Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 05:47:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: War 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 233 Go Down Print
Author Topic: War  (Read 1971247 times)
Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #3150 on: November 25, 2008, 02:16:13 AM

BoBs plans to fight good fights against goon shaped pieces of empty space is going swimmingly. Shrike/Mollie proved his superior skills at PVP by losing his alt's Arazu to a Goonie T1 drone cruiser packing t1 drones.

http://killboard.goonfleet.com/km/265897

Nice

It was a cyno ship.

I'm going to escape, come back, wipe this place off the face of the Earth, obliterate it and you with it.
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #3151 on: November 25, 2008, 02:18:10 AM

Indeed, at his own POS.

My blog: http://endie.net

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
FatuousTwat
Terracotta Army

Reply #3152 on: November 25, 2008, 03:31:10 AM

During the Delve campaign, we named that blob "Lady Scarlet", after the fat attention-whore of the same name who commanded Bob fleets with alarming incompetence.  Eventualy, CCP made it bannable to mention her name in association with size in local, on the forums etc...

Are you fucking joking?

CCP never ceases to amaze me.

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
Pax
Terracotta Army

Reply #3153 on: November 25, 2008, 03:43:29 AM

During the Delve campaign, we named that blob "Lady Scarlet", after the fat attention-whore of the same name who commanded Bob fleets with alarming incompetence.  Eventualy, CCP made it bannable to mention her name in association with size in local, on the forums etc...

Are you fucking joking?

I'm sure they aren't doing this out of charity and sympathy for a woman of questionable attraction...

Mia san de Borg. Aichan Widastaund keannt's aich ind' Hoar schmian.
Pezzle
Terracotta Army

Reply #3154 on: November 25, 2008, 08:39:19 AM

Atlas is back AGAIN (round 4 I believe).  So far they are fielding missile boats.  While not dealing with region security some Providence people have started camping HED again.  We can score a few kills, and today it paid off with an AAA Obelisk. 

Sometimes the night crew runs down to Curse, shooting up the various scum.  What an amazing assortment of people down there...
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #3155 on: November 25, 2008, 10:29:40 AM

Are you fucking joking?

On the bright side, T20 quit (or "quit", depending on who you listen to) - http://www.linkedin.com/pub/4/a55/76

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
Terracotta Army

Reply #3156 on: November 25, 2008, 11:43:38 AM

On the bright side, T20 quit (or "quit", depending on who you listen to) - http://www.linkedin.com/pub/4/a55/76

Isn't that actually bad news though? (if memory serves CCP couldn't/wouldn't sack him after the T2 BPO incident because of something like him being a shareholder and/or one of their code gurus?)
Jayce
Terracotta Army

Diluted Fool

Reply #3157 on: November 25, 2008, 11:46:43 AM

GUI Software Developer
CCP

I don't know that I would put that on my resume.

Witty banter not included.
TripleDES
Terracotta Army

Reply #3158 on: November 25, 2008, 11:49:57 AM

Senior Web Engineer at Realtime Worlds? Is he going to fuck up APB now?

EVE (inactive): Deakin Frost -- APB (fukken dead): Kayleigh (on Patriot).
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #3159 on: November 25, 2008, 12:13:30 PM

GUI Software Developer
CCP

I don't know that I would put that on my resume.

Wow, so not only was he a cheater but he also sucked at his job.

Over and out.
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #3160 on: November 25, 2008, 02:52:21 PM

Stain, Coven, AAA and all the other GBC pets brought well over 400 people to VNG, including three titans, 60 dreads and 40 carriers.  They killed a POS before Euros were even home, but then in early euro but dead centre Russian prime we went in, cleared them out, utterly destroyed them (to the point where they were ctrl-Qing carriers so we only caught the last few), and now we have the system to do what we like with.

Superb work from my fellow Scot The Slayer caught the whole Stain fleet of 120 in a bubble miles off the VNG gate to let us fuck AAA first, then we bubbled their carriers well away from their battleship fleet to stop them repping, tore up the Stain then AAA battle fleets before clearing stuff up and popping the last carriers.

I honestly thought that engaging outnumbered would see us destroyed: I had four ships in place ready to jump into.  This was not necessary: I imagine I'll be on 20+ kills, but it would have been hugely more if my guns hadn't gone bugged so often (solution now found) leading me to relog four times.  Still, when it reached almost 1000 in local it was amazing the node just stayed up.

Now The Mittani is on TS, the Picard song is playing and all in the world is happy.

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
Sparky
Terracotta Army

Reply #3161 on: November 25, 2008, 03:36:14 PM

If you keep this up BoB's roadtrip to support AAA will be shorter than their LV excursion.
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #3162 on: November 25, 2008, 04:55:31 PM

Now now. BOB did send some support to AAA and peeps for this battle.

Here is the full list of the mighty fleet they send, that terrified our fleet when it met us in glorious battle

http://killboard.goonfleet.com/km/266242
« Last Edit: November 26, 2008, 12:07:46 PM by Sir T »

Hic sunt dracones.
sanctuary
Terracotta Army

Reply #3163 on: November 26, 2008, 04:01:57 AM

We need more glorious propaganda from goons and co like the brilliant razor stuff. Oh the irony  Heart
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #3164 on: November 26, 2008, 06:56:08 AM

We need more glorious propaganda from goons and co like the brilliant razor stuff. Oh the irony  Heart

Well, I like this one.

I don't know if they'll pick fights with any of the parties to the current conflict, but if they do, someone is fucked.  If they were to pick on us I'd be a lot more worried than I am by Bob (who we've beaten before) or the bonded-by-their-loathing-of-each-other AAA/SE/Coven/R.O/BCDI.

Not that I'm pretending that all of that lot together shouldn't be able to force us into that nice, convenient, nearby NPC space eventually.  I'm not one of the Goons who hopes for that (though there are a lot who do), nor do i think it likely, but I wonder if our new neighbours have really thought through what the consequences for them of their winning would be.

Anyway, the excuses from Evil Thug are becoming a trifle funny.  Last night, they had half the people in a 1000-person system.  He is claiming to have had only 220, as an excuse for their annihilation.  This is impressive, since AAA's own KB (which, remember, only shows the AAA losses, and only about 80% of those judging by my own killboard) shows them with 429 on their side, which doesn't include about half the Stain fleet who we killed next door, and a bunch of them that just never got on any kills and managed to escape (30-odd dreads, a couple of dozen carriers and three titans for starters).

Our numbers were inflated by multiple appearances from people like tacklers and dictor pilots who just jumped into the next ship and got straight back in.

Edit: fixed awful grammar.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2008, 07:08:26 AM by Endie »

Twitter - Endieposts

Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #3165 on: November 26, 2008, 09:22:08 AM

Christ. CCP Navigator shows his lack of history/Novels/Eve 0.0 Warfare:

Darius JOHNSON
Amarr
GoonFleet
GoonSwarm    
Posted - 2008.11.26 15:49:00 - [1]
Always before setting forth it has been my custom to wind my horn that the enemies of Goondor may beware.

http://www.griefgaming.com/images/goondor.jpg

~*~*~*~*~*~*~ TOOOOOOT!!! ~*~*~*~*~*~*~

We are truth-speakers, we men of Goondor. We boast seldom, and then perform, or die in the attempt. Not if I found it on the highway would I take it I said. Even if I were such a man as to desire this thing, and even though I knew not clearly what this thing was when I spoke, still I should take those words as a vow, and be held by them.

Thou hast been warned. Our armies are on the march and our vengeance will be terrible.

CCP Navigator
Minmatar
C C P
Posted - 2008.11.26 16:25:00 - [28]

This thread is not even EVE related.

Please refrain from posting spam.

I sent in a petition complain about it, but I expect nothing to happen.

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
Vedi
Terracotta Army

Reply #3166 on: November 26, 2008, 09:35:00 AM

Heh. Would it be too much to ask for the CAOD moderators to at least know the names of the leaders of the major alliances?
TripleDES
Terracotta Army

Reply #3167 on: November 26, 2008, 09:55:09 AM

Senior Community Representative...

Sure nice to see that CCP's still fucking dumb as hell after all this time.

--edit:
Totally unrelated, but from the QR 1.0.2 patch notes:

All blockade runners (Crane, Prorator, Prowler and Viator) now have a 5 second reactivation time when using a covert ops cloaking device.

laffo!
« Last Edit: November 26, 2008, 10:04:02 AM by TripleDES »

Sparky
Terracotta Army

Reply #3168 on: November 26, 2008, 10:19:12 AM

No mention of the DD bug at least.  Let's hope it becomes a "feature".
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #3169 on: November 26, 2008, 11:12:39 AM

There was at least post saying it was fixed on Sisi...so I'd say Evil Thug is a go for Launching 5+ Titans tomorrow.

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #3170 on: November 26, 2008, 11:53:04 AM

CCP Navigator is an awful moderator. Every time I see CCP lock a thread for incredibly dumb reasons, his name seems to be attached.

This thread is nothing but trolling and spam.

Any future AAA vs Goonswarm threads that get populated with meme's such as "You are the worst poaster", "Chilling with my brosef's" etc will be met with a warning for each time it is used.

Post whatever rubbish you want on your own private forums but CAOD will be used for actual reporting and relevant discussion in future.

Locked.

He appears to have a vendetta against Goonswarm.  We can't say "chilling with my brosefs" on CAOD?
lac
Terracotta Army

Reply #3171 on: November 26, 2008, 12:10:53 PM

CAOD will be used for actual reporting and relevant discussion in future.
He's either incredibly brave or incredibly stupid.
Jayce
Terracotta Army

Diluted Fool

Reply #3172 on: November 26, 2008, 12:16:54 PM

He appears to have a vendetta against Goonswarm.  We can't say "chilling with my brosefs" on CAOD?

Add it to the list - Lady Scarlet is another.

edited to add quote

Witty banter not included.
TripleDES
Terracotta Army

Reply #3173 on: November 26, 2008, 12:18:51 PM

Seeeeeeeeeenior...

But apparently not senior enough, since shit like that was already posted when I quit the last time, almost two years ago, and no one really cared. Until now, I guess.

Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #3174 on: November 26, 2008, 04:11:22 PM

I think we should try to get "The inconsistent moderation of CAOD" added to the agenda for the CSM.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #3175 on: November 27, 2008, 08:30:02 AM

There is a huge fight ongoing in VNG right now.  AAA and other Bob pets brought what would be a large fleet to defend the half dozen towers we kited and reinforced a couple of nights ago, but Goons brought substantially more.  Within minutes of the server onlining we were into an overflow fleet, and people just keep coming.

The background is that hundreds of us pulled long nights or all-nighters on Tuesday evening to put every R.O tower in the system into reinforced, to disable every defence they had, and generally to make their position miserable.

The first three or four towers are already dead, so VNG is saved from losing sov.  There is a good chance that we have killed enough of the hostiles that we can continue on and dominate for long enough to kill more.  Multiple enemy carriers are dead (F13 members alone have been on half a dozen or more carrier kills already).  It is absolute slaughter up until now.  The people who own the towers, R.O, are notable by their virtual absence.

As a comedy lol-K/D side-note, I imagine that the F13 efficiency for this campaign will be running at something stupid like 97% or more for the first fortnight, by the end of today.  And yes, we have been deploying capitals ourselves.

Twitter - Endieposts

Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #3176 on: November 27, 2008, 09:31:54 AM

How's the lag? Any signs of server implosion yet?

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #3177 on: November 27, 2008, 09:33:14 AM

How's the lag? Any signs of server implosion yet?

I had almost no  lag.  Everything I locked and jammed was reacting instantly.

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
Quinton
Terracotta Army

is saving up his raid points for a fancy board title

Reply #3178 on: November 27, 2008, 09:53:23 AM

There were 700+ in local during the first fleet engagement and everything was working fantasticly (for us at least... the enemy did not seem to be having as nice a day).

BoB arrived to, um, well I dunno what, they stopped two systems back and shot station services and gatecamped in a system we weren't operating in.  Then they logged off or something.  wtf.
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #3179 on: November 27, 2008, 10:12:13 AM

As we speak BOB are bieng L33t By camping AZN 2 jump away from us., I guess the cavalry, got tired, had lunch, and decided to shoot a teepee while the SU nation was busy sacking a town.

The are better than us.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2008, 12:18:30 PM by Sir T »

Hic sunt dracones.
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #3180 on: November 27, 2008, 11:55:30 AM

Bob are, indeed, better than us :(  Here is an example.

While we were removing huge numbers (I've honestly lost count, so far) of hostile POSes which represented the sum total of two weeks of effort on the eBay-GBC's part, and for which they lost numerous fleet battles, Bob turned up with 100 ships.

Inspired by FREGE, Bob decided to shoot our station services in AZN while we re-asserted our position in VNG.  While we wastefully expended ammunition on hostile carriers, ships and towers, Bob mocked us with the ease with which they did several percent of damage to our station.  Damage that can never be repaired (it's ok, it's already repaired).

Obviously, facing Bob's might, most of us in fleet wanted to evacuate our assets and suicide our remaining ships for the insurance.  Some, however, thought it would be better to sell our space dearly, so we went to our doom against the might Bob.

Obviously, we raped them.  The rest of them ran away or logged off.

Twitter - Endieposts

Quinton
Terracotta Army

is saving up his raid points for a fancy board title

Reply #3181 on: November 27, 2008, 12:09:05 PM

While we were removing huge numbers (I've honestly lost count, so far) of hostile POSes which represented the sum total of two weeks of effort on the eBay-GBC's part, and for which they lost numerous fleet battles, Bob turned up with 100 ships.

I believe we have destroyed 11 hostile POSes as of this posts.

Exchange in Local:

Zzelle > is this bob?
Innominate > not really
Zzelle > I thought it was a roaming CVA gang
Innominate > roaming cvs gangs actually kill goons

- Q
Pezzle
Terracotta Army

Reply #3182 on: November 27, 2008, 12:13:07 PM

Hey now, FREGE were doing something different and a long long way from home/supply.  No need being nasty!
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #3183 on: November 27, 2008, 12:34:21 PM

At the moment, AAA's KB shows 82 losses for 20 kills.  Of course, they only show 7 carrier losses so once a bunch of their people own up or come back from ragequitting then they'll probably be nearer 100 in total.  Also, there were a bunch of allies there with them.

Twitter - Endieposts

JoeTF
Terracotta Army

Reply #3184 on: November 27, 2008, 02:00:26 PM

AAA, SE, Coven, etc, etd, itp, ble ble ble are not part of GBC.

I know it eBay-GBC fits wonderfully into your propaganda line, but the truth is you haven't have any fleetfights with BoB or GBC (which is still up north) yet.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2008, 02:12:16 PM by JoeTF »
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 233 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: War  
Jump to: