Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 12:37:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: World of Tanks 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 135 136 [137] 138 139 ... 167 Go Down Print
Author Topic: World of Tanks  (Read 1102849 times)
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #4760 on: June 10, 2014, 06:45:23 PM

I'll be back to tanks soon.  Wildstar is starting to get to me.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Brolan
Terracotta Army

Reply #4761 on: June 10, 2014, 07:30:59 PM

Tried playing again this weekend and decided that I'm done.  Between my team wrecking my tracks and going "hur hur premium fucker" on my pak40, and then getting fucked from behind because my team couldn't kill a 1% T34 on my ISU I don't have the patience anymore.  Plus I fucked up my ratings trying Arty and my T-34 again, which is totally not worth it with the asshats in PUGs these days.  /sigh.

Yup, it's hard to believe they are letting a culture develop that insults the players that are paying for the game.  Do they want to go out of business?  I would ruthlessly ban anyone insulting my paying customers.
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #4762 on: June 10, 2014, 07:33:22 PM

Nebu,

You missed my epic IS-3 game on Windstorm.  5k damage and 4 kills including 3 different T9s. Was down to me and our arty against a JPII that was camping their cap. I was down to a one shot so thought I would be sneaky and come around south (been mostly in the northern part of town) so went down through the water across that land bridge at the edge of town and promptly drowned myself. Team was not happy. Ended up winning though.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #4763 on: June 16, 2014, 04:44:52 PM

http://ftr.wot-news.com/2014/05/05/about-the-firefly-line/

the British “LL” Line with Firefly should come this year (no exact ETA yet)
- here’s the interesting part: the line will be a hybrid line – lower half until tier 6 (Firefly) will be medium tanks, the upper half will be British turretted tank destroyers

And yes, it is true, I was able to confirm this info from other sources as well. For “what exactly will the line setup look like” – I wrote about it here with tank descriptions, but roughly:

Tier 6 – Firefly
Tier 7 – Avenger/Challenger
Tier 8 – Charioteer
Tier 9 – FV4004 “Conway”
Tier 10 – FV4005 Stage 2

Lower tiers will apparently include M3 Grant, Sherman I and M2A4 (I am not sure about the M2A4).

That looks like a fun tech tree.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Context: Everyone knows about the Sherman Firefly, Avenger/Challenger (no not that one) is a Cromwell with a 17-pdr gun, Charioteer is a Cromwell with the 20-pdr from the Centurion, the FV4004 is a Centurion with the Conqueror's 120mm gun and the FV4005 is a Centurion with the HESH hellderp from the FV215b.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2014, 04:53:12 PM by Simond »

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #4764 on: June 19, 2014, 07:34:52 AM

Nebu,

You missed my epic IS-3 game on Windstorm.  5k damage and 4 kills including 3 different T9s. Was down to me and our arty against a JPII that was camping their cap. I was down to a one shot so thought I would be sneaky and come around south (been mostly in the northern part of town) so went down through the water across that land bridge at the edge of town and promptly drowned myself. Team was not happy. Ended up winning though.

That's crazy.  How much xp was that worth?  I'd bet a WN8 of like 11k with that much damage.

Look forward to platooning again.  I've been away playing Wildstar, but I think I'm done with that game. 

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #4765 on: June 19, 2014, 11:29:21 AM

I had the oddest night. I couldn't lose.  It was a refreshing change.

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #4766 on: June 19, 2014, 11:31:40 AM

I'll fix that!

-  Mark Twain
WayAbvPar

Reply #4767 on: June 19, 2014, 02:49:14 PM

See what happens when I take a night off to watch soccer?

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #4768 on: June 23, 2014, 08:42:17 PM

http://www.wotreplays.com/site/957114#severogorsk-strazos-m53_m55

This is why I get annoyed as all hell whenever arty players throw in the towel at the end of matches.

No Guts, No Glory.

stealthedit: And this is from my laptop, FYI

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #4769 on: June 23, 2014, 10:45:54 PM

Man the T49 is a nasty little piece of business.  Didn't play it much before. Got it for the mission and already have an Ace Tanker in it with a 75 percent crew.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #4770 on: June 24, 2014, 07:30:10 AM

Man the T49 is a nasty little piece of business.  Didn't play it much before. Got it for the mission and already have an Ace Tanker in it with a 75 percent crew.

For someone like you that knows how to exploit view range and double bushing, it's crazy powerful for a tier 5.

-  Mark Twain
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #4771 on: June 24, 2014, 09:44:23 AM

I forgot how much fun that little tier 6 British SPG is...and how much it makes people rage. Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #4772 on: June 24, 2014, 03:19:53 PM

It's a true joy... unless you wind up agianst tier 8s as the only arty.  Plink..plink...plink.. Oh hey I blew off a track that time. 

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #4773 on: June 25, 2014, 12:39:25 PM

I've discovered that fitting the autoloader 6-pdr to the AT-7 is fun, as long as you don't mind throwing money away.

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
WayAbvPar

Reply #4774 on: June 27, 2014, 11:24:22 AM

Played solo last night. Started off 2/6 with a WN8 well north of 2500, but apparently wasn't carrying hard enough. Finally got some help from some teammates (and actually carried hard enough a couple of times) to end the night 16/22 with a WN8 of 2031. After that start, I will take it.

It is dismaying though- all I see is a sea of red on every team. I I don't play to basically double my career WN8 or better, my teams just don't win. It is amazing how bad the player base is now.

All that being said, I am probably going to play a bunch tonight (if I don't fuck off to the poker room), so give me a shout if you see me on and want to platoon up.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #4775 on: June 27, 2014, 11:58:01 AM

Played solo last night. Started off 2/6 with a WN8 well north of 2500, but apparently wasn't carrying hard enough. Finally got some help from some teammates (and actually carried hard enough a couple of times) to end the night 16/22 with a WN8 of 2031. After that start, I will take it.

It is dismaying though- all I see is a sea of red on every team. I I don't play to basically double my career WN8 or better, my teams just don't win. It is amazing how bad the player base is now.

All that being said, I am probably going to play a bunch tonight (if I don't fuck off to the poker room), so give me a shout if you see me on and want to platoon up.

I feel the same way, WAY.  I rarely play alone longer than a few matches anymore because the game just feels like work solo.  If I'm ever online, I'm happy to platoon.  I usually won't initiate it though, so shoot me a tell or an invite. 

-  Mark Twain
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #4776 on: June 27, 2014, 01:05:42 PM

I play a match or two. No more. I also only play grossly unfair vehicles and pad my kills since I don't care about winning any longer.  It's helped me a bit but not much.  Still I enjoy the hell out of owing shit up with my TDs and throwing gold rounds from the French premium is just grossly unfair.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Pendan
Terracotta Army

Reply #4777 on: June 30, 2014, 01:56:27 PM

I played this weekend for the first time since early April where I played for one weekend after another 3 month break. I won 24 of 40 games and that also included 2 draws. I am somewhat familiar with wn8 but it does not measure what I do to win games. The in game addon said my win8 was about 1450 for the weekend but wotlabs says just 943 over the 40 games. My weekend back in April gave results of around 65% win rate and 1100 win8 at wotlabs. Every games both weekends were strictly solo play so I was not being carried by platoon mates for the wins.

My overall win8 is 1560 which only makes me at the start of dark green. It was rare to have a game with someone else on either team with higher rating. I think I have only seen one green name with a better win rate that I have and not many blue names on both weekends.  The graph at http://wiki.wnefficiency.net/pages/WN8#Scale says most players should be right at the start of the light green at 1200 but I don’t believe it. The dark green where I am at should have a lot more players than the red and orange combined but I am certain that is not who is actually playing matches during prime weekend play times with me.

I started playing my Chaffee for multiple games at the end of the night because that was the only one I was ever breaking 1500 win8 with. I had a couple 3000 and one 4000 game in it but also a couple games under 100 points were I tried scouting with bounced shots only to be one shotted.  My best exp game of the night gave an average win8 but I had close to 4000 spotting damage which win8 can’t get data for so can’t count. In one of my wins the other team had 1 tank on cap and another approaching with no defenders on our side near. I shot the su-122-44 in the back and then side as he turned on me. He then chased me around a hill nearly 2 map squares in size but I made it back to the cap to stop it at 80% but immediately died. A team mate finally came to help killing the su-122-44 back on cap and the other capping tank when they were at 50%. We won the match but I got another average wn8 score with no points for the defense (unlike wn7).
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #4778 on: June 30, 2014, 04:15:05 PM

I played this weekend for the first time since early April where I played for one weekend after another 3 month break. I won 24 of 40 games and that also included 2 draws. I am somewhat familiar with wn8 but it does not measure what I do to win games. The in game addon said my win8 was about 1450 for the weekend but wotlabs says just 943 over the 40 games. My weekend back in April gave results of around 65% win rate and 1100 win8 at wotlabs. Every games both weekends were strictly solo play so I was not being carried by platoon mates for the wins.

My overall win8 is 1560 which only makes me at the start of dark green. It was rare to have a game with someone else on either team with higher rating. I think I have only seen one green name with a better win rate that I have and not many blue names on both weekends.  The graph at http://wiki.wnefficiency.net/pages/WN8#Scale says most players should be right at the start of the light green at 1200 but I don’t believe it. The dark green where I am at should have a lot more players than the red and orange combined but I am certain that is not who is actually playing matches during prime weekend play times with me.

I started playing my Chaffee for multiple games at the end of the night because that was the only one I was ever breaking 1500 win8 with. I had a couple 3000 and one 4000 game in it but also a couple games under 100 points were I tried scouting with bounced shots only to be one shotted.  My best exp game of the night gave an average win8 but I had close to 4000 spotting damage which win8 can’t get data for so can’t count. In one of my wins the other team had 1 tank on cap and another approaching with no defenders on our side near. I shot the su-122-44 in the back and then side as he turned on me. He then chased me around a hill nearly 2 map squares in size but I made it back to the cap to stop it at 80% but immediately died. A team mate finally came to help killing the su-122-44 back on cap and the other capping tank when they were at 50%. We won the match but I got another average wn8 score with no points for the defense (unlike wn7).

I currently only use one mod (one that shows max ranges on the mini map and last known location for enemy).  What mod do use and how do you install it that shows WN8 and win% for other players?  Normally I'd throw out "I'm a noob" when asking a question like that but I've never really used mods and I've done fairly well for my self with a WN8 of 1725 and win rate of 53%.
WayAbvPar

Reply #4779 on: June 30, 2014, 06:29:18 PM

Go here. Install whatever you want. It works like a charm.

Pendan
Terracotta Army

Reply #4780 on: July 01, 2014, 01:08:05 PM

I currently only use one mod (one that shows max ranges on the mini map and last known location for enemy).  What mod do use and how do you install it that shows WN8 and win% for other players?  Normally I'd throw out "I'm a noob" when asking a question like that but I've never really used mods and I've done fairly well for my self with a WN8 of 1725 and win rate of 53%.
I use the infamous XVM. I started using it just because of mini map abilities that it adds (and you mention) but back then you had to run a separate .exe file to get the stats part. I don't trust running files I get from sites on the internet that don't have a big monetary stake to not do something bad and I particularly don't trust foreign locations. So I did not have other player stat display until WoT changed the version of action script being used to 3 so that .swf files could access a server without having to be running other stuff.

If you have the mini map with last know positions then you might actually be using XVM. With the default installation you have to turn on player statistics in the res_mods/xvm/configs/rating.xc file. Just open with a text file. In version 9.0 that is all you had to do but so many people were using stats it was overloading the xvm database so they now make you register at their site. Directions are at http://www.koreanrandom.com/forum/topic/14190-how-to-enable-statistics-in-xvm-520/

Part of those instructions have you typing your WoT email and password in after they redirect you to the world of tanks official site. Because I again don't trust these sites I recommend going to the official world of tanks site first. Login and select the remember check box (assuming you are on a non public machine). Then when you are redirected you won't be asked to type in your password. That way a site can't spoof the page on you and steal your info.

I don't use the default config. I instead use this guys setup http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/316189-091-xvm-config-by-bones-with-optional-hp-in-player-panels-27jun14/ The latest version turns on a nice new XVM feature that shows the health of all your team and those of other team that have been spotted in the tank list.

To get some interesting stats in the hanger view about how I have been doing like win%, net money change, and wn8 per game I use YasenKrasen's mod http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/209229-091-yasenkrasen-coloured-messages-session-statistics-eng/
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #4781 on: July 02, 2014, 07:26:29 AM

Looks like the July monthly missions are for platoons (hint hint).

Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

-  Mark Twain
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #4782 on: July 02, 2014, 08:58:06 AM

They are terrible though. Only decent one requires 10 kills.

-H.L. Mencken
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #4783 on: July 03, 2014, 01:20:42 AM

I finally got my Waffle...and its everything I dreamed it would be. Heart Yahoo!
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #4784 on: July 03, 2014, 01:23:00 AM

Go here. Install whatever you want. It works like a charm.

Holy shit this was awesome.  I esp. love the Duke Nukem voice overs.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #4785 on: July 03, 2014, 09:05:46 AM

'Merica... Fuck YEAH!

Purchasable Super Pershing for the X360 version.  When I first saw this, I thought it was a photoshop joke. 

-  Mark Twain
WayAbvPar

Reply #4786 on: July 03, 2014, 09:09:36 AM

LMAO all it needs is Clint Dempsey and Tim Howard astride the tanks and it would be sublime.

Ginaz, I haven't been playing all that much but I am still grinding out my Tier 9 on the way to the WTF. Can't wait to lose games with 5k damage instead of 3k like I do now. And yeah- the OMC mod pack is crazy. Almost too much stuff, but I like having options. I have an XVM configuration I personalized that has stuff like name/clan, WR + WN8 and such over the top of tanks so you can tell who you are fighting at a glance, and some other fun stuff. If anyone wants it, PM me your email address and I can send it to you.

Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #4787 on: July 03, 2014, 10:35:38 AM

LMAO all it needs is Clint Dempsey and Tim Howard astride the tanks and it would be sublime.

WG sent this out yesterday:

https://twitter.com/worldoftanks/status/484423993772883968/photo/1

-H.L. Mencken
WayAbvPar

Reply #4788 on: July 03, 2014, 10:36:16 AM

Haha awesome.

Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #4789 on: July 03, 2014, 11:06:42 AM

5x weekend. Awesome/terrible in equal measure.

-H.L. Mencken
WayAbvPar

Reply #4790 on: July 03, 2014, 11:34:08 AM

Holy shit. I guess we will see just how much worse the player base can get. I am guessing I won't even notice.

Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #4791 on: July 03, 2014, 11:53:51 AM

Just got Tech Engineer Germany. I don't know if I should laugh, cry or seek help.

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

I LIKE being bounced around by Tonkors. - Lantyssa

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #4792 on: July 03, 2014, 12:38:21 PM

Just got Tech Engineer Germany. I don't know if I should laugh, cry or seek help.

As of last week I own every Tier 10 in the game. I'm way past help.

-H.L. Mencken
angry.bob
Terracotta Army

We're no strangers to love. You know the rules and so do I.

Reply #4793 on: July 03, 2014, 02:30:15 PM

Holy shit. I guess we will see just how much worse the player base can get. I am guessing I won't even notice.

I sure won't. I've been playing the War Thunder Ground Forces on realistic since realease. I'm so used to the hotkeys for that, plus calculating range with the sight mil marks. The crosshairs almost never go over the target and there's no glowy outlines. I tried to play WoT a few games last week and it was fucked. Not only was a clusterfuck of hotkey mashing and wanting to aim over the top of tanks, it felt like riding a Big Wheel after using a 10 speed.

Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muß man schweigen.
WayAbvPar

Reply #4794 on: July 03, 2014, 02:43:46 PM

Yeah WoT is just a bit more simmy than Combat! on the old 2600- WT realistic stuff is way beyond that. I plan to check it out one day.

Pages: 1 ... 135 136 [137] 138 139 ... 167 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: World of Tanks  
Jump to: