Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 08:26:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Walking Dead 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 67 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Walking Dead  (Read 564072 times)
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #175 on: November 16, 2010, 09:11:47 AM

Nah... I'll go with the brains theory  awesome, for real

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
voodoolily
Contributor

Finnuh, munnuh, muhfuh, I enjoy creating new written vernacular, s'all.

Reply #176 on: November 16, 2010, 10:40:08 AM

I thought it was hilarious that they were afraid to eat the zombie chomped deer but boondock saints dude was hunting with arrows he pulled out of zombies and wiped on his pants.

I caught that too, but then I thought he was only reusing the arrows for zombies. It just makes good sense.  Ohhhhh, I see.

Voodoo & Sauce - a blog.
The Legend of Zephyr - a different blog.
Roentgen
Terracotta Army

Reply #177 on: November 18, 2010, 02:50:05 PM

If we had a zombie Apocalypse the rednecks will be the first to survive.
Because zombies eat brains?

Rednecks are less likely to live in the city.
Rednecks are more likely to own a gun.
Rednecks are probably more prepared for living outdoors.
Rednecks are more liking to have blue collar skills necessary for rebuilding post apocalyptic world.

Because sitting in a trailer, slamming PBR, and collecting unemployment teaches you all the hunting/building/survival skills necessary to survive the zombie apocalypse.   awesome, for real

The internet is a place where men are men, women are men, and little boys are the FBI.
DLRiley
Terracotta Army

Reply #178 on: November 18, 2010, 07:08:56 PM

If we had a zombie Apocalypse the rednecks will be the first to survive.
Because zombies eat brains?

Rednecks are less likely to live in the city.
Rednecks are more likely to own a gun.
Rednecks are probably more prepared for living outdoors.
Rednecks are more liking to have blue collar skills necessary for rebuilding post apocalyptic world.

Because sitting in a trailer, slamming PBR, and collecting unemployment teaches you all the hunting/building/survival skills necessary to survive the zombie apocalypse.   awesome, for real

The trailer is a defendable position  DRILLING AND MANLINESS
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #179 on: November 20, 2010, 01:53:55 AM

The good thing about watching this a week later than you chaps, is that I get to watch out for some of the stuff that bugged you.

Redneck chap was hunting the deer and plugged it.  Then he hit the zombie (which was specifically stated as the first one they've had up here) and then he's shown cleaning the arrows in order to rid them of zombie gunk.  So it's not as bad as all that.   awesome, for real

A good episode and I'm glad they're making it more complicated than the original;  my earlier rant about Slut Lori was thrown into disarray given her fight with Shane.  That said, she's still an awful slut and I don't like her.  (She was hateful in the comic too.)

Is everyone else who's watching this just saying 'well, he/she wasn't in the comic, so they're marking time ?'

Wife-Beater scene was most excellent.  One wonders how long he'd have lasted with Michonne.  Milliseconds perhaps ?

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
DLRiley
Terracotta Army

Reply #180 on: November 20, 2010, 08:02:20 AM

Slut wife went from somewhat reasonable to intolerably bitchy. Her fight with Shane was so artificial with the only explanation being she is on her period.

"You said he was dead!"
"Well, he was 1. In an overrun hospital. 2. in a coma. 3. surrounded by zombies..."

If Shane slapped her I would have cheered.
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #181 on: November 20, 2010, 08:43:26 AM

wah?  Fight seemed pretty realistic to me.  I'm pretty sure he probably told her he saw him die for certain, so that there was no way she could hold out any hope.  It was probably practical for the time, since they needed to move out but she wouldn't leave him, but that would piss just about anybody off.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #182 on: November 20, 2010, 09:02:10 AM

Yeah, I sat through the fight thinking 'What ?  You're the one that took it like a bitch from behind, what are you so pissed off for ?  You SLUT'.  Then it all crystalised with her explanation.  Shane didn't just help her out, like the comics, Shane deliberately told her 'Yeah, I saw him expire' which brings it to an all new level of douchebaggery.

Vaiti
Terracotta Army

Reply #183 on: November 20, 2010, 04:09:37 PM

Because this is in no way a spoiler now, in the comics she did Shane once and only once in a moment of weakness. Even then she still managed to come off as a horrible slut. mostly because she was balling Shane without knowing it Rick was dead. They up and left town with him the care of the hospital.

In the TV series things are being portrayed in a much different light. The hint that Shane , as Ironwood put it, outright told her that Rick had expired and he had seen it happen, bring a totally new twist to the story. One I'm appreciating.

EvE: Caern Robillard | Cua D'Mon
Steam Profile
DLRiley
Terracotta Army

Reply #184 on: November 20, 2010, 07:05:19 PM

"You told me he died!"
"He should have   Ohhhhh, I see. "
"You BASTARD!"
"Oh come on baby its the zombie apocalypse  DRILLING AND MANLINESS"
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #185 on: November 21, 2010, 08:02:26 PM

That was amazingly good.

I really didn't expect the gangers to be that deep of an enemy. That was not expected at all.

Of course, to hear there are only 2 episodes left this season made me Head scratch.

Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #186 on: November 21, 2010, 08:45:59 PM

Well, they only set it up originally as a miniseries, so...there ya go.

That said, AMC has already paid for the 13 episodes for next season.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #187 on: November 21, 2010, 10:34:36 PM

Is it just me, or where there a bunch of random people getting bit/eaten in the attack at the end that I never saw hanging around before?

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
proudft
Terracotta Army

Reply #188 on: November 21, 2010, 11:07:58 PM

No, I was thinking that as well.   I thought Latino family-man guy got jumped on and eaten, then oh, there he is, and he has a different shirt on, so I guess that wasn't him getting munched on.  There were like at least 3-4 people I had no idea who they were.  Very confusing. 
DLRiley
Terracotta Army

Reply #189 on: November 21, 2010, 11:39:43 PM

Zombies, the biggest trolls in fiction  DRILLING AND MANLINESS
Vision
Terracotta Army

Reply #190 on: November 22, 2010, 12:02:12 AM

Yeah, the pulled a LOST with the sudden death of countless people I had never seen before.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #191 on: November 22, 2010, 09:58:11 AM

Only one of which anyone apparently gives a shit about. Of course, we had seen her before.
angry.bob
Terracotta Army

We're no strangers to love. You know the rules and so do I.

Reply #192 on: November 22, 2010, 10:17:32 PM

Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muß man schweigen.
waffel
Terracotta Army

Reply #193 on: November 23, 2010, 12:21:29 AM

Tebonas
Terracotta Army

Reply #194 on: November 23, 2010, 12:53:32 AM

I like the remaining Redneck Brother, by the way. He really is somebody to have around after the Zombie apocalypse.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #195 on: November 26, 2010, 03:01:38 PM

This Show Rocks.

angry.bob
Terracotta Army

We're no strangers to love. You know the rules and so do I.

Reply #196 on: November 28, 2010, 07:58:47 PM

Well, that seems to be a pretty big depaarture from the comic if I remember correctly. For those of you seeing this a week late you can just skip to the last 15 minutes. There's nothing of any note that happens in the first 45

Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muß man schweigen.
Vaiti
Terracotta Army

Reply #197 on: November 29, 2010, 09:50:13 AM

angry.bob is a cynic, watch the whole damn episode, was good, and this is the largest departure from the comics yet, so especially watch the whole thing if you read the comics. From here on I expect some pretty cool shit. iirc, this got the flag for season 2 yeah?

Steam Profile
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #198 on: November 29, 2010, 10:35:51 AM

Yeah, they ordered another season three weeks ago.  Also, it'll have 13 episodes instead of the 6 we got this time around.

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
trias_e
Terracotta Army

Reply #199 on: November 29, 2010, 04:45:59 PM

angry.bob is correct.  Nothing fucking happened. 

I find myself constantly agreeing with redneck brother and being constantly annoyed by almost every other character.  Does this make me a bad person?
DLRiley
Terracotta Army

Reply #200 on: November 29, 2010, 04:56:06 PM

angry.bob is correct.  Nothing fucking happened.  

I find myself constantly agreeing with redneck brother and being constantly annoyed by almost every other character.  Does this make me a bad person?

Nope, just the shows target audience  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly? I think most of those characters are annoying on purpose, you don't want them around during the zombie-end-of-the-world. You would want Glen and the redneck. Maybe rick.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2010, 04:57:49 PM by DLRiley »
Brogarn
Terracotta Army

Reply #201 on: November 29, 2010, 05:20:25 PM

Another excellent episode from beginning to end. Some damn fine acting and some reminders of the horrors both physical and emotional that something like this would take out on someone. Decisions you'd have to make that would be just plain awful. Even worse if you've got a family. It's a pity some would have you fast forward to the end just to see what happens. You're missing out. Unless, of course, you're soulless. Then never mind. Go ahead and fast forward through all the human parts and get to the guns, zombies and stuff. *thumbs up*
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #202 on: November 29, 2010, 05:24:52 PM

Viscerally it was a weaker episode, but if you ask me, character development is still "stuff happening."

I loved it, and can't wait to see where it goes.

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
Vaiti
Terracotta Army

Reply #203 on: November 29, 2010, 05:33:18 PM

Brogarn nailed it I think. This episode was all character development. And it was done very well I feel. There was pretty much no action in this episode.

Steam Profile
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #204 on: November 29, 2010, 06:02:51 PM

People who think nothing happened this episode are the reason TV is mostly shit.

I am the .00000001428%
trias_e
Terracotta Army

Reply #205 on: November 29, 2010, 06:35:13 PM

Cliched, obvious, boring are the three words that come to mind regarding the 'character development' of last episode.  Watching characters going through stages of grief is something that is better shown with change in demeanor over time, and not shoved down your throat in one marathon session.  The one good bit of development, not surprisingly, had to do with a relationship between living characters.  This episode utterly abandoned the best part about the survival-horror genre, which is a naturally exciting and often unexpected pacing over which character development to occur.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2010, 06:39:28 PM by trias_e »
Vision
Terracotta Army

Reply #206 on: November 29, 2010, 06:44:34 PM

People who think nothing happened this episode are the reason TV is mostly shit.

The reason TV is mostly shit is because of reality shows raking in $ for extremely low production costs.

This episode
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #207 on: November 29, 2010, 06:49:30 PM

Cliched, obvious, boring are the three words that come to mind regarding the 'character development' of last episode.  Watching characters going through stages of grief is something that is better shown with change in demeanor over time, and not shoved down your throat in one marathon session.  The one good bit of development, not surprisingly, had to do with a relationship between living characters.  This episode utterly abandoned the best part about the survival-horror genre, which is a naturally exciting and often unexpected pacing over which character development to occur.

This was originally only supposed to be a mini series.  They didn't have the luxury of taking a long, gradual approach to character development when the writers only expected to have 6 episodes to tell their story.

Over and out.
waffel
Terracotta Army

Reply #208 on: November 29, 2010, 09:53:13 PM

I watched the whole episode. Just browsed the internet during the first 45 minutes since it looked incredibly boring. It really was a waste of time and I highly suggest just FFing till the final 15.

« Last Edit: November 29, 2010, 10:01:35 PM by waffel »
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #209 on: November 30, 2010, 06:17:03 AM

I admit I jumped at the exact same scene Vaiti did - it caught me off guard. It was a character building episode certainly, but it was well done.

My assumption for the next episode:

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 67 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Walking Dead  
Jump to: