Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 08:51:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Serious Business  |  Topic: Ahh... celebrity. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ahh... celebrity.  (Read 1154 times)
Shockeye
Staff Emeritus

Skinny-dippin' in a sea of Lee, I'd propose on bended knee...

on: December 20, 2005, 06:26:10 AM

Quote from: MSNBC
The Scoop

Kelly Clarkson defends her drinking by citing the Bible. Sort of. “Jesus drank,” the “American Idol” star tells the January/February issue of Blender magazine. “It came straight from the Bible that he had a glass of wine. Actually, I don’t know if it says he actually drank it, but whatever.”

Wasn't her 15 minutes up years ago?
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: December 20, 2005, 06:36:52 AM

She has a point.  Jesus was an incredible piss-head.

He didn't, however, whore himself out on national reality TV.

Unless there's a book the bible I'm unfamiliar with.  Paelos ?

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #2 on: December 20, 2005, 07:23:09 AM

[Luke 7:33-35]

"For John the Baptist has come eating no bread and drinking no wine, and you say, 'He has a demon.' The Son of Man has come eating and drinking, and you say, 'Look at him! A glutton and a drunkard, a friend of tax collectors and sinners!' Yet wisdom is justified by all her children."

He wasn't a drunk, but it was an accusation from the Pharisees : God sends one prophet (John the Baptist) who fasts, lives in the desert, and secludes himself from people -- The Pharisees don't like him. God sends another prophet who's social, doesn't fast, drinks wine, and is friends with peasants, tax collectors, and whores --- And the Pharisees don't like him either.

"Yet wisdom is justified by all her children."

i.e. Judge with right judgement. They're both prophets and the Pharisees would do right for themselves if they didn't get hung up on surface appearances.

[Matt 9:10-13]

And as Jesus reclined at table in the house, behold, many tax collectors and sinners came and were reclining with Jesus and his disciples. And when the Pharisees saw this, they said to his disciples, "Why does your teacher eat with tax collectors and sinners?" But when he heard it, he said, "Those who are well have no need of a physician, but those who are sick. Go and learn what this means, 'I desire mercy, and not sacrifice.' For I came not to call the righteous, but sinners."

Pretty self explanatory.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2005, 07:24:48 AM by Stray »
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #3 on: December 20, 2005, 09:06:01 AM

Of course Jesus drank wine. That doesn't mean he was a fucking drunkard. If she's using that to justify getting shitfaced, she's a hypocrite. Otherwise, she's just a fading celebrity.

But I actually do like some of her songs in that "I'll probably hate this in two years and be glad I never spent money on it" sort of way.

SuperPopTart
Terracotta Army

I am damn cute for a stubby shortling.

Reply #4 on: December 20, 2005, 09:14:06 AM

I vote fading celebrity and death begins when Avril Lavigne starts writing your songs.

I am Super, I am a Pop Tart.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: December 20, 2005, 10:24:59 AM

Blender Magazine? 

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #6 on: December 20, 2005, 01:04:02 PM

Of course Jesus drank wine. That doesn't mean he was a fucking drunkard. If she's using that to justify getting shitfaced, she's a hypocrite. Otherwise, she's just a fading celebrity.

But I actually do like some of her songs in that "I'll probably hate this in two years and be glad I never spent money on it" sort of way.

I argue with Fundys on drinking all the time. The common response is that yes, Jesus drank, but he did so because wine was cleaner than water and it was commonplace. I argue that Jesus would never party with those guys.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Serious Business  |  Topic: Ahh... celebrity.  
Jump to: