Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 31, 2024, 05:02:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Walking Dead 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 67 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Walking Dead  (Read 566599 times)
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #315 on: October 25, 2011, 02:21:34 AM

They asked about that guy to Kirkman on the Talking Dead.  He pretty much said that the guy would have died of some type of head trauma, probably from something like a car accident.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #316 on: October 25, 2011, 02:22:54 AM

He was wearing a seatbelt in stationary traffic.

why so serious?

I Know, I Know, I'll stop.  It just bugged the fuck out of me.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #317 on: October 25, 2011, 03:34:57 AM

I figured all the people in that highway died of starvation after getting surrounded in their cars, cept for the ones that got broken into like the one with the bloody baby seat.

I am the .00000001428%
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #318 on: October 25, 2011, 03:39:12 AM

ACK!

Fair enough.

I reckon with a lapful of axe, I'd chance getting out.

Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #319 on: October 25, 2011, 09:33:06 AM

I hated Lori already but that "i'm mad at my husband because he's being reasonable" flashback made me want to bitch slap the shit out of her.

I am the .00000001428%
Jamiko
Terracotta Army

Reply #320 on: October 25, 2011, 11:08:56 AM

AMC renews 'The Walking Dead' for 3rd season

Zombies rule: AMC has just renewed The Walking Dead for a third season.
The decision comes after only two episodes have aired of season two, but it’s still no surprise — the show’s premiere had more adults 18-49 than any other drama in basic cable history. (And for once, AMC has managed to renew a show without a protracted hand-wringing negotiation!).
Ratings for Sunday’s second episode: 6.7 million total viewers, 4.5 million adults 18-49. That’s down 8 percent from the premiere, but hell, at these levels TWD can afford to give viewers away like Halloween candy.
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #321 on: October 25, 2011, 01:21:04 PM

Why is Andrea picking Shane instead of Daryl? That makes no sense.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #322 on: October 25, 2011, 04:47:08 PM

She's not picking him, she's tagging along because he had already decided to leave.  It was just an opportunity she took.

I am the .00000001428%
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #323 on: October 25, 2011, 04:53:54 PM

After reading the comics, finally, I'm kind of upset by the changes in some of the characters.  Andrea is the one that bothers me the most, cuz she went from kind of a badass in the comics to a whiny bitch.
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #324 on: October 25, 2011, 05:39:55 PM

She's not picking him, she's tagging along because he had already decided to leave.  It was just an opportunity she took.

She doesn't make sense to me.  After what she's done, why is she looking for an easy out? And yes, she is way too whiny.
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #325 on: October 25, 2011, 06:44:46 PM

She doesn't make sense to me.  After what she's done, why is she looking for an easy out? And yes, she is way too whiny.

She really does not want to die.  Or at least thats the impression I got.

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
croaker69
Terracotta Army

Reply #326 on: October 26, 2011, 04:39:14 AM

Did anyone catch the shout out to Breaking Bad in Merl's pharmaceutical stash?  Heart

What may at first appear to be an insurmountable obstacle will in time be seen for what it really is: an impenetrable barrier.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #327 on: October 26, 2011, 06:02:04 AM

Did anyone catch the shout out to Breaking Bad in Merl's pharmaceutical stash?  Heart

Hah, that's awesome.  I wasn't familiar enough with meth to know it's not always blue.

I am the .00000001428%
lac
Terracotta Army

Reply #328 on: October 26, 2011, 06:13:55 AM

Meth can never be so pure it turns blue. If it turns blue it's because there's a contaminant in there.
The blue meth in Breaking Bad was pure fiction yet since the show first aired cops have occasionally come across it. Some actual meth producers have started adding blue dye to their product...
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #329 on: October 28, 2011, 02:12:10 PM

Or he took one of his blades and slashed his femoral open.

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #330 on: October 30, 2011, 06:47:32 PM

WTF...  ACK!
angry.bob
Terracotta Army

We're no strangers to love. You know the rules and so do I.

Reply #331 on: October 30, 2011, 10:13:39 PM

I feel like I'm missing some vital part of information that will let me understand what the fuck this is talking about.

Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muß man schweigen.
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #332 on: October 31, 2011, 01:07:15 AM

I feel like I'm missing some vital part of information that will let me understand what the fuck this is talking about.

Yeah I'm not sure either.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #333 on: October 31, 2011, 02:12:25 AM

He was attempting to answer my question.  It still didn't though.

Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #334 on: October 31, 2011, 06:04:14 AM

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #335 on: October 31, 2011, 10:19:01 AM

So, as of right now, my two favorite characters on this show are Shane and the redneck.

Shane for the joy of watching his descent into pure bugfuck crazy, and the redneck for watching his ascent into a good team player that understands what's on the line and is actually looking out for his fellow survivors.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #336 on: October 31, 2011, 10:38:31 AM

The asian kid has done absolutely nothing at all this season, he was one of the best characters in the comics.

I am the .00000001428%
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #337 on: October 31, 2011, 10:55:45 AM

So, as of right now, my two favorite characters on this show are Shane and the redneck.

Shane for the joy of watching his descent into pure bugfuck crazy, and the redneck for watching his ascent into a good team player that understands what's on the line and is actually looking out for his fellow survivors.

Yeah, but I still don't really get it.  There seems to be NO problem with what happened to his brother.  None.  That just seems strange to me.

CmdrSlack
Contributor

Reply #338 on: October 31, 2011, 11:05:43 AM

Yeah, but I still don't really get it.  There seems to be NO problem with what happened to his brother.  None.  That just seems strange to me.

He seems pretty convinced that his brother will resurface somewhere. Since he's so convinced that his brother is a badass, maybe that's why? It seems a bit thin, I know.

I traded in my fun blog for several legal blogs. Or, "blawgs," as the cutesy attorney blawgosphere likes to call 'em.
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #339 on: October 31, 2011, 11:06:07 AM

I don't think him and Merle were too close in the first place.  From the story he told Andrea about how he was lost in the woods for 9 days, and that no one even noticed, tells me that he pretty much fended for himself most of his life.  I think that's also why he is such a team player now and actually cares for the people he's with.

As for Shane, he's a prick and I think he's at the point where he'll sell anyone out just to survive.  He's also not a character you really have to deal with much in the comics as, if I remember right, he's already dead before they get to Hershel's farm.  

I was really pumped that Pruitt Taylor Vince was on the show too.
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #340 on: October 31, 2011, 01:10:28 PM

As for Shane, he's a prick and I think he's at the point where he'll sell anyone out just to survive.  

This was my first thought after last night, but then I realized - if it was all about his own survival he wouldn't have wasted all that time wrestling the backpacks off of Otis. I think it was more a case of him ruthlessly deciding it was the best chance to save Carl.

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #341 on: October 31, 2011, 01:18:33 PM

As for Shane, he's a prick and I think he's at the point where he'll sell anyone out just to survive.  

This was my first thought after last night, but then I realized - if it was all about his own survival he wouldn't have wasted all that time wrestling the backpacks off of Otis. I think it was more a case of him ruthlessly deciding it was the best chance to save Carl.

That's selfish also, he's doing it more for Lori than Carl I bet.  Another thing is, someone mentioned that he took the gun that Rick gave Otis, so I think that's going to be the tip off.  Although I personally don't remember him getting the gun.

The thing is Otis also risked his ass for Carl/Shane twice to get them out of the school and it looked like they had a bit of room between them and the zombies.  If Shane hadn't of been limping I don't think he'd have done that to Otis.

It's kind of up in the air about his motives, but I think either way he's gonna get what's coming to him down the line.
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #342 on: October 31, 2011, 01:29:01 PM

This isn't a morality play.  He will get exactly the same as everyone else, a heaping pile of shit.

"Me am play gods"
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #343 on: October 31, 2011, 03:51:42 PM

If there's one thing I've learned from watching this show and The Shield, it's to never trust anyone named Shane.

Over and out.
TheWalrus
Terracotta Army

Reply #344 on: October 31, 2011, 09:53:04 PM

Wow! What a bastard!

vanilla folders - MediumHigh
KallDrexx
Terracotta Army

Reply #345 on: November 01, 2011, 05:17:31 AM

Meh, I can't truly say what I would do in the same situation to be honest. 
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #346 on: November 01, 2011, 04:50:11 PM

Meh, I can't truly say what I would do in the same situation to be honest. 

I feel like in the comics, for all Rick's talk about the hard decisions he's had to make for the group, and the times he's pretty much said he'd sacrifice anyone to keep his kid safe, he's never really been put in the position Shane was in.  So in that respect I continue to like what they're doing with Shane's character, putting him on this slippery slope where you could almost justify his actions in this episode, but you know it's only going to get worse.
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #347 on: November 01, 2011, 06:28:11 PM

Good episode!  Zombie action and riveting human drama.  Even Rick's wife was good.  But Shane stole the show.  That was some messed up shit but it felt authentic.  These are desperate times and folks are pushed to the edge.  Was it right or wrong?  Do morals matter in a zombie apocalypse?  Why keep struggling?  This episode really brought these questions up and there's no easy answer, at least to me. 

Best episode of the series so far. 
CmdrSlack
Contributor

Reply #348 on: November 01, 2011, 06:58:13 PM

As someone who expected Shane to die early in the first season, I like what they are doing with him. At the same time, I sure as fuck hope that Carl ends up shooting him. Granted, that likely won't happen as they've time shifted Carl getting shot to now as opposed to later in the comics. This was probably a good idea, because Kirkman's fan mail around Issue 85 was getting pretty mean.

I traded in my fun blog for several legal blogs. Or, "blawgs," as the cutesy attorney blawgosphere likes to call 'em.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #349 on: November 02, 2011, 02:00:17 AM

Do morals matter in a zombie apocalypse? 

No.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 67 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Walking Dead  
Jump to: