to approve the action, 24 hour delay) against that sort of thing. Unless CCP enjoys watching it happen. It just puts way too much power in the hands of one person.

Or a more moderate version allow each corporation to hold Sov over a portion of the alliances space so that such betrayal is minimized and done by people you probably had an opportunity to know.

I want to say that there is that protection, but most people turn it off since it makes day to day running terribly inefficient or something. That, or they believe "surely this will never happen to US!"

But the last time I looked at a EVE Corp permissions settings, my head exploded, so grains of salt and etc.

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #7334 on: July 25, 2010, 03:55:34 AM

The offer for help came in way before anyone had the faintest idea what happened to CVA. Your call, of course, just severely disappointed.

UK owe (owed) their space to AAA, who merrily penetrated CVA comms, forums and corps for years.  I suppose that the term UK should think most apposite would involve lying down with dogs and getting fleas.

Anyway, why did Manny resign?  There's almost always some degree of internal pressure in these things (when things are going well on the home front people tend not to feel prone to resigning), but what was involved in this one?

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
setar
Terracotta Army

Reply #7335 on: July 25, 2010, 06:00:14 AM

Manny stepped in when -A- was about to crumble (many folks leaving to Darkside, russian leadership disappearing, the whole thing). He was extremely active in the beginning, particular during the events with GS in Querious, but burnt out rather quickly for all kinds of reasons. Time commitment to the game gets huge at that level, and I think it quickly became obvious he just wouldn't be able to keep of for long.

He actually stuck around much, much longer than any sane person should, but it took a long time before someone else volunteered to try and give the alliance a stronger sense of direction again. As someone said on our forum, Kir, you poor bastard.

And Pezzle, good points, I suppose. As CVA I'd probably at least not gotten involved -- might have been easier to get the space from Hydra later on as a fair amount of people would have been willing to help you kick out the metagamers. Might be wishful thinking, though.

Phildo
Contributor

Reply #7336 on: July 25, 2010, 06:29:14 AM

Kick out the metagamers and who would be left?
Pezzle
Terracotta Army

Reply #7337 on: July 25, 2010, 07:36:52 AM

We are not involved in any major extent Setar.  Since it is impossible to not be involved at all I think we are being as fair as possible.  As an organization of people this is not what we wanted.  As Amarrians our characters are not hung up about it.  I have personally told UK about attempts to access their info (private forums/voice) in the past. 

Are we supposed to attack Hydra now because they took over a group we were trying to oust?  Lets say we did that and lets say we simply flattened them.  Do we then give those stations back to UK?    Even if that were possible, who knows what Providence would look like by that time?  This is not something that can be solved by us doing nothing at all or guarding some sov claiming modules while a bug is fixed.  And honestly, siding with UK against Hydra in this situation would be totally insane.

We may not like it, we have to lump it.
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #7338 on: July 26, 2010, 01:43:45 PM

Looks like the drone Russians finally got fed up with Bobby Atlas.

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
Stabs
Terracotta Army

Reply #7339 on: July 26, 2010, 01:56:05 PM

It's seemed pretty quiet for war since NC v SC and the invasion of CVA just beforeTyrannis. Does it seem like the natural cycle of nullsec is swinging around to an month of immense violence again?
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #7340 on: July 26, 2010, 02:00:00 PM

RA and xXDeathXx had stalled out during their assault on C-J over a week ago.  However, White Noise has lately shown up in the region and between the three of them they've assembled a ridiculous supercap blob.

11 Aeons, 34 Nyx, 4 Erebus, 4 Rag, 5 Avatar, 1 Hel, 1 Levi

http://www.kugutsumen.com/showthread.php?6579-Insmother&p=102857&viewfull=1#post102857
Gets
Terracotta Army

Reply #7341 on: July 27, 2010, 01:59:44 PM

C-J Local has reached 900+ now, with some ~~heavy spatial distortion~~ being felt around the map because of it.
Stabs
Terracotta Army

Reply #7342 on: July 27, 2010, 09:33:02 PM

Ha ha, that "heavy spatial distortion" thing - are they trying to make lag into a roleplay plot device now?
Kageru
Terracotta Army

Reply #7343 on: July 27, 2010, 10:02:34 PM

The CCP forums are so amusing. I've never seen a development house with so little clue or cohesion in the message they are putting across. The "iterative development" thread successfully reduced the tolerance and optimism of the forum reading user base and then they have the courage to ask forum users to vote for them as Best Online Game in the European Games Award.

Also C0nvicted appears to have imploded... not that anyone would care I imagine but they were the only primarily Australian alliance I'd seen in game.

- Simond
Trigona
Terracotta Army

Reply #7344 on: July 28, 2010, 04:42:34 AM

There is a well known aussie alliance that is an IT pet  http://evemaps.dotlan.net/corp/ANZAC_ALLIANCE
Phred
Terracotta Army

Reply #7345 on: July 28, 2010, 04:57:09 AM

There is a well known aussie alliance that is an IT pet  http://evemaps.dotlan.net/corp/ANZAC_ALLIANCE

He probably meant all aussies as anzac is  the  Australian and New Zealand Army Corps or so my google foo tells me.
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #7346 on: July 28, 2010, 05:16:33 AM

Technically they are a part of IT Alliance which fails to log in.  Pretty much the worst corp in IT for a while, and they are up against some pretty stiff competition there.

Twitter - Endieposts

Kageru
Terracotta Army

Reply #7347 on: July 28, 2010, 06:34:50 AM

There's a couple of aussie corporations. Metalworks in ME, Anzac alliance in IT and one empire industrial whose name I forget. But C0nvicted was an aussie centric alliance... though they recruited on the basis of low-sec PvP rather than SoV holding.

Didn't know Anzac-Alliance was regarded that poorly.

Looking at the Dot-lan maps is great for making you realize just how many small corporations there are in the game.

- Simond
MahrinSkel
Terracotta Army

When she crossed over, she was just a ship. But when she came back... she was bullshit!

Reply #7348 on: July 28, 2010, 12:58:21 PM

Anzac was pretty strong for a while (they siphoned up all the FIX aussies and kiwis as that alliance went through a death spiral).  But they were beat on pretty hard against the Russians (they'd be just about ready to call it a night when the Russians would pull their infamous Breakfast Club log-in attacks, and ANZAC would take the brunt).  Being in your power bloc's weakest time window is generally not fun.

--Dave

--Signature Unclear
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #7349 on: July 28, 2010, 05:14:46 PM

In other war news The player base attacks CCP again when they asked the players to vote for Eve Online for Best Online Game...

I tried to vote, but first it said that there had been more than 200 votes cast already and locked up for half an hour before it loaded the page. Then I had to press the vote button about forty times before it registered, at which point it stopped responding and just kept trying to vote solidly for 45 minutes. Fortunately, none of them counted apparently, as I started bouncing back and forth between the poll page and the link that got me to it for about half an hour before my browser went black, my iPhone went on fire and I went to bed.

I complained that they'd not counted my vote for excellent space MMO Eve Online but they said that their records showed nothing and that it was my own fault for trying to vote in the same poll as more than thirty other people.

Kill mail:
2010.07.28 10:56:26

Victim: EVE Online
Corp: Crowd Control Publications
Alliance: NONE
Faction: NONE
Destroyed: Faith
System: Broken
Security: 1.0
Damage Taken: 60,453
Involved parties:

Name: EVE Playerbase (laid the final blow)
Security: 5.0
Corp: Various
Alliance: Crusaders for Excellence
Faction: NONE
Ship: Subscription
Weapon: Subscription Cancelling Autocannon II
Damage Done: 60,453

Destroyed items:

Reputation II
Customer Satisfaction I (Qty. 4)

Dropped items:

Ball
« Last Edit: July 28, 2010, 05:24:22 PM by Comstar »

Pages: 1 ... 208 209 [210] 211 212 ... 233 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: War  
Jump to: