Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 06:04:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: War 0 Members and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 233 Go Down Print
Author Topic: War  (Read 1971252 times)
LC
Terracotta Army

Reply #2170 on: March 12, 2008, 11:50:59 AM

I think goons were ordered to make isk for the alliance this week. Deathstars can drain the corp wallet very quickly.
JoeTF
Terracotta Army

Reply #2171 on: March 13, 2008, 08:05:48 AM

Best thing our drunkaards can do is fitting carrier like junk battleship and attempting to jump it via the gate with 50 hostiles in system.
Terracotta Army

Reply #2172 on: March 16, 2008, 01:49:08 AM

In other news....

Anyone know if it is true that TRI have taken/are taking EC-P8R?
lac
Terracotta Army

Reply #2173 on: March 21, 2008, 01:03:36 AM

Soooo any of this true? Any juicy details?
- RA kicked one of their corps because it was fighting in the drone regions and didn't follow the general agenda. This corp belongs to the old time RA ceo MACTEP, who is somewhat a bigshot in the russian community. Russian civil war, drama, pets gone wild, absolutely nothing, who will tell what come next in the russian scene?
- Goons have a new ceo?
- BoB fought goons in the stain region. Apparently they were blue to AAA, SE, C0ven for that op.
- CVA lost 100 ships to 3 to SE and C0ven.
- Sansha nation lost hundreds of ships to BC.

Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #2174 on: March 21, 2008, 02:57:14 AM

Soooo any of this true? Any juicy details?
- RA kicked one of their corps because it was fighting in the drone regions and didn't follow the general agenda. This corp belongs to the old time RA ceo MACTEP, who is somewhat a bigshot in the russian community. Russian civil war, drama, pets gone wild, absolutely nothing, who will tell what come next in the russian scene?
- Goons have a new ceo?
- BoB fought goons in the stain region. Apparently they were blue to AAA, SE, C0ven for that op.
- CVA lost 100 ships to 3 to SE and C0ven.
- Sansha nation lost hundreds of ships to BC.

There's no RA drama, so far as I know.  Someone repeated that RA rumour on the GF boards and got laughed at for falling for CAOD trolls.  If it is true, then you know more than me.  To be honest, I don't even know if Solar Dragons left RA, but if so there are lots of reasons why they might do so without drama, like pursuing empire wardecs against a target etc.  Basically, dunno, but it's nice to have RA back on the frontlines again, hotdropping Bob.

We do have a new CEO.  Sesfan had been inactive for the best part of six months, and I'm pretty glad, for all that he was great at first in his role in driving Bob back.  In all seriousness, I had begun to think that he was in prison for much of last month.

Bob did, indeed, help out Stain fight some of our pubbie corps in C9N or somewhere like that.  This will, I predict, turn out in the medium term to be a substantial error by Stain.

Was that CVA thing a few days ago?  I know they lost a couple of carriers to some Russians in the last week or so?  Most of us in Aegis are up in Empire and Solitude ganking and station-camping our wardec targets (actually having really fun fights with Notoreity), so I'm a bit remote from what's happening in Providence and Catch right now.

I can confidently confirm that Sanshas Nation have offered to withdraw from south-western Providence in return for a cease-fire with BAT.

My blog: http://endie.net

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
lac
Terracotta Army

Reply #2175 on: March 21, 2008, 04:38:26 AM

I know they lost a couple of carriers to some Russians in the last week
I think it was the same engagement
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #2176 on: March 21, 2008, 04:56:30 AM

In other news....

Anyone know if it is true that TRI have taken/are taking EC-P8R?

97 poddings in EC-P8R in the last 24 hours.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
JoeTF
Terracotta Army

Reply #2177 on: March 21, 2008, 06:02:46 AM

Bob did, indeed, help out Stain fight some of our pubbie corps in C9N or somewhere like that.  This will, I predict, turn out in the medium term to be a substantial error by Stain.

Newsflash - they have been shooting TCF, goons and other local noobtards's for at least two weeks before. The suggestion that only recent and onetime op with BoB will cause the wrath of mighty RSF is laughable.
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #2178 on: March 21, 2008, 06:49:03 AM

Newsflash - they have been shooting TCF, goons and other local noobtards's for at least two weeks before. The suggestion that only recent and onetime op with BoB will cause the wrath of mighty RSF is laughable.

A bunch of Russians fighting our pubbie friends and spending a few weeks trying to take their space is one thing.  Whenever they got close we'd send down a few volunteers and protect the system.  We have a ton of space, and when we eventually finish taking Delve I imagine that we'll have plenty of peope trying to fight us or even chisel bits off.  That'll be fun.

But after their last push, when Stain had as good a chance as they would get and failed, they realised it wasn't happening, and called in Bob.

If you still don't understand the difference that fighting alongside Bob makes to our attitude then you still don't get what this war is about.  As I've always said, I'm just a lowly peon who knows nothing of our plans.  But I stick by my guess that this will not help them in the long run.

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
kidder
Terracotta Army

Reply #2179 on: March 21, 2008, 08:22:51 AM

But after their last push, when Stain had as good a chance as they would get and failed, they realised it wasn't happening, and called in Bob.

If you still don't understand the difference that fighting alongside Bob makes to our attitude then you still don't get what this war is about.  As I've always said, I'm just a lowly peon who knows nothing of our plans.  But I stick by my guess that this will not help them in the long run.

Is there a thread somewhere about the "war"?  I'm completely new to Eve and have really enjoyed reading all these stories.  I'd like to know what the war is about...if you care to point in the right direction.

Kidder
-I read forums.  Dur!
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #2180 on: March 21, 2008, 08:36:12 AM

You should try this thread.  swamp poop

Over and out.
kidder
Terracotta Army

Reply #2181 on: March 21, 2008, 09:09:04 AM

You should try this thread.  swamp poop

LOL, nice.  I've been reading this thread so long I thought it was about the BAT wardec. 

Kidder
-I read forums.  Dur!
bhodi

No lie.

Reply #2182 on: March 21, 2008, 08:38:25 PM

My first GF op, and a more classic line I have never heard:

"If you're in a frigate, we need you to go around, see if you can find a gang that isn't hiding in a PoS."

"Get us their gang composition through your lossmail."
TheWalrus
Terracotta Army

Reply #2183 on: March 22, 2008, 06:46:07 AM

Hey I got a velator!

vanilla folders - MediumHigh
JoeTF
Terracotta Army

Reply #2184 on: March 22, 2008, 07:49:09 AM

I heart that three top FC of TCF deflected to the enemy.  awesome, for real

C/D Endie?

Also, MACTEP is the guy who made RA what it was, from dying alliance into super power. Recalling previous RA drama, I'm not really surprised with the split.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2008, 07:52:37 AM by JoeTF »
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #2185 on: March 22, 2008, 09:35:27 AM

I heart that three top FC of TCF deflected to the enemy.  awesome, for real

C/D Endie?

Erm, I am in Goonfleet.  Other alliances and their drama is kinda outside my realm of interest, since we have plenty of our own drama to go around.  I only ever flew under one TCF FC, I think.  If they have lost three then that is very careless.

Also, MACTEP is the guy who made RA what it was, from dying alliance into super power. Recalling previous RA drama, I'm not really surprised with the split.

Like I said in a previous post, I don't even know if there was any RA drama.  I know some pubbies posted about some stuff on CAOD, but there's be no interest in it on the GF forums, which usually go into a frenzy at any excuse, so I doubt if anything important has happened. vOv  If you know something then do tell and I shall be delighted to go back and shitpost about it.

On the wider war front, this is a massive weekend for Bob: a four day weekend in their European heartlands, they've been planning a big series of ops, and they certainly won't get a better chanceany time soon to use their undoubted poopsocking abilities to make a big push.  So far, they've just arsed about with some systems with no cyno-jammers (lol IRON), but I imagine that has to be a sideshow to something strategically important.  Should be fun.

Twitter - Endieposts

JoeTF
Terracotta Army

Reply #2186 on: March 23, 2008, 12:19:49 PM

OK, the supposed indicators of Coalition collapse I've seen mentioned:

RA - Solar Dragons moved to XIX
TCF - Joshua Cane and his brother moved to DICE
GS - Change of CEO, remarkably drama free
IAC - Split into Odyssey
-A- - Not really interested in killing BoB, riding bikes
MC - Not really interested in killing BoB, taking other contracts
IRON/MM - Going back North (MM have been gone for ages)
BoS - Downs Syndrone
UNL - Farming and Drone regions, no interest in attacking BoB

About RA, seems to be there was some serious ego clash between nync and MACTEP, resulting in SDG effectively kicked out for not following alliance orders and playing with drone regions, followed by RA setting current SDG enemies to blue ^_^
lac
Terracotta Army

Reply #2187 on: March 23, 2008, 02:19:13 PM

Man, I just had written this really great drunk poast about how the russians would going crazy about their dyspro moons now sdg went bye bye and how their factions would start eating away at the goon space causing all kind of fun butterfly effect thingies while bob would be caught up in a really boring pos cleanup.

It really was awesome but then I hit backspace.

oh well

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #2188 on: March 23, 2008, 02:36:49 PM

Man, I just had written this really great drunk poast about how the russians would going crazy about their dyspro moons now sdg went bye bye and how their factions would start eating away at the goon space causing all kind of fun butterfly effect thingies while bob would be caught up in a really boring pos cleanup.

It really was awesome but then I hit backspace.

oh well

about:config is your friend. Put...

about:config

....in your address bar then....

browser.backspace_action

...in the filter, then set the value to 2. Then this will never happen again. I'm assuming you are using Firefox?

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
lac
Terracotta Army

Reply #2189 on: March 23, 2008, 02:52:30 PM

That disables backspace all together.

But thanks for the tip.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2008, 05:06:07 AM by lac »
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #2190 on: March 26, 2008, 05:42:25 PM

http://myeve.eve-online.com/ingameboard.asp?a=topic&threadID=735359
 awesome, for real

Looks like Krautbreak got out just in time. MC now has no friends left, and lots of enemies.

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
JoeTF
Terracotta Army

Reply #2191 on: March 26, 2008, 11:42:26 PM

Moreover, GF captured NOL.

on a test server.:P
lac
Terracotta Army

Reply #2192 on: March 27, 2008, 12:23:25 AM

Looks like Krautbreak got out just in time. MC now has no friends left, and lots of enemies.
They are blue to BoB again in Delve/Period Basis, no?
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #2193 on: March 27, 2008, 05:34:44 AM

Apparently not. They're neutral with everybody except the rest of Tortuga.
Also, it seems that this was not fully discussed within MC et. al. and some of their membership is...mildly upset with the decision.

("mildly upset" being a polite euphemism for "bloody furious and screaming at directors over vent", natch)

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #2194 on: March 27, 2008, 06:43:08 AM

For those of us not actually playing eve who are Tortuga and what does this mean?
lac
Terracotta Army

Reply #2195 on: March 27, 2008, 07:25:07 AM

Tortuga are the Mercenary Coalition and friends.
First they lived in a sort of BoB protectorate near BoB homelands then, when the anti-BoB coalition began putting pressure on the BoB homeland, they went neutral to everybody. A bit later they joined the coalition in attacking BoB and claimed the systems they lived in for their own. Now the coalition has let the pressure off and BoB is slowly starting to reclaim some of its lost territory the brave Tortuga alliance decides they are neutral/hostile to everybody else again.

They sure are good at roleplaying mercenaries  awesome, for real
« Last Edit: March 27, 2008, 07:28:01 AM by lac »
JoeTF
Terracotta Army

Reply #2196 on: March 27, 2008, 08:57:06 AM

First of all,  "a bit later" was 5 hours. They essentially announced standing reset by attacking BoB stations. One of the reasons why nap with MC will never ever happen again.

They're not RPGers either and the recent full standing reset was forced on them. A and IAC hate them with passion since announced their existence and now after they have come to help SDG in Drone regions, RA setted them to -10 (talk about peaceful split in russian camp:P). Which leaves goons as he only coalition member with positive standings towards them (I'm pretty sure north hates MC as well).
So, yeah - they did the only smart thing left to do.

bhodi

No lie.

Reply #2197 on: March 27, 2008, 09:10:14 AM

Which leaves goons as he only coalition member with positive standings towards them
Oh, not for long.
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #2198 on: March 27, 2008, 11:06:01 AM

First of all,  "a bit later" was 5 hours. They essentially announced standing reset by attacking BoB stations. One of the reasons why nap with MC will never ever happen again.

They're not RPGers either and the recent full standing reset was forced on them. A and IAC hate them with passion since announced their existence and now after they have come to help SDG in Drone regions, RA setted them to -10 (talk about peaceful split in russian camp:P). Which leaves goons as he only coalition member with positive standings towards them (I'm pretty sure north hates MC as well).
So, yeah - they did the only smart thing left to do.
MC also massively fucked up the multiple front assaults from a few weeks ago by bailing on their agreed parts of it about, oh, half an hour before they were due to begin (and leaving RSF, MM, Uncle Tom Cobbley and all in the lurch). Their collateral in GS was pretty much all spent at that point.

Nobody like them, and I wouldn't be surprised if a fairly significant chunk of MC pilots quit the corp/alliance...or the game entirely. Seleene included.

JoeTF
Terracotta Army

Reply #2199 on: March 27, 2008, 03:33:48 PM

Wow, new goon CEO is really good in PR&morale depertment - his morale blog introduction was so good, it uplifted morele not only in GF, but also in BoB camp.

I would write a something, but I'm too busy scavenging fuel from Rifter wrecks.

(Yeah, I know introductions are not really War material, but there isn't much going on recently)
LC
Terracotta Army

Reply #2200 on: March 27, 2008, 04:34:41 PM

The new goon CEO ordered goons to go rat in delve. I think this strategy might be the one that finishes BoB off. Next week they will really put the pressure on BoB by mining in delve.

"As you know, Delve is a particularly amusing region because every system has a -1.0 bonus to ratting." - Some Goon
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #2201 on: March 27, 2008, 05:20:23 PM

The new goon CEO ordered goons to go rat in delve. I think this strategy might be the one that finishes BoB off. Next week they will really put the pressure on BoB by mining in delve.

"As you know, Delve is a particularly amusing region because every system has a -1.0 bonus to ratting." - Some Goon

You've pretty much misunderstood both what has been said, and why it was said.

Twitter - Endieposts

Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #2202 on: March 27, 2008, 05:37:01 PM

About par for the course, really.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

LC
Terracotta Army

Reply #2203 on: March 28, 2008, 09:45:53 AM

Looks like the cynojammer is down in QY6 and goon POSes are being sieged.
bhodi

No lie.

Reply #2204 on: March 28, 2008, 10:29:47 AM

Yep. BoB rolled in almost 200 sniping battleships, dodged the titan's DD, popped the cyno jammer in system, and then warped in 51 dreads. I guess BoB REALLY didn't like the idea of all the goons setting up shop in delve.

They've got their max amount of towers per day up in QY6 and are steadily making their way through putting all ours into reinforced.

« Last Edit: March 28, 2008, 10:32:48 AM by bhodi »
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 233 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: War  
Jump to: